closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling deployant

Breitling deployant

I want a deployant with my new navitimer, but don't know where to buy it.

I need:
    A deployant
    The strap fitted to it (or a new strap, don't know if I can fit the existing?)
    All of it fitted for me, as I have no clue how to do it myself. Is it easy to do?

Do I have to go to an AP or is there an online place of choice?

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you want new and genuine, pop to your local AD. If your happy with other alternatives, eBay is full of similar styles.
    Word of slight warning, I found them bloody uncomfortable. Might be worth picking up a cheap one and trying it for a few days before spending big money on a Breitling one.

I have the mesh bracelet and deployment for my unitime which I love. Is it very different on a strap?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dave makes a good point OP, not everyone finds deployants to their liking and I'm another one of them!

I'd try before you buy if at all possible. My Navitimer World is on leather + buckle which to my way of thinking is far nicer, a bit cheaper and more comfortable...

Simon

Journeyman
    Just chiming in on this...i did the same when I got my Navitimer and never got on with the deployant...last just about a week before I went to a classic pin and buckle...

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Same experience - wasn't comfortable on deployant with leather. I think the mesh will be similar to bracelet so not a good comparison

Hmm, like I said, I love the deployant with the mesh. I have it on another watch with link chain. Is it so different on a leather strap?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The mesh is shortened to fit the wrist like any other bracelet. The leather deployant has to 'tuck' one part of the strap below the other. Not too bad on most leather straps but Breitling one size are so thick it's like resting your wrist on a satsuma.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Owned around 6 Navitimers and the deployant is the first thing to be removed, great idea but badly executed.

@ tbpdenmark... I think there's a bit of a theme developing here, isn't there. I don't suggest you equate the mesh to strap-on-deployant - not the same thing at all, mate.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    @ tbpdenmark... I think there's a bit of a theme developing here, isn't there. I don't suggest you equate the mesh to strap-on-deployant - not the same thing at all, mate.

Simon

That's correct, its also worth nothing that the old style clasp has been slightly modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    That's correct, its also worth nothing that the old style clasp has been slightly modified.
    Ok, seems like I have to put this idea out of my head. I thought it would be the same, but that is apparently not the case.

I'll go to the AD to try one out and form an opinion.

I got a Hirsch deployant on SC for £20 which I use on my speedmaster, they come up fairly regularly. Good quality and works really well for me . I will get the official Omega one at some point, but not ready to fork the £400 ish just yet!
    You would hav to find someone to fit it tho.
    Before getting the hirsch I got a cheap £5 one of eBay and stopped using it within a couple of hours as it seemed very flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    I got a Hirsch deployant on SC for £20 which I use on my speedmaster, they come up fairly regularly. Good quality and works really well for me . I will get the official Omega one at some point, but not ready to fork the £400 ish just yet!
    You would hav to find someone to fit it tho.
    Before getting the hirsch I got a cheap £5 one of eBay and stopped using it within a couple of hours as it seemed very flimsy.
    Maybe it's just me, but it feels wrong to use anything but a proper Breitling on such an expensive watch. Either I buy the real stuff or keep it as is. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by tbpdenmark View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it feels wrong to use anything but a proper Breitling on such an expensive watch. Either I buy the real stuff or keep it as is. Thanks though.
    No not just you!... I have a colleague who was also of the same opinion.
    But worked for me