closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dan Henry? Pics of mine added

Dan Henry? Pics of mine added

Just seen the Co Pilot clone, anyone here have an any of his stuff?
    Last edited by bongo; 8th March 2017 at 09:57.

Look at the minute subdial.
    Marker every 2,5 minutes.
    Crap.

Master
    Really like the Dan Henry '67 I think. Got that, Dodane, Auricoste look, would make a nice daily work watch for me, & I could retire the 'chavtimer' that has done me proud for the past 5 years.

Got the '63. Nice thing for the price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Got the '63. Nice thing for the price.
    Sorry, meant to say '63 in my post not '67. Any chance of a wristshot please if you wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Sorry, meant to say '63 in my post not '67. Any chance of a wristshot please if you wouldn't mind.

I tried the black bezel one yesterday and considering my vintage problem, was totally smitten and money box duly raided. For what it cost, and the work that has gone into it, a great vintage look grab & go. A pukka 60s Brietling Co Pilot, for all the thousands it would cost, would in reality, never leave the safe!

Master
    Thanks for the wristshot Broussard, that is really nice, I'll have to let the wife settle down from boil to simmer after my Fortis B-42 purchase before I bag one myself.

I'm tempted by the one based on the speedie prototype, the 1968 I think?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

I'm not a vintage fan in all honesty but I really want the 63 especially with the black bezel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Oh no, I'm going back in the doghouse, after seeing Broussards wrist-shot, & a glass of wine too many, I've gone & bought one.

I emailed Dan to complain that I like the watches but they were just too big for me, something around 40mm and he had another buyer. I did not expect a response but I got one which was very polite and let me know he was listening to similar comments too.

I'm pretty cynical about most modestly priced instagram-led new watches...but I can't see fault with those really. Unless the finishing is terrible or customer service poor, they look like decent low cost options.

edit: Hmm, having seen a few real life wrist shots I'm not feeling the love... It's not new, I quite often think things look nice based on studio shots and renders only to be disappointed when seeing it on an actual wrist :)
    Last edited by kungfugerbil; 8th March 2017 at 10:17.

I do quite like the look of the black 1939 and the white 1968. Could be a good, cheap, work watch

Master
    I broke my own rule of no quartz sh*tters, as the silver dial 1939 with spiral tach really appealed to me. Plus it ships from Germany in a few days so no faffing about with importing and VAT.

I think it looks best on the leather strap, also the supplied Nato-alike is just a bit snug on my wrist. 41mm wears fine IMHO.

The packaging in a canvas roll and travel case was a novelty too

Sorry for lame mobi snap!

Last edited by J J Carter; 6th March 2017 at 19:28.

This black bezel job will be on t' doormat in the morning......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2527952856...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Maybe a take on the Ed White would be in order, or a Universal Space Compax perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    This black bezel job will be on t' doormat in the morning......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2527952856...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Maybe a take on the Ed White would be in order, or a Universal Space Compax perhaps?
    Good pickup, I missed that one :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 1963 looks very nice for not a lot of money. Normally I'd prefer a watch with a black bezel but I actually think the silver bezel version is the nicest.

I came very close to bidding on one the other week until I noticed it was 50mm lug to lug! I hope they do listen to the feedback and make a smaller version.

Now hooked up to a vintage 22/14mm Rally. Large and IN charge.

Hard to contort the wrist while holding/pointing/fire a giant iphone in Survivor case in one hand!

Very comfortable and easy to wear once the thick daft leather 'belt' has been ditched. It really does have the look and a great weekender.

Master
    Never heard of this brand, but this one could certainly be a contender for the inexpensive chronograph space in my watch box which needs filling. Shipping from within the EU with no duty to pay also - even better. I can see one of these winging its way to me soon!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Oh no, I'm going back in the doghouse, after seeing Broussards wrist-shot, & a glass of wine too many, I've gone & bought one.
    Me too as well!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Me too as well!
    And me! Black bezel version on its way.

Master
    Ok..... me too:)

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Ok..... me too:)
    BAD boys!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    BAD boys!
    A great looking watch for not a lot of money - couldn't resist. Ok it's Quartz, but it fills a need and a gap in my collection. Had to be done. I've read a lot of really positive stuff about it, so look forward to my watch arriving in 2-4 business days apparently.

A period 22/16mm Tropic/Rally totally changes the look, The straps provided, nice as they are, do not suit the watch. IMHO of course!

Tried the diver also, very nice but again, Tropic type strap too wide at the buckle. I have presented my credentials via email to Mr Henry, and congratulated him on his wares but also conveyed my displeasure at his strap fails and to hurry up with an Ed White!

Blog Entries
    That is one mad sized watch buddy.

Trust all is good.

I like the 63 but am reluctant to buy a relatively new model/brand. Think I'll hold off awhile until the feedback starts coming in.

Master
    Taken delivery of a 1963 black bezel today. I placed my order on Thursday evening last week, so I'm pleased with the delivery time. The watch itself is very nice indeed, especially for <200 quid. Time will tell how I get on with it, but initial impressions are very good.

Last edited by pstruck; 14th March 2017 at 16:33.

Master
    Picked up mine on Saturday, slightly underwhelmed TBH, but nevertheless, it's OK & will be my daily workwatch having retired the Rotary 'chavtimer' which has done sterling service for the last 5/6 years. 1st thing I did was ditch the strap and found an old Toshi vintage in my watch drawer. It's not a particularly good match, but a lot better than the OEM, so it will do for now.
    upload img

Craftsman
    My 1963 Silver Bezel arrived today. A really good package and for me wears very well. For less than £200 pretty good value. I will spend a bit of time comparing it to my Straton Curve Chrono which was similar money (from Kickstarter) for an equivalent package.