closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haye v Bellew

Haye v Bellew

Anyone going to tune in tomorrow night to watch the fight?

I can't see how the fight is going to go personally, I think Haye has got most bases covered, but Bellew still has a puncher's chance.......

I really want Bellew to win BUT likely to be a Haye win by TKO within 4 rounds. If Bellew can take the fight past 6 rounds his chances increase significantly.

Had the fight been made at cruiserweight it would have been a more even fight.

I haven't seen their purses for the fight but they are likely being very well paid.

James

Who's showing the fight?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I'll certainly be tuning in and looking forward to it. Agree with your comments and think Haye will stop him, but Bellew is capable of landing a heavy one, so who knows. Haye has been claiming that he is the best that he has ever been. I find that very difficult to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Who's showing the fight?

R
    Sky Box office, you can now watch it via sky online even if you're not a Sky subscriber.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    I really want Bellew to win BUT likely to be a Haye win by TKO within 4 rounds. If Bellew can take the fight past 6 rounds his chances increase significantly.

Had the fight been made at cruiserweight it would have been a more even fight.

I haven't seen their purses for the fight but they are likely being very well paid.

James
    Sharing £7M I've heard.
    Joke of a fight. Mismatched and purely a 'filler' for Haye and a payday for Bellew.

I dislike Haye immensely. Some of the things he's spouted are disgusting. I know it's all part of the build up nowadays but it ain't right.

Although it's likely Bellew will get knocked on his arse by the bigger Haye, I'm backing Bellew to win. Most pundits say from round 6 onwards, Bellew starts to become a viable candidate. However, I might have a punt on him winning in rounds 3-6. If he tucks his chin in and picks his shots, he might get lucky. Haye has the 'Lennox Left', an annoying stance that sees his left hand down by his waist and his right across the face. Either an over the top right from Bellew or even a decent left hook should rattle Haye. At that point, backbone comes into it and Haye hasn't got it.

We'll see I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Sky Box office, you can now watch it via sky online even if you're not a Sky subscriber.
    A double thanks for that, I feared it'd be Sky Box Office (we don't have Sky) but didn't know about the online option.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Haye by a mile.

I'll be watching - Haye will win
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    A double thanks for that, I feared it'd be Sky Box Office (we don't have Sky) but didn't know about the online option.

R
    No problem, I'm not a subscriber either but the online player works very well.

Here's a link with more info:

http://www.skysports.com/haye-vs-bel...770/10786502/1

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'll be watching - Haye will win
    Agreed. Haye will be just too powerful for Bellew, and 11 pounds is a big advantage given their respective sizes.

I think haye will stop him ,probably within 6 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Haye to win, but the value is in backing Bellew for a knockout in first 6 rounds - some great odds. Haye by his standards looks very soft.

Cannot stand the way Haye has conducted himself in the run up to this. Team Bellew here but I fear he hasn't got either the power or the skill to take on Haye, it's a step up too far.

Master
    No way will I pay for this. Boxing is like WWE in its build up now.

Embarrassing sometimes. Bellew will do what he did against Stevenson and not know what to do against real power.

Haye by KO.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I've subscribed. Heart says Bellew, head says Haye. Just hope it lasts a while and is a good fight.

Stuart

I hope Bellew wins. Haye has been a disgrace in the build up to this fight.

Chris

Master
    It looks like a farce, just an effort to bump Haye up the rankings a bit. Not in a million years would I pay for the fight, it would have to be the undercard of the century to warrant Pay-Per-View.

Miracles happen, but Bellew has piled a load of weight on to reach Heavyweight stats and he's still a stone under Haye, I can't see him having the power to challenge. He's still touting this as "battle of the Cruiser-weights" which is a joke, he should have stayed at Cruiser.

Haye is currently ranked 8th in the world at heavy-weight, though I honestly don't see him beating any of the other top ten.
    Apparently the next fight (if he wins tomorrow) will be Anthony Joshua. That could be an interesting one, I'd probably pay to watch that.

Tyson Fury after that? GOD I HOPE SO! Fury said he'd never box him after Haye ducked twice, but I really REALLY want to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    I hope Bellew wins. Haye has been a disgrace in the build up to this fight.

Chris
    To be fair he is just responding in kind - they both haven't conducted themselves with any grace.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Tyson Fury after that? GOD I HOPE SO! Fury said he'd never box him after Haye ducked twice, but I really REALLY want to see it!
    I don't think we'll see Tyson Fury fight again

The only reason this fight is happening is to gauge what Haye has left with a view to fighting AJ if they reckon AJ will win

Craftsman
    Haye should win this within 4 rounds.

I don't buy into Bellew being a big puncher. His ko to win ratio isn't that great, and let's be honest, he hasn't fought anyone of great caliber. Adonis Stevenson blew him away, and Cleverly outboxed him first fight. Point is, he hasn't knocked anyone out of decent pedigree.

Fair play to the promotion as it has got everyone interested in what should be a mismatch.

I've fell for the hype and paid £16.95 for it on
    Box office. Load of mates coming round with ale
    And food. Should be a good night

I've just given a ticket away , I have a horrendous fever and can't make the fight today, gutted .

Master
    Power and speed - Haye.
    Heart and stamina - Bellew.
    Haye's all about blowing Bellew out of there quickly as if it goes into the trenches he knows Bellew will out work him, he's deceptively effective in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    To be fair he is just responding in kind - they both haven't conducted themselves with any grace.
    There is always hype and nonsense before any big fight. However, Haye threatening to leave Bellew's family in mourning and bragging about doing serious harm and wanting to do him serious harm crosses the line. Particularly with the injuries that have happened to a few boxers recently. There is a line that you don't cross and the threats that Haye has been making have been out of order and quite rightly condemned.

I used to regard Haye quite highly but he seems to have lost the plot. Even on shows like Soccer AM where he appeared last week you could actually see the presenters cringing when Haye was prattling on about what he was going to do to Bellew. It was totally inappropriate and out of order. They ended up defending Bellew on the programme. Bellew has responded but in quite a classy way and his anger is around the serious damage that Haye is spouting about doing.

As already stated there is always nonsense around these type of fights but Haye has crossed the line.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I don't think we'll see Tyson Fury fight again

The only reason this fight is happening is to gauge what Haye has left with a view to fighting AJ if they reckon AJ will win
    If Haye and AJ get it on, AJ is going to knock him into tomorrow!

Master
    Its my turn to buy the PPV, so beer, betting and boxing at mine tonight

If Haye lands cleanly it could be all over quickly, if it goes longer Bellew will test Haye's heart. Ive had a cheeky couple of £ on Bellew getting off the floor to win at 16/1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    There is always hype and nonsense before any big fight. However, Haye threatening to leave Bellew's family in mourning and bragging about doing serious harm and wanting to do him serious harm crosses the line. Particularly with the injuries that have happened to a few boxers recently. There is a line that you don't cross and the threats that Haye has been making have been out of order and quite rightly condemned.

I used to regard Haye quite highly but he seems to have lost the plot. Even on shows like Soccer AM where he appeared last week you could actually see the presenters cringing when Haye was prattling on about what he was going to do to Bellew. It was totally inappropriate and out of order. They ended up defending Bellew on the programme. Bellew has responded but in quite a classy way and his anger is around the serious damage that Haye is spouting about doing.

As already stated there is always nonsense around these type of fights but Haye has crossed the line.

Chris
    If it gets people talking, and more importantly, buying the fight then he will be encouraged to keep pushing it. It's all an act he's playing up to even if he is going too far.

Why is Bellew regarded better for heart and stamina? Bellew bottled it against Stevenson and will be carrying extra weight than he is used to which could cause issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    If Haye and AJ get it on, AJ is going to knock him into tomorrow!
    Don't know yet. This is what this fight is; If Haye looks like he's still got it they will leave it for a bit.

I don't like Joshua either to be honest.

Master
    Bellew bottled it against Stevenson and will be carrying extra weight than he is used to which could cause issues.
    By bottled it do you mean outboxed and hit with a couple of big lefts by the WBC light heavyweight champion for the last 3.5 years, unbeaten for 6+ yrs with only 1 avenged defeat? I'm no Bellew fanboy but he gives his all with no excuses. Can't say the same for Haye despite him being more naturally gifted and exceptional at his best.

I want Bellew to win but can't see it.
    The only acceptable outcome from a Haye win would be if he goes on to get battered by Joshua, battered so badly he never opens his mouth in public again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    By bottled it do you mean outboxed and hit with a couple of big lefts by the WBC light heavyweight champion for the last 3.5 years, unbeaten for 6+ yrs with only 1 avenged defeat? I'm no Bellew fanboy but he gives his all with no excuses. Can't say the same for Haye despite him being more naturally gifted and exceptional at his best.
    Unbeaten because he's ducked Kovalev and Ward.

Master
    Unbeaten because he's ducked Kovalev and Ward.
    I suspect you may be correct but we won't see that until they've gone again :).

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dl_griff View Post
    Its my turn to buy the PPV, so beer, betting and boxing at mine tonight

If Haye lands cleanly it could be all over quickly, if it goes longer Bellew will test Haye's heart. Ive had a cheeky couple of £ on Bellew getting off the floor to win at 16/1
    Is Budweiser ok Lloyd?

I'll be there around 8pm mate, I've got a sleeping bag. I'll be asleep on the floor early.

So will Bellew!

Haye will win this easily

Master
    Those who haven't already paid for it register with skybet spend a fiver on having a punt and they send you the code to watch the fight for free the odds have to be greater than 1-2 or something but you'd get to watch the fight and stand a chance of getting something back for it. New to me never done it before but for £5 worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I've subscribed. Heart says Bellew, head says Haye. Just hope it lasts a while and is a good fight.

Stuart
    It will be over within 6 minutes, Haye to win comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    I hope you're not a betting man.

R

What time is kick off?!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    What time is kick off?!
    Its the ninth round.

Surprised.

Shame Haye picked up a bizarre injury.

Craftsman
    Bellew.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post

Either that it will go 11 rounds

Can't believe that fight, a weird rollercoaster and amazing result.

Master
    Absolutely insane end to the fight. Haye seemed to be crocked but still, shocker.

There will be some upset bookies tomorrow I suspect - although a lot of money still went on a Haye victory by KO in the first 4 rounds.

Master
    Bellew makes Haye.

scooter

Well i wasn't expecting that result! Very pleased for Bellew after all the trash talk in the build up.

Cheers,
    Gary

Shocker, such a shame how the finished though.

Master
    What a shower.

Look at them now giving all the pally well done mate chat. It was all a show.

Bellew couldn't even finish it with Haye practically on one leg.

Haye v Bellew 2 at Wembley will be all Hearn is thinking.

AJ would blow these 2 away,haye should retire for good

Master
    Hayes body is telling him his time is up.

Bellew needs to move back down and not even think about Joshua