closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seadweller - Request from an old mate for the father of our friend.

Seadweller - Request from an old mate for the father of our friend.

Bit of a convoluted title, but a good friend of mine has been asked by the father of a fellow diver if any assistance is available to try and local the Rolex Seadweller that belonged to his now deceased son.

Story here:-

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ca...ex-sea-dweller

Happy to take info or suggestions by PM and pass them on.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 16th March 2017 at 22:39.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I'm assuming the guy that bought it simply got it to make a profit out of it since he let it go pretty fast and also wouldn't say who he sold it to (not that it's illegal or anything, just saying...).

Pretty hard to find it, I would say as the owner might not want to have anything to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    I'm assuming the guy that bought it simply got it to make a profit out of it since he let it go pretty fast and also wouldn't say who he sold it to (not that it's illegal or anything, just saying...).

Pretty hard to find it, I would say as the owner might not want to have anything to do with this.
    Why not - genuine request from a genuine person - if the answer is no then at least there is some closure.

The watch was part of Carl Spencers estate after he passed away and was sold by his wife to raise money in hard times (at auction - hence the anonymity of the buyer) The request to try and locate it is from Carl Spencers father.

The price of £4k in 2012 was about right except there may be some provenance 'increase' on resale.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 16th March 2017 at 22:46. Reason: Bit more detail
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Can't believe the buyer won't say who he sold it to,makes no sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have checked mine, close-ish but not the one.

If the watch was in my possession I'd be gutted to hear the back story and the enjoyment I had owning this watch would be lost. I'd be compelled to return the watch. Where there may be a winner there'd also be an innocent loser.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Can't believe the buyer won't say who he sold it to,makes no sense to me
    It would be a breach of the Data Protection Act to divulge the purchaser's details.

From the story, I understand that Fellow's also didn't divulge who had bought it from them, but contacted their buyer directly.