closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA: Rolex Daytona 116500

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchio View Post
    Actually having one of these in a shop window is encouraging. I can only think that this is because they have phoned up each person on the 'waiting list' and and no ones taking it. I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last but I look forward to the day when one of these can be picked up at sensible money.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    It's in the window cos it's quite a few thousand over list. Try find one at list in an AD and would wager you will never find it

Journeyman
    I want one but never at this price

Quote Originally Posted by scorchio View Post
    Actually having one of these in a shop window is encouraging. I can only think that this is because they have phoned up each person on the 'waiting list' and and no ones taking it. I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last but I look forward to the day when one of these can be picked up at sensible money.
    An AD would not be allowed to sell a new Rolex above list.

As I understand, if they re-purchased the watch from a customer, at 'market value' (i.e. list + premium), they would be allowed to retail it with a profit margin.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Yes, it's all these AWOL Russian billionaires and the like buying houses in London that are pricing out teachers and nurses so apparently house prices in Luton are now even going thru the roof. Tough times for Generation Rent.
    It sickens me from afar seeing Russian and Middle Eastern money buy up half of London.Where there is no room for the middle classes never mind the working classes anymore.
    No idea how ordinary Londoners feel about it.If they had property they've probably cashed in but those without property have been priced out of their own city which is a real travesty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post
    An AD would not be allowed to sell a new Rolex above list.

As I understand, if they re-purchased the watch from a customer, at 'market value' (i.e. list + premium), they would be allowed to retail it with a profit margin.
    They are in certain countries but i believe not in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Watchfinder, Miltons, Old Watch Shop all have them too. I don't think they're difficult to find at this price.
    Not exactly a steal is it...

This thread made me laugh. Under £15k for a Daytona actually seems like a bargain by today’s standards! What a difference a couple of years makes!!!!

Master
    Considering WF are selling used 2016 at £19k, this is not a bad price. If I was in the market for a grey Daytona I might have considered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Considering WF are selling used 2016 at £19k, this is not a bad price. If I was in the market for a grey Daytona I might have considered it.
    I presume you’d take the Delorean to collect it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    This thread made me laugh. Under £15k for a Daytona actually seems like a bargain by today’s standards! What a difference a couple of years makes!!!!
    Yup - many said the price had peaked then :)

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Yup - many said the price had peaked then :)
    The bubble has been about to burst for a while:-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Looking at WF they are pricing the white at around £700 premium. I've also seen the white as more expensive elsewhere.

These are going substantially over RRP, some will buy and enjoy and get on with it, others won't agree and hence not pay and will either not wear one, or wait for years and years. Neither is right or wrong, it's what an individual is prepared or not prepared to do.

However if you want one and aren't likely to get one from an AD, Haywood has a white dial quite a bit cheaper than WF.
    I remember posting this - whoever bought Haywood’s would be laughing now.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    More Daytonas are being produced every week; slowly, but surely, prices will fall. So, a bit of patience should do the trick . These are mass produced watches. There will already be many thousands of them, in every country. Grey dealers have a clear interest in exaggerating the issue...that's how they get the big prices.
    Incidentally, virtually every watch blog has warned of getting carried-away and paying too much. But it is a free world, so there will be buyers at high prices for a while yet.
    Oops these mass produced watches seem to have rocketed the other way.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Am I alone in preferring the black dial?
    No

Apprentice
    I own a handful of sports models buying from Late 2009 to last year owning the most popular sports models and still have them.

However the Daytona has always evaded my collection even tho I have spent a fortune with the Aurum group they are to this date to no avail still cannot get me a Ceramic Daytona.

I haven't given up but watched this recently on you tube and made me laugh

https://youtu.be/gCO8Rnsf11Q

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I think the steel Daytonas will retain a strong premium making the pre-owned WG ones look good value and they come with some stunning dials as well......

Master
    I remember posting this - whoever bought Haywood’s would be laughing now.
    That is, if it hadn't been sold on three times further since then !

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    That is, if it hadn't been sold on three times further since then !
    I owned that for a few weeks and lost money on it 😪

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I owned that for a few weeks and lost money on it 
    Unbelievable really thinking about it now.....

Master
    Well, Tim Mosso has his doubts about future prices of ceramic Daytonas, (Watchbox 17 June) and gives good reasons....essentially that there are an awful lot of them held by dealers and speculators.
    They’re not rare or difficult to get, there’s plenty of them. If you will pay the prices.
    Last edited by paskinner; 18th June 2019 at 16:34.

Master
    Well, Tim Mosso has his doubts about future prices of ceramic Daytonas, (Watchbox 17 June) and gives good reasons....essentially that there are an awful lot of them held by dealers and speculators.
    They’re not rare or difficult to get, there’s plenty of them. If you will pay the prices.
    And new ones being made every week...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    And new ones being made every week...
    Old is gold.

Master
    Just a matter of time before the new Rolex bubble goes ‘POP’

Was interesting hearing a watch dealer talking about it, wasn’t really expecting it to be honest but he’s totally right. His point about the price increases being down to a succession of dealers and flippers buying them is spot on, the price grows because of speculation and hype. These people aren’t the real end user/owner and most likely don’t intend to keep the watch when it owes them twice retail.

It’s kind of like pass the parcel but in this case when the music stops it won’t be a present.

It’s one thing buying a vintage watch for a premium but a current model still in production? People are nuts.

Master
    I think the 116500’s will continue to rise as I don’t hunk they’ll increase their production. If anything they are more likely to either cut production on those models or follow Patek and increase the price substantially-or do both. To the subs, sub dates, BLNR’S, Pepsi’s, DSP, Hulks Maybe that will fall in price of the rumoured supple appears. The fall won’t be that great as there’s a lot of catchup to take place.

But ALL of this is down to one reason only - the ability to borrow money at ridiculously cheap rates. Whether that’s on your 3% personal loans, your 1.5% mortgages or give a way car finance. When that dries up then that it. And it will happen. Last one was in 2008 but no one sees them coming. Some very clever wealthy people are moving into cash or raising money at low rates for the next bubble to burst. The very very very very clever ones will even know the date I’d imagine.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the 116500’s will continue to rise as I don’t hunk they’ll increase their production. If anything they are more likely to either cut production on those models or follow Patek and increase the price substantially-or do both. To the subs, sub dates, BLNR’S, Pepsi’s, DSP, Hulks Maybe that will fall in price of the rumoured supple appears. The fall won’t be that great as there’s a lot of catchup to take place.

But ALL of this is down to one reason only - the ability to borrow money at ridiculously cheap rates. Whether that’s on your 3% personal loans, your 1.5% mortgages or give a way car finance. When that dries up then that it. And it will happen. Last one was in 2008 but no one sees them coming. Some very clever wealthy people are moving into cash or raising money at low rates for the next bubble to burst. The very very very very clever ones will even know the date I’d imagine.
    Agree 100%.

Daytonas always have been carefully managed by rolex regarding supply. Can only see if any bubble pops it effecting the usual models - subs etc. Basically going back to before

Master
    The fall won’t be that great as there’s a lot of catchup to take place.
    Not so sure about that. The market currently is driven by "investors"/"speculators". If (very big if, admittedly) they b*gger off, then the market will consist, to a far greater extent, of people who want to buy a watch to wear.

Said it before if the 126710BLRO was readily available at list, people would be slating it and avoiding it like the proverbial! The GMT was unloved for years and I'm not sure it won't go back that way when the dust eventually settles.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Not so sure about that. The market currently is driven by "investors"/"speculators". If (very big if, admittedly) they b*gger off, then the market will consist, to a far greater extent, of people who want to buy a watch to wear.

Said it before if the 126710BLRO was readily available at list, people would be slating it and avoiding it like the proverbial! The GMT was unloved for years and I'm not sure it won't go back that way when the dust eventually settles.
    The LN maybe but the Batman was a huge hit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    The LN maybe but the Batman was a huge hit
    Meant more in the "old" days, pre-ceramic but certainly LN unloved - until it was discontinued!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Meant more in the "old" days, pre-ceramic but certainly LN unloved - until it was discontinued!
    Yeah now a hot piece lol. Madness

Anyone want to guess how many 116520s were made and how far along we are with 116500s in comparison? I do feel that the rate of production of 116500s seems higher than what we saw with the 116520 regardless of how careful Rolex has been managing the supply.