closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 'mare of a day

Master

'mare of a day

So I was eagerly anticipating an incoming parcel from Watchshop today at work.
    It duly arrives. I open it and - outer box, instructions etc on top, tin inside but
    no watch !!!! Thing was it was in their so called tamper proof package and didn't
    appear to have been tampered with at all. I had to tear the opening strip to get it
    open.
    So now the fun begins - they tell me their stock levels check out. I've had to return
    all the packaging to them for them to investigate.
    Fortunately I opened it in front of 3 of my colleagues who were as shocked as I was
    to see nothing in the tin.
    Anyone else experienced anything like this ?

Oh the watch - it was one of the GShock Mudmaster GWG-1000-1A3ER

maseman

Wow that's a strange one. I would be gutted if that happened. What can be done ?

Hope you get this sorted.

Nightmare!

Not had it happen but it has been something I've thought about in terms of your word against theirs. Great you had witnesses. There have been many times I've had my daughter video me opening a package for evidence reasons.

Hope you get it sorted and quickly.

I wonder if their mailing procedure includes weighing the package to get the correct stamp on it?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I wonder if their mailing procedure includes weighing the package to get the correct stamp on it?
    That was my thought also.

I don't know what form the tamper proof packaging takes but I'll bet a bent postal worker can work around it.

Craftsman
    Maybe the watch that was inside this box was used for a window display by them?
    Just a thought.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    Maybe the watch that was inside this box was used for a window display by them?
    Just a thought.
    Nah - the paperwork they supply has boxes ticked to show the watch has been inspected, manual present etc.

That's really annoying!

I've had something similar. I bought a game for my PS4 from Game. They gave me a brand new and factory sealed game, no way to tell it had been tampered with. When I got home, broke the and peeled away the cellophane to find a blank non-discript CD-R.

I returned it to the shop. Eventually they believed me and swapped it over. Now I open them in front of the cashier. Or if mail ordered it is worth recording the unpacking.

I hope you get it sorted.

Happened to me last year with a Bulova Accutron II from Amazon. Box, papers, undamaged packaging, but no watch inside. I called Amazon and they were great. No questions asked and replacement sent the following day.

Master
    This just makes me think if it is worth opening the packages we receive while recording everything on video...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This just makes me think if it is worth opening the packages we receive while recording everything on video...

That reminds me of a guy that had himself taken the watch out of the package first, put in a rock, taped it up again and filmed himself opening it and acting all shocked to find the stone. This went viral on all the forums a few years back, anyone else remember this?

OP, fingers crossed you get sorted out quickly!
    Am always a little afraid of this scenario...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    That reminds me of a guy that had himself taken the watch out of the package first, put in a rock, taped it up again and filmed himself opening it and acting all shocked to find the stone. This went viral on all the forums a few years back, anyone else remember this?

Wow!!! There is no way out then, is there? Just your word against theirs and hoping to deal with someone understanding..

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    That was my thought also.

I don't know what form the tamper proof packaging takes but I'll bet a bent postal worker can work around it.
    If it's the kind i'm thinking of, a £5 tool from ebay does the job. It's been getting worse & worse as the equipment becomes cheaper & more available.

I remember something like, I thought it was car parts actually...maybe a different one.

If its a company and you paid by card I am sure it will be ok, if they are understanding and you have witnesses....I would say you're golden. If they are arses about it, then I dont envy your situation.

I know the sheet you mean, I bought a Tissot and all was ticked but the manual, so goes for nothing.

Blog Entries
    I've experienced exactly this through eBay with a watch from Canada...

It was delayed in transit and took nearly 30 days

Paid the import tax, picked it up and there was only the box...

I contacted the seller and had not reason to either trust or disbelieve him, but, had to open a police case and present it to eBay and got a refund

Felt sorry for the seller, but, his packing was woeful...

Not sure if you can open a police case and claim via your card?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Indeed. I do this now for many incoming items.

Yup, I remember. But, despite the possibility of being accused of this, the more evidence the better. A truthful account backed up by video and other evidence is better than a truthful account alone.