closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Monopusher-heritage done right

Longines Monopusher-heritage done right

Some regard Monopusher Chronograph as archaic. Which they are given they were mainly prevalent in the early days of Chronographs.But,even today they have an appeal.
    Longines has done several versions of Monopusher reissues but this is my favorite.
    A decent 41mm size, housing L88.2/ETA A08.L11 caliber with those wonderful blues hands- is a very handsome watch.
    Some may object to some numerals being cutoff by the chronograph registers but not an issue for me

Some quick pics

upload pic

Master
    Longines do seem to have a knack of doing heritage models consistently well, and that's no exception.

Nice but I prefer this one from last year - not been able to see one in the flesh or for sale on line yet.

Similar design but with no cut off numerals and I like the pulsograph scale.

Both of those pieces are gorgeous.

Craftsman
    Archaic is not so important I guess if we're talking about mechanical watches.
    I like the look, but prefer some of their other models,

L2.801.4.23.2 with pulsations

or
    L2.800.4.53.0 with the black dial

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Longines do seem to have a knack of doing heritage models consistently well, and that's no exception.
    Agreed. I always think that Longines were unfairly placed in the Swatch group pecking order.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    I've always though so too.
    I'm left a bit cold by their 'sports' watches but the dressy stuff is always top drawer.

That looks lovely!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Lovely - I don't suppose they do one with a telemeter scale do they..?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Nice but I prefer this one from last year - not been able to see one in the flesh or for sale on line yet.

Similar design but with no cut off numerals and I like the pulsograph scale.

Beautiful, but those lugs would be a deal breaker for me, especially with the lug holes being so far inset. One of my pet hates is not having exposed lugs outside of the strap and looking at that image would be near impossible to avoid even with a nice thick strap.

Agree though, Longines really do well with their dressier watches & heritage range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Beautiful, but those lugs would be a deal breaker for me, especially with the lug holes being so far inset. One of my pet hates is not having exposed lugs outside of the strap and looking at that image would be near impossible to avoid even with a nice thick strap.

Agree though, Longines really do well with their dressier watches & heritage range.
    I slightly agree about the lugs although it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

That photo doesn't help since the strap is actually the wrong size for the lugs, making it look far worse...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Lovely - I don't suppose they do one with a telemeter scale do they..?
    Not a Monopusher

The black dial without the pulsations gubbins is the one for me.

That is a quality movement for the price. They do some decent pieces at decent prices. I do feel they are built to that price but just look what you get with the Retrograde model for the price, it is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I've always though so too.
    I'm left a bit cold by their 'sports' watches but the dressy stuff is always top drawer.
    I completely echo these sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I slightly agree about the lugs although it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

That photo doesn't help since the strap is actually the wrong size for the lugs, making it look far worse...

Simon
    I'm guessing as the pic came from ABTW that it's the strap it comes with.
    Not sure how you would disguise the lugs other than with a custom strap made to specific measurements.

That's lovely... I'm guessing I'd be asking too much for it to be an enamel dial too, but it's still very lovely

Color : White lacquered polished