closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Omega... Bogeymaster

Master

New Omega... Bogeymaster

http://news.omegawatches.com/HM?b=Al...bF_xGKJMAA6JZg

"A golf game is a battle of wills, so it's a good thing you can rely on a strap with a military history. In sporty green and black, or orange and black, our NATO straps will keep your Aqua Terra firmly in place, even when the going gets rough."

I know it's easy to sneer at Omega's offerings sometimes, but really this is about as tenuous a link as I can imagine.

"It's a golfing Seamaster because Rory McElroy likes orange and so we've coloured a few bits in orange and got him to wear it and so that's why it's a golfing Seamaster.."

(not actual quote).

Craftsman
    Just saw the advert for this on the coverage.. very cringe.

The watches are quite funky and interesting though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I like them. Nice looking and a bit of fun. I can see they wouldn't be everyones cup of tea though.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    This Golf model has been around for a while . Can’t really see the issue really . IWC yacht clubs , Rolex Wimbledon limited edition , various watch makers aligning with Motor Companies. Even Heuer having Gulf Dials from back in the day.
    Why shouldn’t a watch company align itself with sports? It’s high end sports luxury which is the key segment for most Swiss Luxury watch brands , or am I missing something ?

Master
    I have the original al golf with the 8500 calibre on the bracelet and the green is just enough to really look good. Don’t mind these but not on nato.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Why shouldn’t a watch company align itself with sports? It’s high end sports luxury which is the key segment for most Swiss Luxury watch brands , or am I missing something ?
    Fair comment I suppose but this feels such a half-hearted effort. At least some of the tie-ins you mentioned had a reasoning behind them. This is just a Seamaster that's been re-coloured with no golfing functionality or heritage.

The one with orange accent looks pretty good. Couldn't care less what it is called.

Master
    Aqua Terras are lovely but not with a NATO, I’m afraid.