closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rubber nato straps from Watch Gecko (or elsewhere). Thoughts?

Rubber nato straps from Watch Gecko (or elsewhere). Thoughts?

I have seen Watch Gecko straps, in particular Bonetto Cinturini ones spoken about favorably on this site, but I've never seen anyone mention their rubber natos before.

I'm tempted to get one for my Seiko turtle (22mm) but don't want to throw £40 at a strap that might not be practical. Does rubber even work as a nato material, considering how it folds around itself?

So, does anyone have experience or rubber nato straps, and are there any other options other than Watch Gecko o should consider?

Master
    I've just recommended these on another thread. I've not tried the rubber, but the leather are excellent quality. http://www.yellowdogwatchstraps.com

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I've just recommended these on another thread. I've not tried the rubber, but the leather are excellent quality. http://www.yellowdogwatchstraps.com
    After the OP's questions, see link for: "I make each strap by hand and cut each strap the correct length for your wrist (email the size after you purchase)."

I have three of the BC straps. One 22mm for my Seiko divers and a couple of 20mm for the rest. They're very comfortable and definitely worth the money, but I've yet to use them during the summer. I think user S.L. On the forum here as several of them, so maybe he'd have some input.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    I have three of the BC straps. One 22mm for my Seiko divers and a couple of 20mm for the rest. They're very comfortable and definitely worth the money, but I've yet to use them during the summer. I think user S.L. On the forum here as several of them, so maybe he'd have some input.
    Is it the rubber nato ones you have, or just general rubber ones?

Master
    I have one bc rubber nato strap and really like it. Keep in mind that due to the thickness you can't fold that excess bit of strap backwards into the keeper a second time.

They're comfortable but you can't fold them in as you would a nylon NATO. The tab on mine is a bit long but I've not cut it yet as I don't want to mess it up. I've got small wrists though so maybe you wouldn't need to cut yours.

I've got one that I don't use from watch gecko. If you're happy to post it back when you're done, I'll post it to you so you can try it

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Just to be clear, it's not for sale! But I only use it for swimming, so it's sat doing nothing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by mariod View Post
    I have one bc rubber nato strap and really like it. Keep in mind that due to the thickness you can't fold that excess bit of strap backwards into the keeper a second time.

Thanks. This is exactly the sort of thing that I was wondering about. Having a flappy rubber tail may not be something I would want. I think I'll try out my other natos without folding them back through to see how I feel about that excess tail.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I've got one that I don't use from watch gecko. If you're happy to post it back when you're done, I'll post it to you so you can try it

That's a great offer. Thanks! However I know that Watch Gecko offer full refund if you don't like the item, so I'd probably just try it out that way because it means I could just keep the strap if I liked it.

I really appreciate the offer though. This community can be pretty cool sometimes!

Have too many to count and rate them as the best option out there with the possible alternative of Isofranes for thicker cases. My wrist is 8"-ish and that's as big as a wrist can be for these and still have the end piece go through both loops.

Some illustrations,

Am actually wearing one on my SDc today,

Xxx

I've also got one of these on my SD4000 and it's a lovely, comfortable strap. Word of warning though (and I'm sure everyone will just say 'well D'uh') thread the strap on then mount the springbars. I fed it through while the springbars were in place and now have a little 'rash' on the ribs. Not a big deal for me but if you like things to be 'just so' it's something to be aware of.

MBII on a blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    MBII on a blue one.

Love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought one so will report back when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    Is it the rubber nato ones you have, or just general rubber ones?
    It's the rubber NATO versions I was referring to.

Mine arrive yesterday, I'm quite impressed by the quality of the strap and it has that lovely vanilla smell to it as well.

Yep I love this one :-) very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have Instagram check out #rubbernato
    More than 300 pictures of (mostly) these Bonetto Cinturini rubber natos on various watches, of which I have posted what is probably a slightly unhealty amount...

Another vote here for both the rubbers from WG and the rubbers from Yellow Dog.

Alex made me several of a custom length to go round my wetsuit, as no one elses would fit easily. Very stretchy! The only minus for some (not me) is they smell VERY rubbery, theyre more a zulu than nato though, theyre easy to fold back like a normal nato/zulu. heres a couple of pics

one with it on the wetsuit

Last edited by ghosty; 17th February 2017 at 11:36.