closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Planet Ocean LE PyeongChang 2018

Master

Omega Planet Ocean LE PyeongChang 2018

What do you think ??

I quite like it ... but I'm a sucker for blue watches.

"With the next Winter Olympic Games one year away, it's time to reveal the Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M PyeongChang 2018 Limited Edition, in the colours of the Korean flag! omegawatches.com/PyeongChang2018"

Journeyman
    WOW is this a limited edition!

In all seriousness I actually really like that and would probably like it more if there was no Olympic association.

Did Omega listen? Is that a blue date wheel? Never?! If so, where are my royalties?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Im wondering does it even have to be a limited edition anymore...like why dont they just have an "Olympic" line and just list it there. So many bloody limited editions lol

Omega’s "Pyeongchang 2018" Collection includes two models. The 522.32.44.21.03.001 shown by the OP and the less colourful 522.10.42.21.03.001. Both watches are 'limited' to 2,018 pieces...
    Last edited by PickleB; 8th February 2017 at 18:07.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Omega’s "Pyeongchang 2018" Collection includes two models. The 522.32.44.21.03.001 shown by the OP and the less colourful 522.10.42.21.03.001. Both watches are 'limited' to 2,018 pieces...
    Impressive that they know what the year is... didn't the Rio 2016 model get released as 3016 pieces?

Nice watch though - I said just the other day (from inside a bunker, I might add) that I really liked a lot of the Olympic LE's. This one works really well!

I really like the colours, but it's a summer watch and not something I could wear every day.

Master
    Not bad, is the dial flat or sunburst?

Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Not bad, is the dial flat or sunburst?
    The description says that it "features a polished blue ceramic [ZrO2] dial"...so no sunburst, I'd guess.

Master
    The thing that worries me most about the Planet Ocean bezels is the rubber in the bezel. I've seen a couple of scans of BNIB examples where the rubber is starting to peel away from the bezel insert. Omega may well have some warranty issues further down the line if this wasn't just a one off example.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    The thing that worries me most about the Planet Ocean bezels is the rubber in the bezel. I've seen a couple of scans of BNIB examples where the rubber is starting to peel away from the bezel insert. Omega may well have some warranty issues further down the line if this wasn't just a one off example.
    I've read where the rubber (silicon) has been artificially aged to +10years with no ill effects - I'll let you know how I get on with my POC with orange bezel insert but it's fine BNIB and still is after a couple months ownership ( been in the pool a few times with no effects and sunbathing ).

OP. I rather like that colour combination - now they need to produce a GMT version which would complete it for me.

Martyn.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 8th February 2017 at 19:42.

Journeyman
    Good looking watch.

Like a Seiko PADI but at 10 times the price... For all that, a nice looking holiday watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Like a Seiko PADI but at 10 times the price... For all that, a nice looking holiday watch.
    Wow, Kenya is getting to you:-)
    Comparing this to PADI ??

I think the PADI has a better blue dial actually

I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Wow, Kenya is getting to you:-)
    Comparing this to PADI ??
    C'mon Raj, it is blue and red! :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Agreed "Which watch should I take on holiday?" "This one" ... and please stop asking ..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The description says that it "features a polished blue ceramic [ZrO2] dial"...so no sunburst, I'd guess.
    Cheers, and ceramic dial is pretty nice too, plus blue and red work for me.

Craftsman
    Never tought that I will like the new generation of PO - until this one showed up :-) However, I think I would have liked it best if I was still a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by doebag View Post
    Impressive that they know what the year is... didn't the Rio 2016 model get released as 3016 pieces?

Nice watch though - I said just the other day (from inside a bunker, I might add) that I really liked a lot of the Olympic LE's. This one works really well!
    Yes, summer Olympics models 3000+ Winter Olympics the correct number for the year - I guess it's just down to the popularity of the event.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I've read where the rubber (silicon) has been artificially aged to +10years with no ill effects - I'll let you know how I get on with my POC with orange bezel insert but it's fine BNIB and still is after a couple months ownership ( been in the pool a few times with no effects and sunbathing ).

OP. I rather like that colour combination - now they need to produce a GMT version which would complete it for me.

Martyn.
    Hi Martyn,apologies for late reply. Here is the scan I was referring to,it's the second pic on the listing. Have been looking at the LM version recently but I have to admit that it has me slightly concerned.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=494232

Well for what it's worth I really like that. It's like they learned something new each year with the Olympic Ltd Edition and finally produced something that is genuinely different but still very wearable. Omega's answer to a Pepsi diver?

I've contacted Omega through the website to ask about pricing and availability as I think it will be a great summer / weekend watch.

Although having already reserved a Speedy Tuesday Special that might be one Omega too far.

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    I quite like the watch as a casual / holiday watch sort of thing but as already stated the PADI kind of does that at a fraction of the cost.

The strap on the Omega cheapens it for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Well for what it's worth I really like that. It's like they learned something new each year with the Olympic Ltd Edition and finally produced something that is genuinely different but still very wearable. Omega's answer to a Pepsi diver?

I've contacted Omega through the website to ask about pricing and availability as I think it will be a great summer / weekend watch.

Although having already reserved a Speedy Tuesday Special that might be one Omega too far.
    The Sochi Planet Ocean is a little nicer looking to me.

As I already have the standard black dial version of the new PO my blue watch fix is brought to me by Seiko and at 90% less dosh as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I quite like the watch as a casual / holiday watch sort of thing but as already stated the PADI kind of does that at a fraction of the cost.

The strap on the Omega cheapens it for me.
    On the website it looks like you get a bracelet in the box too if that helps? :)

I really like the Korean LE, colours work well and i just love a blue dial, probably too pricey for me??

I popped into the Omega Boutique on Regent Street and they still didn't know when it was due in.

Interesting they already had the Aqua Terra version in already but didn't have a clue on the PO version.

Generally they were a bit useless in there and despite clearly being a big watch fan interested in c£5k watch they could barely give me the time of day. Excuse the pun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Actually taken quite a liking to this watch, cheers for the post OP.

Much better effort than the Sochi derivatives. Summer watch yes, but not something I'd want to dump 4K into!

Master
    Not much more information from Hodinkee who share a few more details ...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/om...cs-introducing

Craftsman

Omega Planet Ocean LE PyeongChang 2018

My observation of these watches is to wait until a year before the next Olympics as you will get a good deal. The AD in Merry Hill still has a new Rio SM in the windows at about a grand off list. I would consider giving them a low ball offer if it wasn't so "colourful"!

They're all just a bit too...cheesy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I find that PO strangely attractive...but as a weekend watch it might be too much £££. Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It's not a bad looking watch, though I wouldn't choose it over the standard black model. It would have to be an addition.

Craftsman
    I think it is a really good looking watch. However the back is horrendous, between the Olympic logo/text and the text on the rotor, it is an absolute mess.

Is it me, or Omega is issuing way too many "limited" editions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Re: Is it me, or Omega is issuing way too many "limited" editions?

Really? You are the first to bring this up:-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Re: Is it me, or Omega is issuing way too many "limited" editions?

Really? You are the first to bring this up:-)
    Hahahaha, obviously I am not the first one ;-)

More seriously, who is the master of "limited" editions: Panerai, Omega, or Hublot? I think it's Panerai.

Why is the 43mm Planet Ocean 2mm thicker than the 39mm version?

At least there is hope of slimmer divers from Omega again in the future, with the smaller 39mm PO only just over 14mm thick now.

Looks great imho!