closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing Rolex at Schipol airport

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not Rolex but my mate once put a deposit down for a limited edition Omega in Schipol online. I picked it up and paid the balance

Master
    They had a big delivery on Thursday. Hulk, SD, BLNR and Date Subs

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Pretty sure you can’t reserve any watches - that would be a pretty ridiculous situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    There have been explorers both 1 and 2 the last couple of times I’ve been through, most recently last week. Not Polar, though, but I have seen them pretty often.

Since I had time to kill, I asked about the steel sports watches at both the boutique and the Rolex store, both owned by Gassan. Both said whoever they do get steel watches in they hardly even make it to the window before they’re sold, so reserving wasn’t possible. But if you call they’ll at least tell you what they have in, worth asking if they would put one by if they have one, but I doubt it - it’s a no win situation for them, if your plans change and you don’t turn up and they’ve missed a subsequent sale. Maybe different if yo7 pay for it, again worth asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    They would need a boarding pass I imagine, so I doubt they'd take a phone payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    good point, well made!

Thanks Gents.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They had a big delivery on Thursday. Hulk, SD, BLNR and Date Subs
    I always just miss it! And I was due to be back today but ended up not going.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Can the Rolex boutique be accessed on arrivals ? (Normally Duty free can only be accessed on departures)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Can the Rolex boutique be accessed on arrivals ?
    Yes, both arrivals and departures. I reserved a watch when I arrived and bought it on my way back.

Master
    Unless my mind is playing tricks I’m pretty sure I’ve read on one of the forums that from next month they’ll be no discount on Rolex at schipol i.e. the equivalent to vat discount, so it will all be European rrp I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Yes, both arrivals and departures. I reserved a watch when I arrived and bought it on my way back.
    Thanks

Craftsman
    Bumping an old thread as i’m flying to Birmingham via Schipol this weekend and then back there again on Sunday.

I haven’t gone through all the posts today but i’m sure I read that you ask the AD’s to check the stock of the other shop in the airport and they can transfer watches? I think i’d Flying via departure 2.
    Can I walk between the shops too?

Can see from the post above that I can see the store on departure and arrivals so i’ll be giving that a try. Also will be at the airport for about 1.5 hours before my flight, let’s hope they get a shipment in while I’m there!
    Last edited by EmilA; 3rd December 2018 at 22:23.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Bumping an old thread as i’m flying to Birmingham via Schipol this weekend and then back there again on Sunday.

I haven’t gone through all the posts today but i’m sure I read that you ask the AD’s to check the stock of the other shop in the airport and they can transfer watches? I think i’d Flying via departure 2.
    Can I walk between the shops too?

Can see from the post above that I can see the store on departure and arrivals so i’ll be giving that a try. Also will be at the airport for about 1.5 hours before my flight, let’s hope they get a shipment in while I’m there!
    Yes, they can and do. There is a secure system where items whizz between stores a bit like money used to go around co-op stores of old.

Craftsman
    Thank you for the information :)

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Yes, they can and do. There is a secure system where items whizz between stores a bit like money used to go around co-op stores of old.
    Lamson tube.

HTH

Master
    Anyone else spotted the post on Facebook by someone claiming to have picked up a SS black Daytona in Gassan yesterday? That’s one nice Christmas present!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Anyone else spotted the post on Facebook by someone claiming to have picked up a SS black Daytona in Gassan yesterday? That’s one nice Christmas present!
    Incredible luck.

Craftsman
    I’m sat right outside the Boutique as I type this. Nothing “hard to get” available. A BLNR was in the delivery this morning and sold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    I was hoping my lucky stars would line up and I’d be able to pick up a Daytona here

Master
    Blog Entries
    You probably need to do a Tom Hanks and camp out in the Terminal for a month or two :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    You probably need to do a Tom Hanks and camp out in the Terminal for a month or two :)
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    lol :)

Master
    Unbelievable that a Daytona was had there! I was there a few months ago and not a single interesting piece!

Master
    I’ve managed to get two Daytona’s there. Guess I am just doubly lucky.

Craftsman
    I’ve managed to get two Daytona’s there. Guess I am just doubly lucky.
    Feel free to share which gate you lived/built while you waited for the watches ;), lol

On a serious note, manage to get one of each colour if it was a new Ceramic one?

Master
    Actually it’s 3. I managed to get a white and black 116520 in the same sitting.

I got a 116500LN subsequently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Unbelievable that a Daytona was had there! I was there a few months ago and not a single interesting piece!
    Unbelievable being the important word there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Unbelievable being the important word there.
    They do get amazing stock there. But it’s gone in an hour.

Master
    This was my two Daytona day ^^^^^^

Master
    From memory it was €1.38 to £1 if you want to kill yourselves with the prices.

Master
    Should have bought the whole case

How far back in the past are we talking here?

This was my two Daytona day ^^^^^^

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_li30 View Post
    +1

When I was there in September I had a good chat with the sales manager in store as had a lot of time on my hands.
    He talked about how rare it is for him to get these highly demanded pieces in. I think perhaps in the past it was different (clearly from pic above, it was!). Nowadays it seems to be more of a myth.

He told me the steel sports models he probably gets 1-2 a month. And yes, they are gone within minutes if not seconds. Whilst I was there, at least 3-4 ppl came in to ask, 'do you have any steel sports models'. He also showed me his screen where he was all day replying to emails to ppl asking the same thing! They really must get sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    They really must get sick of it.
    Er, yes. You're probably right.

Craftsman
    The lady there said she gets asked atleast 50 times a day if there are any Daytona’s available. She listed all the one’s that people ask for and it’s the SS watches that everyone wants. The Daytona, Pepsi, Hulk etc

Craftsman
    I remember five years ago the assistant tried to convince me to buy the LVc she had

I reckon we are now in the situation where people will snap up whichever watch of the ‘desirables’ - happens to be there, and either accept that it might not be ideal, but it’s a SS Rolex Sports - or:

Bought to sell, and either pocket the profit - or use that to buy the one they actually want.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_li30 View Post

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    They sent me the below today when I asked about stock being transferred -

Dear Mr Booth,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible to transfer stock within all our Gassan Schiphol stores, but keep in mind, that if you are traveling through the Airport in Lounge 4, this is not possible. In Departure hall/Lounge 4 we do not have a store and therefor it is not possible to transfer stock.
    Gents - planning a visit there soon for the girlfriend's birthday purchase, but struggling to know which London flights would land/ depart from the right terminal.

Anyone point me in the right direction to find out?

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    You should be ok with KLM and/or BA. Easyjet & Co. do not come through the main departure halls.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEX View Post
    You should be ok with KLM and/or BA. Easyjet & Co. do not come through the main departure halls.
    Thanks

Master
    I’m flying through there next week, so I expect there to be a delivery the day after!

Craftsman
    make sure you're coming through today, so the delivery will be tomorrow----- right in time for my next trip though schiphol :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    Gents - planning a visit there soon for the girlfriend's birthday purchase, but struggling to know which London flights would land/ depart from the right terminal.

Anyone point me in the right direction to find out?

One can access duty free on arrivals too (where the boutiques are unlike in the UK), I think its about a 20 min walk from where Easyjet arrivals are.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    One can access duty free on arrivals too (where the boutiques are unlike in the UK), I think its about a 20 min walk from where Easyjet arrivals are.
    Yes that's correct. On arrival, before you head downstairs to Passport control and baggage reclaim, turn right and you'll find all of the shops and restaurants. I do this every time I'm there. Have a wander around the shops and allow the queues at passport and baggage to disappear.

Craftsman
    My wife and son have been flying through here a few times recently as it’s cheaper to drive to this airport and fly to the U.K. than the airport in Brussels.
    Nothing of any interest over the last 5 trips she has done through the airport

Been there twice in last 2 weeks
    Nothing very interesting to see or I’d have done a psa (Schiphol, that is...)

Craftsman
    Been there today..... A few 36 mm DJs in steel gold, a white dialled 39 mm OP and that’s about it

Been there today..... A few 36 mm DJs in steel gold, a white dialled 39 mm OP and that’s about it
    The white 39mm OP has been hard to get hold of.

Craftsman
    Oops.... that model is not on my radar. There were actually two, one in the boutique and one in the normal Gassan shop

Oops.... that model is not on my radar. There were actually two, one in the boutique and one in the normal Gassan shop
    Now you tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Now you tell me!
    Isn't this the problem, people buying watches just because they're scarce?

Im going to visit Rolex stores at Schipol on Saturday around noon on my way to NYC, so curious to see, whether there are any sports Rolexes there.

Should I get lucky, I cant bring the watch with me to US. Can one have them ship it to one's home address within EU or do I need to send a courier to pick it up for me? I wont be returning via Schipol, so cant pick it up on my way back either..

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Im going to visit Rolex stores at Schipol on Saturday around noon on my way to NYC, so curious to see, whether there are any sports Rolexes there.

Should I get lucky, I cant bring the watch with me to US. Can one have them ship it to one's home address within EU or do I need to send a courier to pick it up for me? I wont be returning via Schipol, so cant pick it up on my way back either..
    I would imagine that the chances of them posting something for you are even slimmer than finding something there to buy in the first place