closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Land registry title plan symbols

Craftsman

Land registry title plan symbols

Hi there,
    I'm trying to ascertain the status of the various boundaries on our property, and downloaded the title plan from the Land Registry. It doesn't appear to show boundary ownership information (usually indicated by a "T" symbol I gather), but there's a lollipop symbol that appears at the end of our garden, skips some of our neighbours properties and reappears again. In this case, Google hasn't come up with an easy to find answer. Anyone got any ideas?

Craftsman
    Thanks for this - I'll be taking a good look at "Garden Law Discussion" - looks like an interesting forum.

Im sure you knew already, but the LR filed plans do not necessarily define your boundary - the original conveyance or transfer did that, but you need to obtain a copy of that from HMLR (if they hold it).

This is handy http://blog.landregistry.gov.uk/title-deeds/

The marks wouldn't happen to indicate the presence of a tree, would they?

Alternatively, it could be:

The "lollipop" is (or, to be accurate, was) used to mark out a zone where none of the parcels of land are allocated an OS number. They have no other significance.They are typically found where open land meets a built-up area, but also where the enclosures are too small for the area of each to be shown.
    http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/vi...llipop#p181805
    Last edited by hogthrob; 3rd February 2017 at 17:07.

Craftsman
    It's where built up area meets open land. May not be applicable in reality as generally Land Registry will not update the plan from the date it was first registered.