closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Omega appreciation thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    Not sure if the helps, here are a few photo's of my 60th anniversary Speedmaster, with other watches for size comparison. I would say it wears like a true 40mm.

Jon Kenney, they have gone up a fair bit from the original RRP and in NOS condition, I think you are onto a winner!

Were you not tempted to complete the trilogy?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Were you not tempted to complete the trilogy?

Until recently I was happy with the two but I have been looking at getting a 38/39mmm Explorer type option and didn't really think of the Railmaster. Just had a quick look and it does seem like a very good option........ looks like I will have to start saving!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    Until recently I was happy with the two but I have been looking at getting a 38/39mmm Explorer type option and didn't really think of the Railmaster. Just had a quick look and it does seem like a very good option........ looks like I will have to start saving!
    Lol. Sorry, for the temptation.

I asked because I have the same 2 and have toyed with completing it for a good while.

Master

Went to the safety deposit box today so took a picture of these two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Have now truly got the omega bug again, added a Seamaster Master Heritage in Titanium recently, have owned the SS version a few times, bought, sold, bought again but something just didn’t ‘float my boat’ absolutely love the hue of the blue titanium- Love both watches, GMT is certainly a big old watch but wears extremely well, where as the Master you would hardly know it’s on your wrist.

Now what to add next, that’s the question :-)

[IMG] [/IMG]

I am only small fry in the watch world, but i am particularly keen on the Moega brand, we are as a family. My Father bought a Seamaster when he was made Captain in 1958 and we have been an Omega family ever since.

My mother's Constellation chronometer.

https://imgur.com/M3sYrmr

Then there is my Seamaster 1120 calibre, a long standing friend and work tool (navigation).

Which has been joined by a new colleague, the Planet Ocean 8500 calibre.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I am only small fry in the watch world, but i am particularly keen on the Moega brand, we are as a family. My Father bought a Seamaster when he was made Captain in 1958 and we have been an Omega family ever since.

Then there is my Seamaster 1120 calibre, a long standing friend and work tool (navigation).

Very nice Omega gathering, but particularly (for me at least!) the one above. That's such a nice watch - sword hands, big triangle, classic shape. Always feel Omega really got it spot on with that model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post

Very nice watch, but photo equally good! Really nice shot!

This is the picture that lured me into buying the non AC

Never able to get close to capturing the beauty of it

Master
    Never really used to like two tone watches, tried a Tudor S&G GMT when they came out and surprised myself, actually liked it, only sold it as it felt a little bit blingy for my tastes, also didn’t like the riveted bracelet and lack of ‘easy adjust’ Have owned loads of Omega’s over the years including most of the Heritage models and loved them, bought this recently and absolutely love it, my pictures really doesn’t do it justice.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post

Wow!

What a watch.

First one I’ve seen on here?

Craftsman
    I think so. I expressed an interest in the Glasgow boutique and they weren’t taking names…went to Royal Exchange at start of January and they were great, had it allocated pre-price increase but had to get it couriered by them - took it into Glasgow to get the bracelet sized and it was the first one they had seen in the flesh!

It’s an awesome watch, I pondered the green Daytona for months, but so glad I went for the speedy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post

This is what is called “endgame watch”.
    Fantastic.

Journeyman
    Here's my three - F300hz Constellation (70s), Seamaster Cosmic (60s) and a Speedy Reduced (90s).

All three have been in hibernation since March 2020 but it's time to get them out and on the wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Here's my three - F300hz Constellation (70s), Seamaster Cosmic (60s) and a Speedy Reduced (90s).

All three have been in hibernation since March 2020 but it's time to get them out and on the wrist.
    Nice trio, and that's a very classy looking Seamaster

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Nice trio, and that's a very classy looking Seamaster
    Thank you.

The Seamaster is a manual wind Cosmic from 1966 or thereabouts and was my first proper watch back in May 2004. I went vintage as I couldn't afford a modern Seamaster at the time.

I still love my steel Ploprof- for me the most individual looking and interesting Omega

Grand Master
    Just recieved this today.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My PO Chrono. For sale at the minute as I fancy an Aqua Terra GMT Chrono though. Anyone on here have 1?

Craftsman
    I haven't worn this trilogy speedmaster on over a year, forgot just how perfect the size is.

Enjoying my Tokyo 2020 Speedy on a Fratello x REM strap at the moment

Master
    Mark Knopfler's Speedmaster:

Last few seconds of the video:

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Just recieved this today.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Fab. I’ve got the latest generation X-33, but I really like the look of yours. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Had this Omega for a few months now and it’s such a special watch.

There are only 194 in existence so a very rare watch indeed.

Its correct name is the Omega Seamaster Olympia Ref NO: 2842.21

Omega has often been associated with the timing for the Olympics but in the Winter Olympics of 1994 in Lillehammer, Omega was not given this contract, but it was given to Seiko.

Not to be outdone, Omega became an official equipment provider for the Swiss Olympic Team and provided watches specifically designed for the games. In fact to showcase the brand, different versions were produced, one an Automatic Chronometer version in both mid size and full size in stainless steel ( Caliber number: 1109) and my one, the Quartz version in both sizes and stainless steel too ( Calibre number 1438), mine being the full size. ...There was also a solid gold version of the automatic chronometer caliber.

Production numbers for the solid gold version was a total of 49 whilst the Chronometer versions were limited to 194 each. Now when we consider the normal sort of production runs of Limited Editions by Omega, we can see at only 194 of each standard version, this Olympia is truly “Rare”.

As to this quartz version itself, this is the same six jewelled 1438 version that is seen in the pre-'Bond' Seamasters but placed in the full sized case of the 'Bond' automatic Seamaster

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Had this Omega for a few months now and it’s such a special watch.

There are only 194 in existence so a very rare watch indeed.

Its correct name is the Omega Seamaster Olympia Ref NO: 2842.21

Omega has often been associated with the timing for the Olympics but in the Winter Olympics of 1994 in Lillehammer, Omega was not given this contract, but it was given to Seiko.

Not to be outdone, Omega became an official equipment provider for the Swiss Olympic Team and provided watches specifically designed for the games. In fact to showcase the brand, different versions were produced, one an Automatic Chronometer version in both mid size and full size in stainless steel ( Caliber number: 1109) and my one, the Quartz version in both sizes and stainless steel too ( Calibre number 1438), mine being the full size. ...There was also a solid gold version of the automatic chronometer caliber.

Production numbers for the solid gold version was a total of 49 whilst the Chronometer versions were limited to 194 each. Now when we consider the normal sort of production runs of Limited Editions by Omega, we can see at only 194 of each standard version, this Olympia is truly “Rare”.

As to this quartz version itself, this is the same six jewelled 1438 version that is seen in the pre-'Bond' Seamasters but placed in the full sized case of the 'Bond' automatic Seamaster

I've seen this watch posted on the forum before, it is a stunner. Apart from the rarity, the pure white of the dial, nice red logo all contrasted by the aged lume and steel bezel make this very special. As you say, a limited edition of 194 is far lower than would be expected, 1994 pieces would have been reasonable in 94 and of course Omega would produce 19,994 pieces now!

Managed to find this unworn from the moon to mars Omega Speedmaster Professional a few months back. I decided to put the omega Snoopy strap and deployment as I didn’t want to mark the bracelet.

Absolutely delighted with it.