closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

I've got one and i love it, although it hardly ever gets worn

I was considering buying the 1300 one when i first saw it on eBay, but thankfully i came to my senses. Enough is enough already

Very purposeful, very capable little watch. The oil filling is a nice feature. What i like most about it is that it isn't a ridiculous size. I have mine on a hirsch performance strap which i think suits it really really well
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Errr, I am not so sure the issued EZM2s had black bezels.
    My recollection of the large batch sold through a German department store (after de-commissioning from GSG9 duty and being serviced by Sinn) was that they were all silver bezel ones. Every one of them.
    The £1300 one on Ebay is a simple Hydro, silver bezel.
    The £2500 is a GSG9 LE, but not "military" per se, just a limited edition.
    And you could get Sinn to swap them for you at service.
    So GSG9 dialled ones can have both bezels. So can Hydro-dialled ones.
    But issued ones were all steel dialled
    My EZM2 (see earlier in the thread - civilian, and with a black bezel) popped up on Chrono24 with bracelet and rubber, B & P, with about 4 years to end of battery, and under £1000, from a private seller in Holland. I only got it in April, I think. So they do crop up, but you have to be ready.
    Dave

EDIT - on the Deskdivers site, there is a photo showng the group of 40 GSG9 issued ones, in service cases, ready for sale at Manufactum. All steel. Interestingly, if the GSG9 keep their UX's as long as they did their EZM2s, they will be up for sale soon...............
    Last edited by sweets; 22nd November 2017 at 02:42.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Errr, I am not so sure the issued EZM2s had black bezels.
    My recollection of the large batch sold through a German department store (after de-commissioning from GSG9 duty and being serviced by Sinn) was that they were all silver bezel ones. Every one of them.
    The £1300 one on Ebay is a simple Hydro, silver bezel.
    The £2500 is a GSG9 LE, but not "military" per se, just a limited edition.
    And you could get Sinn to swap them for you at service.
    So GSG9 dialled ones can have both bezels. So can Hydro-dialled ones.
    But issued ones were all steel dialled
    My EZM2 (see earlier in the thread - civilian, and with a black bezel) popped up on Chrono24 with bracelet and rubber, B & P, with about 4 years to end of battery, and under £1000, from a private seller in Holland. I only got it in April, I think. So they do crop up, but you have to be ready.
    Dave

EDIT - on the Deskdivers site, there is a photo showng the group of 40 GSG9 issued ones, in service cases, ready for sale at Manufactum. All steel. Interestingly, if the GSG9 keep their UX's as long as they did their EZM2s, they will be up for sale soon...............
    Good point on the deskdivers photo - just almost every other GSG9 EZM 2 I've seen photos of online have had the black bezel on them. I wonder why? Perhaps it just suited the tacticool look more, so people had them fitted as they seemed to be more appropriate, if not more historically accurate?

I've shot Sinn an email to ask about whether the bezels can still be swapped at service. Given how long ago these were made it wouldn't surprise me if the bezels are no more...

How is the lume on their older models? Is it a rapid fade job, or did these always have their dials replaced at service meaning the luminescent compound is rather younger than the watch itself?

Master
    Frankly i can't believe the silver bezel one is still on there. He's had it on their for ages, its in great condition and i think pretty good value at 1300 considering it includes a bracelet etc (also iirc recent service). He has added a best offer recently as well.

Personally i far prefer the black bezel and i suspect this is why it hasn't sold yet[/QUOTE]

I made an offer to the vendor not far short of the asking price. But he refused and has also blocked any messages from me as I have no feedback on eBay. (I’ve only ever bought two items there after signing up earlier this year). That’s annoying as I really wanted that watch.

Master

Was just watching a new vid on YT thinking how great these Sinn's look (rather Han just online renderings or official pics)

Might be worth a look if anyone is interested just as the video is such nice quality.

https://youtu.be/nuQcZo86-Wc

The EZM 2 Hydro has arrived, and it's a lovely thing. The readibility is ridiculous! So clear at any angle, and I really like how the oil totally reduces the depth of the dial when at an angle, giving an almost LCD look to the watch face.

The silver bezel which I had intended on replacing (Sinn said they can send me an EZM 3 bezel as they are compatible) actually think looks far less soft/mushy/imprecise than the photos online would suggest. It's crisp and a nice change from my Sub's black one.

The seconds hand 'bounce' is interesting, as it changes how the seconds' hand meets with the markers depending on the angle the watch is being held at. Sometimes the seconds hand hits the markers bang on, other times it's slightly off. Re-angle the watch, and it's bang on again. This would of course be totally unacceptable in a non-oil watch, and would drive me nuts. But it makes sense with it fighting through the oil.

The 41mm case looks and feels smaller than my 16610 40mm on wrist, possibly due to how much slimmer the case is and how the black dial sits in contrast with the silver bezel.

Currently, I'm one very happy Sinn buyer. Thank you to all the input the kind members here have given.

Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I really like the centre minutes and seconds chrono on that one. Much cleaner than subdials.

Craftsman
    Sinn 156

Master

Sent from my SM-J330FN using TZ-UK mobile app

UX GSG SDR

Craftsman
    I went up to Chronomaster on Thursday and met Neil for the first time. I wanted to look at a Sinn 103 and the U212. Neil didn’t have the 103 that was shown on his website but he told me via email that he had “a similar version”... one I saw it, I had to have it

The 103 is listed on the warrantee card as a St Sa but I can't find photos or info on this version with Red hands?

In the past I have said that I don't like Arabic numerals, even less so when some of the 1-12 are missing..... but I've found myself really liking this particular watch. Oh and at 41mm x 17mm it doesn't feel too small and light either.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by PDR; 20th January 2018 at 12:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post

The 103 is listed on the warrantee card as a St Sa but I can't find photos or info on this version with Red hands?
    I presume it was pre-owned then? Did Neil not have any info about those hands? The normal chrono hands on a 103 look very different - those look like the hands of a 144 to me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I presume it was pre-owned then? Did Neil not have any info about those hands? The normal chrono hands on a 103 look very different - those look like the hands of a 144 to me.
    No, he told me that it was New. I didn't know how long he had it in stock though... I guess I should send him an e-mail and inquire.

Updated photo from last week's Friday thread since acquiring a 103 Ti bracelet (the SELs fit the LE perfectly, so much nicer than the folded end links of the standard one) and it is just back from Frankfurt. After a long time plucking up the courage to get it properly serviced, it is lovely to have it back on the wrist. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Updated photo from last week's Friday thread since acquiring a 103 Ti bracelet (the SELs fit the LE perfectly, so much nicer than the folded end links of the standard one) and it is just back from Frankfurt. After a long time plucking up the courage to get it properly serviced, it is lovely to have it back on the wrist. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
    Funnily enough my EZM1 (non-LE) was originally sold with a Ti 103 Massivarmband (with SELs) to an owner in Oz as a special order. Endlinks are stamped 103. So much nicer than rattly folding ones.

Craftsman
    Having a play about with straps on my new ezm3. Not sure if I like the distressed leather or not?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR;4638091[IMG
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180120/73f1c3c0baeb87cc434c5a0bf5ee5aae.jpg[/IMG]
    Just an update.... I had an email back from Neil and he tells me that this was a special edition that he had commissioned by the Sinn factory.

I'm even more pleased with it now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    Just an update.... I had an email back from Neil and he tells me that this was a special edition that he had commissioned by the Sinn factory.

I'm even more pleased with it now.
    Nice.

Craftsman
    I like a bit of rubber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

My blue beauty has arrived!!

Master

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Put it straight onto the bracelet from my other 103 which makes it so comfortable for me anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Looks great on the bracelet, Chris.

Master

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Looks great on the bracelet, Chris.

Cheers mate!!
    It looks so nice in person!!!!!!!!!!
    I don’t want to say it’s a keeper and it’s the one but dear god it’s right up my ally!!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WVE60 View Post
    Sinn 156

Really nice Sinn !

Master
    Arrived today from Qatar-wol, my very first Sinn. Wanted one for a while and always hankered after a UX. Bloody love it!

Bracelet wanted next as the leather strap is unworn & far too big for me!

Master

Stunner!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVE60 View Post
    Sinn 156

Had the Sinn and the Heuer variant of this!!!
    Both stunning!!

Chris

:)

Master

This is stunning.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master

Oh yeh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    This is stunning.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!
    I was so annoyed when I missed the pre order with Jura that I was determined to track one down at some point and given that it’s not loads of money tied up I hope to keep this long term!!
    I have like others said this before and sometimes needs must but I can’t tell you another watch at most price points I would rather have!!
    Given the limited 500 watch run and the colour it’s just beautiful!!
    I’m not sure whether the German day wheel will grow on me but I am a huge Sinn 103 fan of any variant so I can easily live with it and after all it’s part of what makes it Sinn!!!!

Chris

Master
    These are my two!
    Chris, I didn’t know that Heuer made one.
    Sinn, kobold bell and Ross did, Hamilton produced something very similar but haven’t seen a Heuer branded one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    These are my two!
    Chris, I didn’t know that Heuer made one.
    Sinn, kobold bell and Ross did, Hamilton produced something very similar but haven’t seen a Heuer branded one.

Heuer Bund?

Put it straight onto the bracelet from my other 103 which makes it so comfortable for me anyway!!

very nice Chris!
    looks great on the bracelet

Only a year late!
    My only remaining piece (Sinn):

Last edited by Stanford; 28th January 2018 at 21:17.

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon and it's on its way back to Sinn. This is one that may deserve a write up in the Damasko/Sinn servicing thread...

Master
    Heuer Bund?
    Duh!
    Haha.
    I thought that there might be a Heuer with the lemania 5100 movement around!
    But yes the bund looks lovely and so does Sinn 155!

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon and it's on its way back to Sinn. This is one that may deserve a write up in the Damasko/Sinn servicing thread...
    Oh dear. Didn't these start out with some issues when they were first released?

Master

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Duh!
    Haha.
    I thought that there might be a Heuer with the lemania 5100 movement around!
    But yes the bund looks lovely and so does Sinn 155!

Absolutely!! Heuer Bund is a stunner and I’ve had two but the manual wind just isn’t for me!!
    Although if I had enough money just to display them then I’d have each dial variation of the Heuer Bund, Sinn and Bell & Ross as this style is my favourite watch!

Chris

Craftsman
    My Sinn 956. Love the power reserve addition, although I could have taken a better photo with the power reserve indicator hidden - doh! Watch is also currently featuring on the Sales Forum!

Master
    Read a post either here or another forum describing wearing the UX on a NATO being like wearing a brick on a piece of string.

Didn’t understand it until today. Used an ‘old style Eddie’ on it and it was flopping about all over the place despite at tight as was reasonable. Not something I have felt with the thicker new ones.

Also got a price from P&C for 2 new spring bars, £20 incl postage!! Have asked if they are made of titanium / sub steel, but no reply.

Off to find out the end diameter of the UX spring bars as surely that’s madness?!

Spectacular watch! No. 1 on my list, love the subdials and blue color.

Sinn UX SGS9, SDR

Pure tool watch!

Master

Creamy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Spectacular watch! No. 1 on my list, love the subdials and blue color.

It’s even better than I thought it would be ?!?!?!
    The sundials are actually creamy and the plots look green in some lights and even yellowish in others!!
    The blue leather strap lightens the whole blue affect and the NATO makes it look even lighter?!??
    I’m wearing it on the bracelet at the moment which is really nice, doesn’t feel as high as I thought it would given the clear back on the case !!

Chris

Master
    My first Sinn and the realisation of a long-term grail:

I've not quite captured it here, but in some pics shot straight on I found the watch looks very flat and two dimensional, but figured it was just a trick of the light/the flat bezel, but at certain times already I've noticed this with the physical watch too. Still, from even a slight angle there's a lot of dimensions to it and the double-AR really does make the crystal disappear if you catch it the right way.

It's my first time trying out an integrated strap (other than a bracelet) too and it looks as good in reality as pics. Personally I find having whatever type of strap integrated to the case make it all look a bit cleaner and sleeker and Sinn have pulled it off beautifully with the U1.

Has anybody tried one of the BC/Watchgecko rubber natos on a U1 and found it's not sturdy enough to hold the watch head weight?

Master
    Wearing my 556a today. I added the bracelet this week and it is quite comfy and well made.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zabac View Post
    Sinn UX SGS9, SDR

Pure tool watch!

I’ve emailed Sinn about getting an SDR bezel as it changes the look of the U so much. No idea what the price will be....££££, albeit cheaper than buying a new watch!

Sinn U2. Exceptional Dive watch.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

It’s a Sinn in all but name.

My new travel companion.

“Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    My first Sinn and the realisation of a long-term grail:

I've not quite captured it here, but in some pics shot straight on I found the watch looks very flat and two dimensional, but figured it was just a trick of the light/the flat bezel, but at certain times already I've noticed this with the physical watch too. Still, from even a slight angle there's a lot of dimensions to it and the double-AR really does make the crystal disappear if you catch it the right way.

It's my first time trying out an integrated strap (other than a bracelet) too and it looks as good in reality as pics. Personally I find having whatever type of strap integrated to the case make it all look a bit cleaner and sleeker and Sinn have pulled it off beautifully with the U1.

Has anybody tried one of the BC/Watchgecko rubber natos on a U1 and found it's not sturdy enough to hold the watch head weight?
    I wore my U1 on a variety of straps but found it wore a little to high for my liking on a rubber nato. I used to cut the smaller part of the strap off to lower it a little.
    I had the SDR version and loved it but had to let it go as it was a bit excessive as my work watch. If my watch budget had allowed I would loved to have kept it for more casual use.

The only pic I can find on my phone! Please forgive the sausage. In the foreground....