closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1491

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Excited and a bit confused to be able to report that I got an email yesterday telling me that my new (black Limited Edition) EZM1.1S was now ready for collection, almost a year after ordering it and 6 months later than originally expected, thanks to the long delivery delays for them to receive the watch from Sinn

Confused, because I started looking around for a the earlier tegimented steel EZM1.1 and the day before I got the email had just agreed a price on a virtually new model, conveniently close to me.

So, which one do I go for? A friend has both, plus an original Ti LE model, and really likes the black version more than the steel. The ship has sailed on the reasonably priced Ti models, and in any case I really look forward to a new watch with waterproof pushers, so for me it's either the steel or the black version. Black, or steel, or buy both and sell the one I don't want (or wait for the wife to file divorce papers)? I've already got a Fortis B-42 Ti Lemania 5100 chrono, and an unworn Revue Thommen Airspeed Titanium Quartz Chronograph in its box, so there's something to be said for a different look, but I do think I prefer the look of the steel. A real quandary....

Any suggestions? Stock photos below since I haven't yet seen either in the metal:

Form the 1.1s I love the black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    That's very cool. Is a Japan special?

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    Thanks 😁
    It's a special edition of 200 split between US and Japan at 100 a piece.
    I picked it up from a US seller.
    I'm a big fan of the JDM & US special editions also have a white dial U2.

More on the destro here
    https://wornandwound.com/southpaws-r...on-of-the-103/

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Excited and a bit confused to be able to report that I got an email yesterday telling me that my new (black Limited Edition) EZM1.1S was now ready for collection, almost a year after ordering it and 6 months later than originally expected, thanks to the long delivery delays for them to receive the watch from Sinn

Confused, because I started looking around for a the earlier tegimented steel EZM1.1 and the day before I got the email had just agreed a price on a virtually new model, conveniently close to me.

So, which one do I go for? A friend has both, plus an original Ti LE model, and really likes the black version more than the steel. The ship has sailed on the reasonably priced Ti models, and in any case I really look forward to a new watch with waterproof pushers, so for me it's either the steel or the black version. Black, or steel, or buy both and sell the one I don't want (or wait for the wife to file divorce papers)? I've already got a Fortis B-42 Ti Lemania 5100 chrono, and an unworn Revue Thommen Airspeed Titanium Quartz Chronograph in its box, so there's something to be said for a different look, but I do think I prefer the look of the steel. A real quandary....

Any suggestions? Stock photos below since I haven't yet seen either in the metal:

I once saw an original Ti one that had been blackened [can't remember the process name, something to do with an oxidiser?] and liked it a lot - it was different to the normal ones of course but also it just suited the darker finish - I like the EZM1's dull titanium - rare to find a watch without any sparkle, suits me, and so it was with the black. It's a pretty stark watch so the darkened finish sort of added to / complimented that.
    Anyway, I've 4 of the buggers and am of course going to get a 1.1 at some stage, but there were a few things that were holding me back - it sorta looks the same, it sorta looked a little less 'refined' than the original, it'd probably be a whisker too large for me...excuses for why it didn't immediately get over the line. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic watch when considered in isolation and isn't just an addition to a set by a sad collector.
    So when they brought out the 1.1S it was perfect for me - or the future me at any rate - different enough to make it interesting in the collective setting, the good 'mood' generated by the added starkness as I'd noticed on the blackened Ti one and, as I'm probably not going to get two 1.1's the S can represent this generation of EZM1 and also bring something else to the party.

Nice choice to have to make....one day...one day...!

ETA - I will be a bit cheeky and link to a pic of the the 1.1S on the metal bracelet - see what I mean about the starkness? [pic courtesy of 'DaveandStu' @ WatchUSeek at the bottom of this page - https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/t...699690/page-17 - mods please delete if inappropriate links etc!]

Last edited by andy111s; 13th December 2022 at 00:20. Reason: ad pic

Master
    This arrived today. Can’t see any others in this thread?

Master
    Very nice the R500, and great to see a bullhead. I love the power reserve meter.

Master

No matter how nice a 756 is I am really happy to have an 103 back to the fold. A rare beast as well since it is the titanium utc version!

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

I am really happy to have an 103 back to the fold. A rare beast as well since it is the titanium utc version!
    That's really nice. Can I be cheeky & ask for first refusal if you ever sell?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

That 103 is super. Lots to love there - the different style hands for the chrono, and the time? The cheeky UTC hand? Titanium? Amazing. Is it missing the lume pip? Not to mind, it's just a scar.

Picked this up yesterday, and very happy with it so far. Esp. at less than a third of the price of an EZM1!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    That 103 is super. Lots to love there - the different style hands for the chrono, and the time? The cheeky UTC hand? Titanium? Amazing. Is it missing the lume pip? Not to mind, it's just a scar.

Picked this up yesterday, and very happy with it so far. Esp. at less than a third of the price of an EZM1!

Looks awesome! The jumping minute hand of the 7750 is such a great improvement over the Lemania as well!

Master

If I had to have a 103 that's the version I'd get - nice duo!

Hi all. I'd like to get a Sinn rubber strap for my EZM 1. Does anyone know if the standard integrated rubber strap with the large clasp will fit? And is it possible to get a titanium version of the clasp? I emailed Sinn to ask those questions but they just recommended I contact a UK based AD.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Hi all. I'd like to get a Sinn rubber strap for my EZM 1. Does anyone know if the standard integrated rubber strap with the large clasp will fit? And is it possible to get a titanium version of the clasp? I emailed Sinn to ask those questions but they just recommended I contact a UK based AD.

I am not sure the fitted rubber strap will fit the older case profile, I am not sure they do a large Ti clasp either
    Best place to check is their website, it has everything on there

I wore my 24hr dial 903 yesterday for the first time in a while. The silver bezel ring and subdials change colour dependant on the light. It does need a new crystal though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post

I wore my 24hr dial 903 yesterday for the first time in a while. The silver bezel ring and subdials change colour dependant on the light. It does need a new crystal though.

Love the 7750 based 155 in the pic!

I am not sure the fitted rubber strap will fit the older case profile, I am not sure they do a large Ti clasp either
    Best place to check is their website, it has everything on there
    Thanks @Sinnlover, will give them another email in that case. I'm currently wearing it on an Artem sailcloth but really like the integrated look of the Sinn rubber straps. Not so keen on the amount of dust they attract but worth it for the look, I think!

Master
    Thanks @Sinnlover, will give them another email in that case. I'm currently wearing it on an Artem sailcloth but really like the integrated look of the Sinn rubber straps. Not so keen on the amount of dust they attract but worth it for the look, I think!
    Have a brief look at my post here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post6112834

Whilst it's not a genuine Sinn rubber, I find these third party straps fit very well; should fit ok on yours too. The strap is very soft and pliable so easy to push snug with the case.

Worth a go for less than £20 and does give the integrated look, plus the buckle end is 20mm which is handy if you have a genuine buckle laying about.

Craftsman
    This deserves a bump up..
    Love it and very unique..

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post

Perfection.

Master

A watch need be no more. Completely German; crisp, clear, beautifully made.

Sweet

Love the 7750 based 155 in the pic!
    Thanks, it’s one of Sinn’s rarer watches. 500 made from parts left over from when Sinn serviced the Heuer Bunds
    The case and bezel are identical to my Heuer, it has a deeper case back (non screw down) for the rotor though.

Master
    Thanks, it’s one of Sinn’s rarer watches. 500 made from parts left over from when Sinn serviced the Heuer Bunds
    The case and bezel are identical to my Heuer, it has a deeper case back (non screw down) for the rotor though.
    I expect the case to be pretty much the same as for the 156 and the Heuer bunds indeed

Craftsman

Very nice watch like the sailcloth too. Enjoy, Cheers, John B4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Very nice watch like the sailcloth too. Enjoy, Cheers, John B4
    Cheers John

Sinn do the date so well - many don't like a date at 4:30 but looks great IMO, esp. being horizontal and not at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Will give that a go! Got to be worth a try for the money.

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Is that the 856 or the 556?

Looks great. I spent last night googling the 856 i and 856 i b. Looks like they're discontinued which is a shame but the a model is still in the catalogue.

I expect the case to be pretty much the same as for the 156 and the Heuer bunds indeed

Main differences being deeper rear of case [to accommodate rotor] and asymmetry of pushers on the bund compared to the symmetrical ones on the 156.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It's the 556 (or a 656 - they're quite close). The 856 doesn't have the horizontal date window.

Is that an Artem strap, waser?

I’m thinking about buying a 556 I. Does anyone have a recommendation in terms of ADs and how much discount I might expect to be able to negotiate? There seem to be very few ADs in the UK who have physical showrooms. I think the 556i on the H link bracelet came down to about £1073 at First Class Watches with a voucher code but not sure if I should be aiming lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post

I’m thinking about buying a 556 I. Does anyone have a recommendation in terms of ADs and how much discount I might expect to be able to negotiate? There seem to be very few ADs in the UK who have physical showrooms. I think the 556i on the H link bracelet came down to about £1073 at First Class Watches with a voucher code but not sure if I should be aiming lower.
    Re discount, I would be amazed if you get one - Sinn are having supply issues and this has resulted in long lead in times for some models

Re show room Jura / CW Sellors, Francis and Gaye would be best if you want to see in person. Chronomaster if happy to deal on line.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

Looks great. I spent last night googling the 856 i and 856 i b. Looks like they're discontinued which is a shame but the a model is still in the catalogue.
    Just to confirm this is the 556a.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post

Yup, Artem sailcloth.

As for discounts it’s a tough one. Always been hard to get discounts on Sinn. I think a 10% code at one of the retailers is probably a good deal. If you manage to get 20% somehow I’d jump at that without thinking too hard about it.

Thanks guys, will do a bit more research later.

Apprentice
    Just received my 556 citrine yellow, really like the colour, changes so much in different light, sometimes almost orange, gold and of course yellow. Has a nice depth to the dial colour too. Didn't like the strap it comes on so put it on a Colareb.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Recently re-purchased a 556i after questioning my sanity a to why I sold my old one! Been drifting out of the hobby and wanted a watch that did it all, and I do think that with everything balanced up this comes as close to perfection for me and my needs as I can get. Highly versatile, tough as nails and keeping immaculate time too, love it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Recently re-purchased a 556i after questioning my sanity a to why I sold my old one! Been drifting out of the hobby and wanted a watch that did it all, and I do think that with everything balanced up this comes as close to perfection for me and my needs as I can get. Highly versatile, tough as nails and keeping immaculate time too, love it.

Nice! I keep coming back to these. How do you find the bracelet that you have shown? I see that there is the option for their 'fine link' bracelet for extra £££'s but interesting to hear your opinion on the one that you have? Thanks

I've a rubber strap I sometimes fit to my EZM1 but I prefer the small butterfly clasp as the other longer than the watch itself
    I'd give Ryan a call at Francis & Gaye as I believe he has some

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Nice! I keep coming back to these. How do you find the bracelet that you have shown? I see that there is the option for their 'fine link' bracelet for extra £££'s but interesting to hear your opinion on the one that you have? Thanks
    I find the H link really supple and comfortable mate, it has very good and robust build quality. I really think the more sporty, toolish look suits the watch more than the fine link one, I’d choose the H every time.

I do think the clasp let’s it down slightly - for the RRP Sinn are now charging for these I think they should be upgrading the clasp as it’s pretty basic compared to the likes of C Ward or even Zelos who charge less for their watches.

Other thing I’d say is, on my first 556i the H bracelet had regular screw links, but on this model it has the newer hex screws. Perfectly secure system but a bit faffy having to use the 2 hex keys to adjust them - I don’t really see the point of them! Nonetheless, I think this bracelet suits this watch best.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I find the H link really supple and comfortable mate, it has very good and robust build quality. I really think the more sporty, toolish look suits the watch more than the fine link one, I’d choose the H every time.

I do think the clasp let’s it down slightly - for the RRP Sinn are now charging for these I think they should be upgrading the clasp as it’s pretty basic compared to the likes of C Ward or even Zelos who charge less for their watches.

Other thing I’d say is, on my first 556i the H bracelet had regular screw links, but on this model it has the newer hex screws. Perfectly secure system but a bit faffy having to use the 2 hex keys to adjust them - I don’t really see the point of them! Nonetheless, I think this bracelet suits this watch best.
    Many thanks for the detailed reply - very helpful!

Whilst I have not had one on this watch
    I have to say the typical Sinn H link is one of my favourite bracelets, I will even forgive the rather basic but well made clasp
    On the other hand the fine link is possibly the most uncomfortable bracelet ever made in my opinion.
    In a fit of rage with it I chucked it in the bin, I hated it that much. Yes so fed up, I would rather bin it than force the from of torture on someone else.
    The butterfly clasp was completely the wrong shape for my wrist, it was painful, it had no micro adjust and the links are quite large so the watch either cut off my circulation or it flopped about on my wrist. I will never buy another of their fine link bracelets (or a watch with a butterfly clasp).

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I've a rubber strap I sometimes fit to my EZM1 but I prefer the small butterfly clasp as the other longer than the watch itself
    I'd give Ryan a call at Francis & Gaye as I believe he has some
    That's brilliant - thanks very much for your help. Will get in touch with them.

I have to say the typical Sinn H link is one of my favourite bracelets, I will even forgive the rather basic but well made clasp
    On the other hand the fine link is possibly the most uncomfortable bracelet ever made in my opinion.
    In a fit of rage with it I chucked it in the bin, I hated it that much. Yes so fed up, I would rather bin it than force the from of torture on someone else.
    The butterfly clasp was completely the wrong shape for my wrist, it was painful, it had no micro adjust and the links are quite large so the watch either cut off my circulation or it flopped about on my wrist. I will never buy another of their fine link bracelets (or a watch with a butterfly clasp).
    That's really interesting. I currently have two Sinns, both on the H-link. Although I like the quality and the look, I think they're quite heavy and I can't get a perfect fit. The fine link on the other hand was one of my most comfortable bracelets and with the half links sizing was spot-on. Looks wise it worked very well on my 556 I think, but that was because I had the MOP dial version which is a bit dressier than the regular one. On most watches the H-link looks better in my opinion.

Craftsman
    No help then!
    You like it .........

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    That's really interesting. I currently have two Sinns, both on the H-link. Although I like the quality and the look, I think they're quite heavy and I can't get a perfect fit. The fine link on the other hand was one of my most comfortable bracelets and with the half links sizing was spot-on. Looks wise it worked very well on my 556 I think, but that was because I had the MOP dial version which is a bit dressier than the regular one. On most watches the H-link looks better in my opinion.
    ...........and you don't!

Many thanks for the replies - I guess we all have different shaped wrists? If I buy a 556 I'll probs do what I always do, and buy the cheaper option and see how I get on!!

Classic 12 LE

No help then!
    You like it .........

...........and you don't!

Many thanks for the replies - I guess we all have different shaped wrists? If I buy a 556 I'll probs do what I always do, and buy the cheaper option and see how I get on!!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, we all have them and some stink of ****
    Seriously, if you have a round wrist I think it might be ok, if you are a troglodyte like me you might have the same problem! Only one way to find out…

That's brilliant - thanks very much for your help. Will get in touch with them.
    I’d avoid the fine-link purely due to no micro-adjust. The h-link seems to divide opinion purely on the quality of the clasp, I find the h-link and clasp really comfortable personally.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

Love power reserve on watches a genuinely useful complication

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app