closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Sinn UX SDR

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

My 657 has gone now, but I have replaced it with this, the EZM2, to join my EZM1

Last edited by sweets; 24th May 2023 at 21:11. Reason: put image back in

Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I don't own a Sinn at the moment but have had these over the years. Wondering why I ever let them go now

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    I don't own a Sinn at the moment but have had these over the years. Wondering why I ever let them go now

Think I’d be wondering that myself, some lovely watches there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    No wonder, the first and last especially are gorgeous. I've a Sinn 356 black dial, and never 'got' the copper dial, but your photo I think is the first I've seen that really shows it off, that's stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    No wonder, the first and last especially are gorgeous. I've a Sinn 356 black dial, and never 'got' the copper dial, but your photo I think is the first I've seen that really shows it off, that's stunning.
    Yes, the 356II was my most expensive watch at the time and I fell in love with it, I must have got it just before I joined here because I used it as my username! Cost me £575 new when I bought it, looking back I should have bought a couple, can't afford one now

Just the one at the moment, but I'm working on it.

Sent from my SM-T335 using TZ-UK mobile app
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Here you go chaps you could say I'm a bit of a fan boy

Had this one from new and had the case bead blasted at Sinn before delivery. Strangely never bonded with it and it’s with a new owner now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My U2 back from service alongside my new U1000

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Journeyman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sinn 757 UTC with its two close buddies

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatron View Post

Just when I manage to convince myself my first proper watch purchase will be a Sinn someone has to go and post a photo of a Damasko dc66 sitting beside a UTC..... Both are firm favourites, any notable strengths or weaknesses given you own both?

used to prefer damasko for the small production and relative scarcity, plus the fact that they were a true geek tool watch made by a german aeronautical wizard in his shed. .
    but i think they have lost heir way recently . none of their recent models appeal to me.
    mind you, i also think sinn have lost their way a bit too.
    main thing that stops me from buying one of the damasko is the poor lume, plus the excessive outer ar on my old 36 meant i was wiping the watch every five minutes.
    the older damasko have a slightly more industrial, less refined edge than the sinn in terms of the design
    materials and execution are pretty good though, maybe they even have the slight edge over the sinn.
    customer service from damasko can be patchy, maybe because they are such a small outfit, but also because initially at least i don't think the focus was on the customer.
    I've never heard anything bad about sinns customer service though
    just my 0.02 german reichmarks
    Last edited by seikopath; 9th November 2017 at 09:44.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    used to prefer damasko for the small production and relative scarcity, plus the fact that they were a true geek tool watch made by a german aeronautical wizard in his shed. .
    but i think they have lost heir way recently . none of their recent models appeal to me.
    mind you, i also think sinn have lost their way a bit too.
    main thing that stops me from buying one of the damasko is the poor lume, plus the excessive outer ar on my old 36 meant i was wiping the watch every five minutes.
    the older damasko have a slightly more industrial, less refined edge than the sinn in terms of the design
    materials and execution are pretty good though, maybe they even have the slight edge over the sinn.
    customer service from damasko can be patchy, maybe because they are such a small outfit, but also because initially at least i don't think the focus was on the customer.
    I've never heard anything bad about sinns customer service though
    just my 0.02 german reichmarks
    Thanks for that, I had read a little about Damasko customer service and UK service issues, not ideal but probably not enough to turn me away, obviously the dc66 and 757utc are very similar beasts and some variant of either one will likely be where I end up.
    Good chance I’ll purchase pre owned for obvious saving on price plus I fear I’d be too precious with a shiny new model so availability second hand will also be a factor....
    Did see a 756 diapal on a bracelet on eBay for what initially looked like a decent price but don’t know good/bad issues of that model and then noticed 0% feedback, I’ll probably avoid.

I think damasko used can be a great bargain, probably because they are less well known than sinn

This has touched down in its new home and I'm exceedingly happy with it.

Craftsman
    Just pick up a new sinn 104 today I’m in 😍

Master

Favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post

I’ve got a 103 but these ones are the best!! Unfortunately sold out by the time I realised they existed but it looks like I may have got my hands on one that may arrive soonish!!

Chris

That's lovely. What's the model number?

Journeyman

856, non-UTC

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    That's lovely. What's the model number?
    Cheers, I think so too. The model is designated '103 A Sa B', a limited edition of 500.

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    I’ve got a 103 but these ones are the best!! Unfortunately sold out by the time I realised they existed but it looks like I may have got my hands on one that may arrive soonish!!

Chris
    Excellent Chris, keep us posted!

Now that's just greedy!

^^Are the bottom two both LEs?

No Dave, the LE is on the left, you can tell from the enlarged 12 index on the bezel.
    D

356 & 358

would some kind soul do a side by side of a 356 and 358 please.
    already know I like the smaller but old eyes might like the larger; even with the price difference.
    many thanks in advance.

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Cheers, I think so too. The model is designated '103 A Sa B', a limited edition of 500.

Excellent Chris, keep us posted!
    Thank you - it's the first Sinn I've seen with subdials that really pop, to me.

Craftsman

really like the colour scheme here

Are the subdials truly that creamy yellow? Just been googling it and they look far less warm in the stock images.

Journeyman

Are the subdials truly that creamy yellow? Just been googling it and they look far less warm in the stock images.
    I think that it depends on the lighting conditions, they can range in appearance from silver to a lovely buttermilk shade. The tight concentric rings seem to catch the light without being overly reflective.

I think that it depends on the lighting conditions, they can range in appearance from silver to a lovely buttermilk shade. The tight concentric rings seem to catch the light without being overly reflective.

So lovely to see some colour outside too - makes a refreshing change from the current gray-scale over here.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cptnbignose View Post
    Just when I manage to convince myself my first proper watch purchase will be a Sinn someone has to go and post a photo of a Damasko dc66 sitting beside a UTC..... Both are firm favourites, any notable strengths or weaknesses given you own both?
    There are a few articles comparing them:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...inn+comparison

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/damasko...available-now/

http://www.watcheswithnolimits.com/i...id=105&lang=en

Cheers dave. This puppy was sold on ebay recently. Nine times out of ten i think the used/patina thing is overhyped, but I think this is absolutely gorgeous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatron View Post

I do like a nice Sinn, but I also rather like a Damasko and a Fortis. What a great trio. I would be very happy to have those three in my collection.

Yes, they are a sort of slightly gilded (metallic, but matte/eggshell, not super shiny) cream colour. The exact tone does vary depending on the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    I do like a nice Sinn, but I also rather like a Damasko and a Fortis.
    the germans do make a nice tool watch. no doubt about it.

tutima, don't forget tutima.

Cheers dave. This puppy was sold on ebay recently. Nine times out of ten i think the used/patina thing is overhyped, but I think this is absolutely gorgeous.
    Yeah I saw that one as well, unfortunately after it sold, looking for a nice 3H (Andy Tims' one is in great nick)

- - - Updated - - -

the germans do make a nice tool watch. no doubt about it.

tutima, don't forget tutima.

Andy, interested to hear your thoughts of the commando vs the ezm1

In particular, what's the action of the pushers like on the commando?

Journeyman
    Thanks for taking the time to post up those links, read the first two and looked at photos in #3, could happily own either but think I’m maybe swaying towards Damasko dc56/66 though the fact I’m likely buying pre owned muddies the water slightly with what appears first. I’m watching something just now but also getting close to admission to SC so debating whether to hold off and see what comes along on here, probably end up with a Fortis......

Thanks again.

Andy, interested to hear your thoughts of the commando vs the ezm1

In particular, what's the action of the pushers like on the commando?
    Much of a muchness and probably down to taste really Dave - the EZM is my preferred one as it is a more classic shape, a purer dial and the chronograph is readable in the dark; the Tutima has a 12hr counter to its advantage and is certainly housed well - the addition of the bezel over the standard Commando II is also a strong point with this particular one.

The pushers on the Tutima are good - you need a firm, positive push of course but I really like the 'integrated' design - the main drawback is there is a possibility of them getting muck in which may jam them a little - but that's not something I've experienced nor many others - it's something that was noticed only once by someone as far as I know.

I know 'Sweets' has the same combination and, I think, prefers the Tutima, but it's a marginal call either way I think.

I've had a thing for Sinn for quite some time, but I never got round to buying one. The 857 UTC was especially to my liking and when the TESTAF version came out I was sold. While I think the whole TESTAF thing is just gimmicky marketing, I way prefer the orange colour scheme comapared to to the regular green.

I've been concentrating on G-Shocks for a while now, my only mechanicals have been my grandfather's old Tissot and a Sarpaneva's S.U.F Komentaja. The Tissot will not willingly leave me while I'm still breathing, but the S.U.F I had little emotional bond to. My local used watch dealer had had a 857 UTC TESTAF on the list and I decided to lose the S.U.F and try to see if the Sinn would reignite my interest in mechanicals. This is my first mechanical incoming in two years.

Sorry for the poor pics. We haven't had decent light over here since thursday when I bought it. I'll try to snap some better ones when we get some sunshine.

I must say I'm pretty happy with the watch. I'm not sure if this is a gateway back into serious interest, but at least I'm wearing it (unlike the S.U.F which I've worn once in 2017) and looking at it brings me pleasure.

Craftsman
    Cracking watch!

An 857UTC us very high up my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    Much of a muchness and probably down to taste really Dave - the EZM is my preferred one as it is a more classic shape, a purer dial and the chronograph is readable in the dark; the Tutima has a 12hr counter to its advantage and is certainly housed well - the addition of the bezel over the standard Commando II is also a strong point with this particular one.

The pushers on the Tutima are good - you need a firm, positive push of course but I really like the 'integrated' design - the main drawback is there is a possibility of them getting muck in which may jam them a little - but that's not something I've experienced nor many others - it's something that was noticed only once by someone as far as I know.

I know 'Sweets' has the same combination and, I think, prefers the Tutima, but it's a marginal call either way I think.
    Thanks andy. Very interesting to see how the pushers relate to the rest of the case. Looks like a lovely bit of engineering

I'm extremely tempted by those from the Hydro range, but not so much the latest, rather too large at 44mm ones. I see there are a few of the EZM 2 Hydros in here - any ideas as to whether the silver bezel on the civvie version can be replaced with the black one, like from the GSG 9 variant? There's the silver civvie available on eBay for 1300, but the GSG version is 2500, which seems rather punchy?

The thought of having a 5km depth movement and a 'as deep as is physically possible to go' is a bit too awesome to pass up!

Edit: seems you could change the bezel back at Sinn, but that was seven years ago, so possibly no longer.
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 22nd November 2017 at 00:39.

The 2500 is a full set with all extras jobbie, likely to appeal to a nutty collector and hence priced accordingly.... Whether it sells or not at that price is another matter. There's alot of optimistic pricing on ebay

Frankly i can't believe the silver bezel one is still on there. He's had it on their for ages, its in great condition and i think pretty good value at 1300 considering it includes a bracelet etc (also iirc recent service). He has added a best offer recently as well.

Personally i far prefer the black bezel and i suspect this is why it hasn't sold yet
    Last edited by seikopath; 22nd November 2017 at 00:36.

The 2500 is a full set with all extras jobbie, likely to appeal to a nutty collector and hence priced accordingly....

Frankly i can't believe the silver bezel one is still on there. He's had it on their for ages, its pretty good value at 1300 imo considering it includes a bracelet etc (also iirc recent service). He has added a best offer recently as well.

Personally i far prefer the black bezel and i suspect this is why it hasn't sold yet
    It's certainly why I haven't bought it! Much prefer the black to the silver. I'm very new to the Sinn game, and having been looking at the likes of Page and Cooper, Jura etc. was quite impressed with the prices these older Sinns are commanding given the most recent prices I can find for them are in the 400-600 range, but that was relating to a good few years ago! But I can see why - it's a lovely size, and a ridiculously cool piece with the tech inside.

Do you have one of these EZM 2 Hydros, or just in the market for one yourself?