closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1491

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Bought this from here probably 10 years ago. Daily wear since. Needs a service (and a decent clean) but still as good as it was. Folks always ask what watch I'd buy and I say this one, and it killed FOMO as there's nothing else i've seen that I'd rather have. Though a blacked out custom Santos has been nagging me a little for the past year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This one has come back home again:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post

Surely this time it’s a keeper ;)

Enjoy pal.

Picked this up last week brand new.

Had it on for no more than 10 minutes (after taking the shot), then this happened.

First time I had pressed the Chrono function.

Very disappointed to say the least. The supplier is also refusing a refund, says I have to send it to Sinn for repair as I have tried it on.

Disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Surely this time it’s a keeper ;)

Enjoy pal.
    Haha thanks Gav. I’m sure I used that forbidden word the first time I had it too.

Had it on for no more than 10 minutes (after taking the shot), then this happened.

Very disappointed to say the least. The supplier is also refusing a refund, says I have to send it to Sinn for repair as I have tried it on.

Disappointed.
    That’s shocking behaviour from the supplier. Hope you get it sorted buddy.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Disappointed.
    That’s bad! Surely I must of been thrown around on delivery as such. Hope Sinn QC would test all functions etc

Bad of the supplier! Care to share who they are?

Your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. They have to refund you if that’s what you want. If you bought on a credit card I would give them a call and initiate a charge back.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...g-faulty-goods

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. They have to refund you if that’s what you want. If you bought on a credit card I would give them a call and initiate a charge back.

Yes, isn’t there a 7 day distance selling rule anyway? Pretty sure you can return anything bought online within that period.

Contd:

Just saw that link above looks like you have around 30days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    That’s bad! Surely I must of been thrown around on delivery as such. Hope Sinn QC would test all functions etc

You would have thought so. It is not the first new Sinn I have had with an issue. Had a 104 in the last that came dead.

Hoping I can come to an agreement before naming, hopefully we can resolve the issue.

Yes, isn’t there a 7 day distance selling rule anyway? Pretty sure you can return anything bought online within that period.

Contd:

Just saw that link above looks like you have around 30days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

Thank you for the advice. I am in retail and was surprised by their response. Particularly as it was a completely distance transaction, with a faulty item.

I guess from their POV they are taking into account the whole 10 mins it was on my wrist. Not sure how that plays out with watches. I know the rules with cars!

Thank you for the advice. I am in retail and was surprised by their response. Particularly as it was a completely distance transaction, with a faulty item.

I guess from their POV they are taking into account the whole 10 mins it was on my wrist. Not sure how that plays out with watches. I know the rules with cars!
    They are talking poo. Best of luck with the return though, pointless headache.

Master

Disappointed.
    Please could you name the dealer.

Disappointed.

Mildly shocking that this happened, but more so at the dealer's response.

Sounds like they're assuming you did something careless - which is barmy, QA notwithstanding, the greatest likelihood is that it was handled badly by the carrier on its journey from Germany to you.

Automatically blaming you is really poor form.

Another one for the "name-and-shame" chorus - they've already f'd up, no matter what the final resolution might be.

Would only make sense for them to refused if they were considering you are responsible for the defect (dropped the watch on the floor or something). If they cannot prove that (watch totally mint), then they should take it back and solve the issue themselves… shocking behaviour if they don’t

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post

The sub- dial hand hasn’t been pressed on correctly, or the hand isn’t a tight fit. Ideally, if Sinn had accredited repairers in the UK this could be sorted out very easily without having to send it back to the manufacturer. If the hand is loose the pipe can be tightened slightly to get a tighter fit, if the hand is too tight and won’t press onto the spindle far enough to be secure it will beed broaching very carefully.

None of this is rocket science, a competent repairer can sort this easily!

It’s disappointing that things like that can happen on a new item. It’s also really poor show from the retailer. It would put me off dealing with them. I hope the retailer comes to their senses and resolves this to your satisfaction.
    If there is a reason for hope it’s that Sinn C/S is top notch in my experience so if it does go down that route they should turn it around quickly.

Except this one is filled with gas. But I’m sure the UK service centre can work with that.

Think they need to send the oil filled ones back to Germany

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Please could you name the dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Mildly shocking that this happened, but more so at the dealer's response.

Sounds like they're assuming you did something careless - which is barmy, QA notwithstanding, the greatest likelihood is that it was handled badly by the carrier on its journey from Germany to you.

Automatically blaming you is really poor form.

Another one for the "name-and-shame" chorus - they've already f'd up, no matter what the final resolution might be.
    Agreed the initial response is not great but hopefully we can resolve, will certainly make them if it doesn’t get sorted.

Master
    Agreed the initial response is not great but hopefully we can resolve, will certainly make them if it doesn’t get sorted.
    A PM will suffice, I just do not need the hassle of dealing with suppliers that don’t behave reasonably. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The sub- dial hand hasn’t been pressed on correctly, or the hand isn’t a tight fit. Ideally, if Sinn had accredited repairers in the UK this could be sorted out very easily without having to send it back to the manufacturer. If the hand is loose the pipe can be tightened slightly to get a tighter fit, if the hand is too tight and won’t press onto the spindle far enough to be secure it will beed broaching very carefully.

Sinn have a very good accredited service centre in the UK (TWR). Having sent the my Arktis in the past, I am sure they could repair. The issue really is I have been sent a faulty item, having not had it a week, not worn it, I do not want to wait for it to be repaired. Might be ridiculous but it has put me off the watch. So would rather return, I appreciate your knowledgeable reply though Paul.

That’s quite outrageous

I would absolutely require a return and refund. I wouldn’t want a brand new watch that has been repaired for such a fault, it would be tainted.

Did you pay any part by credit card?

I would reject it, and if you get any further pushback, assuming at least £100 had been paid on credit card I would notify the card issuer of a section 75 claim.

If you hadn’t used a credit card, I would still reject via email, and also contact Sinn’s customer service.

Sorry to hear of it

Dave

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    That’s quite outrageous

I would absolutely require a return and refund. I wouldn’t want a brand new watch that has been repaired for such a fault, it would be tainted.

Did you pay any part by credit card?

I would reject it, and if you get any further pushback, assuming at least £100 had been paid on credit card I would notify the card issuer of a section 75 claim.

If you hadn’t used a credit card, I would still reject via email, and also contact Sinn’s customer service.

Sorry to hear of it

Dave

Agree Dave. It has put me off. The other thing with the hand moving around, it may mark the dial, I thought? Too much to have on my mind when I have just bought something new.

Stupidly paid the full amount on my debit card but through PayPal, not sure if that makes a difference. I have emailed them today telling them I do not accept their solution and said I want a full refund. Did not get a reply but I have sent the watch back anyway. Hoping they can see that I have not caused the issue and see sense when it arrives with them tomorrow.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 9th January 2023 at 20:43.

I’m sure they will see sense when the watch is back with them.

PayPal breaks the direct Section 75 link for credit cards, so it is usually better to pay at least a £100 deposit directly.

Hope it all goes smoothly

Dave

Master
    My favourite quartz

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    That’s quite outrageous

I disagree, a watch is collection of parts that have been assembled......they aren`t virgins! It's a very straightforward job to fix this and provided the repairer is careful no-one will know it's been taken apart. I accept that it's annoying but the sensible way forward is for it to go to the UK accredited centre and get fixed without delay, far easier than sending it to Germany and back.

Absolutely no reason to be put off the watch simply because it's been taken apart and had a hand refitted, no way has the watch been tainted, that's just a thought an emotive thought in someone's head.........as I said they're not virgins!

Everyone raves about the build quality of Sinn but having taken a few apart I don`t share that view. The hands and dial are quite crudely made, this is obvious when you get up close and take the things apart, they're not in the Omega league or even the TAG league. One of my pet hates in a watch is where the movement ring isn`t secured by clamps into the case, all it requires is a bit more machining and longer case clamps but small manufacturers don't do this. The movement ring is clamped into the case by the squeezing action of the caseback beind screwed on, Sinn use a corrugated spring which helps, but I never like to see this design.

From Sinn's point of view the watch has been sold and is now second-hand, I can see why they favour fixing it, but it's less than ideal for the customer who bought the watch with a reasonable expectation of it not being faulty. There's no way the fault can be attributed to mis-handling, if the hand had been affixed correctly it would've stayed where it was even if roughly handled.

Edit: I don`t know who fits the caebacks at the Sinn factory, but he needs his arse kicking! The one I took apart last week had the caseback overtightened to a ridiculous extent, totally unnecessary and it does NOT enhance water resistance. Maybe they employ Guy The Gorilla for this job?
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 9th January 2023 at 21:22.

I would still reject and require a refund. Fixable or not, you have expectations that if you spend a lot on a watch, this defect isn’t going to occur. Actually if it was a £300 Seiko, I would still reject. The buyer has done the right thing.

D

Agree Dave. It has put me off. The other thing with the hand moving around, it may mark the dial, I thought? Too much to have on my mind when I have just bought something new.

Stupidly paid the full amount on my debit card but through PayPal, not sure if that makes a difference. I have emailed them today telling them I do not accept their solution and said I want a full refund. Did not get a reply but I have sent the watch back anyway. Hoping they can see that I have not caused the issue and see sense when it arrives with them tomorrow.
    That's a real bummer - getting something defective when it's brand new can only be made worse if the retailer acts like a pillock

Update on the faulty Sinn.

After a brief email exchange this morning, I have received a full refund. Despite the initial email, I feel today was handed how it should have been. Shame as I was looking forward to owning one but at least it is resolved.

Glad to hear it was resolved as it should have been. Still damn disappointing.

That is the perfect 103.

After a brief email exchange this morning, I have received a full refund. Despite the initial email, I feel today was handed how it should have been. Shame as I was looking forward to owning one but at least it is resolved.
    Resolved as it should be.
    To be honest it should never have been an issue in the first place, a refund should have been offered at once it was known that there was a in issue. As some one who collects Sinn watches I would like to know who the retailer is so I can avoid them in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Top-Time View Post
    That is the perfect 103.
    Seconded. I’m not a huge fan of Sinn’s pilot chronos but these have more of a racing look and it completely transforms them.

It should never have been an issue. Sale of Goods Act. End of.
    Glad you got a result (which is only what UK law requires)

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Seconded. I’m not a huge fan of Sinn’s pilot chronos but these have more of a racing look and it completely transforms them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top-Time View Post
    That is the perfect 103.
    Thanks both

Well another one arrived today (thanks Walter!) and I really really like it.

Contemplating sourcing a bracelet although the strap is very comfortable.

Master

Sinn 103 St Sa, late 1990s
    Just been serviced by Paul (walkerwek1958)

Nothing local to me.

https://t.co/GdbFKlPQ2i

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

No real connection with the Limited Edition element here, I just loved the overall look of this one.

20221122_110953 by ataripower, on Flickr

Sent from my SM-X806B using Tapatalk

Master
    Had the 144 for a couple of years but only now got round to putting the bracelet on. Regret not having done it sooner.

Great watch.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Recently purchased this.
    Sinn U1B

Currently wearing it with a blue Sinn Strap.
    Put the bracelet on my UX.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Recently purchased this.
    Sinn U1B

I really like that variant of the U1. Great pick up

Having made an earlier mental decision to sell, I’ve managed to bond with the U1 again by putting the bracelet back on. Not as heavy as I remember, and the clasp is more moderate in size compared to the silicone.

Having less than two Sinn in the collection just seemed wrong.

Dave

Craftsman

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller1 View Post

For me, that's the best they've ever made.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    For me, that's the best they've ever made.
    I’m gutted that I let it go !! It was built like a tank and the quality was amazing at its price point. Maybe one day I’ll have another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Recently purchased this.
    Sinn U1B

I’ve only worn mine on the blue rubber. The bracelet’s not even been fitted yet.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    My Sinn 103 Destro, Military MkIV is on the wrist today.
    It's the only one of my watches that I ever get asked about when I wear it.
    It's a JDM limited edition of 200, which, I really wish that Sinn had numbered as they did with U2-W.
    A small gripe and not at all a criticism of the watch.
    It is one of my favourites and I find that more and more my collection of 12 watches in my drawer, is reducing to a rotation of 2/3 regulars, which coincidentally are other Sinns.
    Might be time for a clear out 🤔