closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster Snoopy

Speedmaster Snoopy

Never seen on in the flesh before! Bit steep though, although someone might be searching for one.

A few years ago I nearly purchased a new one at approx £1500 from an AD but a few handling marks put me off and the AD refused a discount. I wish I 'pulled the trigger'!

Master
    So where is it for sale? Or is this just a stealth sales thread?

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    So where is it for sale? Or is this just a stealth sales thread?
    Ooops that might help, I'm on a day trip to Stratford Upon Avon, its a jewllers on Meer Street.

I'm a newbie so apologies if i have broken rules, wasn't my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Never seen on in the flesh before! Bit steep though, although someone might be searching for one.

A decent price, id be interested if it was nearby (where is it?)

Edit: posted at the same time...too far

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wrong box. I question whether it was just a normal speedmaster with a snoopy dial. For me, these possible collectors items need to be complete.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 21st January 2017 at 14:28.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Wrong box. I question whether it was just a normal speedmaster with a snoopy dial. For me, these possible collectors items need to be complete.
    Agree it is the wrong box but that wouldn't put me off purchasing it, however you need to look at the casback as I've seen quite a few standard Speedmaster Professional models modified with the Snoopy dial as previously said.

FWIW I'm not sure what a full set Snoopy is, did it come with the car sticker or was that promotional material?

The price is just silly!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    Agree it is the wrong box but that wouldn't put me off purchasing it, however you need to look at the casback as I've seen quite a few standard Speedmaster Professional models modified with the Snoopy dial as previously said.

FWIW I'm not sure what a full set Snoopy is, did it come with the car sticker or was that promotional material?

The price is just silly!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic-...AAAOSwL7VWtTqA

This gives you an idea. The case back and dial can be bought for 700 pound. The missing set would 100% put me off. Otherwise buy a speedmaster buy the dial buy the case back and save 3000 pound

That price is not bad at all for a Snoopy. But 6k should buy you a full set, original blue box and LE certificate.

I've seen casebacks on ebay as well. So having a dial and caseback does not make a snoopy, as they have been allocated to a specific SN range. So paperwork is crucial.

I didn't ask any details about it but thought i would post its existence just in case anyone was on the lookout fir one. The shop had a large selection of watches, other speedies inc a reduced. Few Rolex too including a overpriced 2013 sub c lv (£6995!), so perhaps the owner knows what he is selling.

Master
    The obvious thought.....given those prices for a Snoopy, what will happen to the price of the 'speedy Tuesday' ? I am one if the many TZ people who got their name down....thanks to the early tip-off from a forum member. And I would not sell.
    But curiosity does make you wonder what will happen .The Snoopy just seems very pricey indeed.

I had my chance some years ago and blew it. Don't think l'd pay the current asking price.

A rare thing for me - a genuine regret...

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The obvious thought.....given those prices for a Snoopy, what will happen to the price of the 'speedy Tuesday' ? I am one if the many TZ people who got their name down....thanks to the early tip-off from a forum member. And I would not sell.
    But curiosity does make you wonder what will happen .The Snoopy just seems very pricey indeed.
    With people suggesting that there were 1,800 people on the waiting list then logically a few will find their way to the secondary markets.

I also have a Speedy Tuesday allocated, but would be happy to use it in a trade to get a silver Snoopy back (the second version with white dial).

I received the e-mail direct from Omega so didn't need a heads up, but got caught up in the hype on here.

Totally 100% agree. Losses the appeal for me if it's not a complete set.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I had my chance some years ago and blew it. Don't think l'd pay the current asking price.

A rare thing for me - a genuine regret...
    Much the same here, couldn't justify the extra over a standard Speesmaster. Oops.

Journeyman
    A0p 0

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    With people suggesting that there were 1,800 people on the waiting list then logically a few will find their way to the secondary markets.

I also have a Speedy Tuesday allocated, but would be happy to use it in a trade to get a silver Snoopy back (the second version with white dial).

I received the e-mail direct from Omega so didn't need a heads up, but got caught up in the hype on here.
    There must be nearly 50 LE speedmasters. The only two I can think that are above RRP are the two Snoopys. Don't hold your breath that the Speedy Tuesday will be one that trades above list.

There must be nearly 50 LE speedmasters. The only two I can think that are above RRP are the two Snoopys. Don't hold your breath that the Speedy Tuesday will be one that trades above list.
    Alaska Project and a whole bunch of the really limited ones. I think the Gemini IV generally goes above it's original RRP too.
    Last edited by SteveHarris; 21st January 2017 at 18:05.

Master
    Blog Entries
    True. I never said they were the only two. Just what I could think of off my head. Still I would imagine that there are less than 2% of LE speedys that sell at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Alaska Project and a whole bunch of the really limited ones. I think the Gemini IV generally goes above it's original RRP too.

I think you are right in your point though. After the initial price jump from RRP I'd expect these to settle down around their list price. Depends on how much pent up demand there is for the reverse panda look though I suppose. I'd heard that the waiting list is now over 8,000 long but that might just be an AD gossiping and getting a bit carried away.

Steve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic-...AAAOSwL7VWtTqA

This gives you an idea. The case back and dial can be bought for 700 pound. The missing set would 100% put me off. Otherwise buy a speedmaster buy the dial buy the case back and save 3000 pound
    Thanks. I do have a Speedmaster Snoopy but don't recall ever getting the car sticker.

https://www.watches.co.uk/omega-spee..._string=snoopy

Also never seen a Snoopy caseback (numbered) for sale.

True. I never said they were the only two. Just what I could think of off my head. Still I would imagine that there are less than 2% of LE speedys that sell at a premium.
    Agreed, just wishful thinking on my part. I will probably drop off the list when the time to commit arrives. It just doesn't do much for me. I would have preferred a true panda with white dial and Black Sub dials, but I guess that wasn't the point of the issue.

You never know Ken. You could always list it straight up on SC for someone.

Steve

A lot are above their original RRP, especially the older ones, today the cost of a new Speedmaster Professional is more than some of those limited editions at the time of their release.
    Last edited by christech81; 21st January 2017 at 18:32.

Once you take inflation in to account, I wonder how many have actually increased in value?

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It is an obvious thought but rational, I suspect that there are a few carpet baggers signed up, last years Snoopy really exploded in the market with high demand and took the value of other limited editions up with it too.

Once you take inflation in to account, I wonder how many have actually increased in value?
    Quick search tonight for sale (not sold) prices on Chrono24 and a few pre-owned sites are leading me to believe quite a lot! Even the Apollo 17 40th Anniversary, a watch that I've wanted (at the right price) is coming up at £4K (close to its £4550 rrp)
    Last edited by christech81; 21st January 2017 at 22:14.

All this talk of Speedy Pros...Here is my birth year watch!!

[/URL]