closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacuum cleaner recommendation

Sebo Repair

The repair on my Sebo was very quick. It was only gone two days and came back in a new box and fitted with a fresh bag, but it was still a costly repair for a broken wheel even without labour charges. My local Euronics would have done the repair for the cost of the parts but they couldn't guarantee that if they opened it that the repair wouldn't invalidate the warranty.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 11th September 2017 at 11:25.

As an update. After sucking up a cat toy with my now rather aged Sebo, I pulled it apart as it’s designed to do to recover said cat toy, I ended up braking a clip holding the upright part to the base. I got online, found the clip, it arrived two days later; despite me not being a vacuum engineer, I fitted the new clip (after breaking it down I’m even more convinced this is built like a tank), it’s now as good as new. By comparison our Bosch vac recently went wrong which is half the age of our Sebo and I cannot get spares. It seems our Sebo is pretty much indestructible, cleans superbly, repairable and beyond compare. If mine ever dies I’d buy another in a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Our Sebo is now about 5 years old and has not missed a beat. Hard to imagine something out there that would do a better job for the money and feels built to last

We have a Sebo K1 Pet now after many dysons. It's been very good despite a small recurring issue with a pin going missing in the wand adjustment button every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    At my office, which is the only place I use a vacuum cleaner, its a Henry.

It sucks up everything, including brick rubble.

Master
    Our cleaner has just gone from a Henry to a Shark. Unbelievable what it picked up from what had been hoovered with a Dyson the week before. When our Dyson packs up will definitely look at a Shark

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Our cleaner has just gone from a Henry to a Shark. Unbelievable what it picked up from what had been hoovered with a Dyson the week before. When our Dyson packs up will definitely look at a Shark
    Whats a Shark?
    Do you have a link?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Whats a Shark?
    Do you have a link?
    Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    That's better!

Miele here too, not sure about the last forever, but a good 10yrs was had from the last Cat & Dog.

A far cry from the Bosch Athlet we bought to compliment the replacement Miele.

Just over year, so far the switch has gone, it squeals like a pig on anything other than hard floors, the neck is cracked, the battery doesn;t last even close to the claims ( though was better when newer of course ) and the handle just broke off in my wifes hand yesterday.

I have biught a new handle, because its still useful for that quick cleanup, but never again will a buy a Bosch vacuum.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Henry

Master
    Shark lift away. Had a few vax but the shark is amazing. Amazing suction, lights on the front, lift away feature is incredible and it’s quiet.

Craftsman
    we have a henry, sebo and a cordless bosch.....all great for individual needs

Journeyman
    we never had much luck with dyson cleaners. But have found a henry really good especially with the turbo brush. Cannot comment on sebo.
    john

Apprentice
    I'll chime in with a Miele as well. It was the most expensive vacuum I ever bought ($600) but I think it's worth every penny. Bags are easy to purchase (Amazon!) and the thing is just bomb proof.

Like anything you'll need to make sure you do basic maintenance (clean filters, clean brush) but this vacuum made me feel like I had transitioned from a college boy pretending to clean, to a man who owns a clean and maintained house.

I bought a miele c2 cat and dog sheet reading this thread. Only a few months in but happy so far, still on the first bag too.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    I bought a miele c2 cat and dog sheet reading this thread. Only a few months in but happy so far, still on the first bag too.
    Got one of these last week from John Lewis and the performance is much better than our previous 2 (Panasonic and Vax).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Vacuum cleaner recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Are the bags re-usable, bags much bigger than other cleaners or your house doesn’t have dirt?

No shoes inside, hard floors downstairs, and a relatively small house all contribute. The bags aren't particularly big.

Craftsman
    We've had several Dysons. Generally, I've been pleased. If anything has gone wrong, Dyson has sent out a part or engineer. pronto.

But, I noticed when purchasing the last machine, that Dyson has reduced its warranty from 5 years to 2 years.

There no consumer-friendly reason for doing this so I'll be switching brands next time.

Craftsman
    I use a Henry. Excellent suction power but obviously requires the bag to be changed periodically.

Master
    My sebo continues to be faultless

Sebo for the last 15 years.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

My Mum has a Sebo, I find it okay but she and Mrs K find it rather heavy and awkward. Something to consider if elderly or perhaps slight.

Master
    Henry in Garage 1
    Panasonic in Garage 2
    Cordless Dyson v7 and big plug in Dyson thing in the house.

Henry is good for the cars and I haven't broken it yet

I note that our office cleaning company uses Henry/Henrietta (Hetty?) exclusively so they must be reliable

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    My sebo continues to be faultless
    Ours remains faultless too. Must be 15yrs old now bought off E bay for £79, think it was a catalogue return.

Craftsman
    We had a Henry. Very good. We then bought a Miele cat and dog. Also very good. The trouble with both was that they were bulky to drag about and carry/clean the stairs. We still have both up in the loft waiting for the kids to claim them as we now have a Dyson V10 absolute cordless and it is as good as both the Henry and the Miele but a lot easier, quicker and lighter to use.
    Last edited by Motman; 23rd November 2018 at 08:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    We had a Henry. Very good. We then bought a Miele cat and dog. Also very good. The trouble with both was that they were bulky to drag about and carry/clean the stairs. We still have both up in the loft waiting for the kids to claim them as we now have a Dyson V10 absolute cordless and it is as good as both the Henry and the Miele but a lot easier, quicker and lighter to use.
    Was thinking of the V10 myself. Can’t see any discounts yet so will wait.

Master
    Anything out there as good as the V10 cordless wise.
    Got the 6 or 7 & been excellent, just needs a bigger bin & longer battery life to be perfect, hence V10 question.

Sebo 100%

Craftsman
    We have a Sebo X4 pet thing. Very powerful and a robust machine.

However I find it very unstable due to the design of the sole plate. It will tip and fall if anything less than vertical. I've been wacked on the head by it more times than I can remember (probably the concussion!)

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Meile are the best and last for ever

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Deffo with that 10 years trouble free

Craftsman
    Henry. Our cleaner made us buy one and refuses to use anything else! We have the eco model with reusable bags (or it might just be coloured green) and an extra turbo button... Or something..... errrr.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I picked up a Eufy 30C on Black Friday with around £90 off. It’s for picking up dog and cat hair from the hard floor. You can name it in the app, I named mine Natalie 2.0, how SWMBO laughed :( It seems to be doing quite well, not a full replacement for the Dyson we have, more a daily maintenance tool that takes zero effort apart from making sure there are no trailing wires. It lives under the couch so nice and discreet.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Anything out there as good as the V10 cordless wise.
    Got the 6 or 7 & been excellent, just needs a bigger bin & longer battery life to be perfect, hence V10 question.
    I’ve just bought a v7, my first Dyson, didn’t think I would ever buy one, but have to say it’s great, only negative is the charging point, the holder is not great design at all, seems an after thought.

I was thinking on the v10 but after reading this, the extra £250 didn’t seem worth it. Glad I got the v7.

Bigger waste bin...I empty after each clean as it’s so easy, better battery...only 4 mins extra on boost, slightly worse design too, it’s larger and heavier and have to remove the tube to empty.
    The v7 cleans great, so yeah 50% extra power sound good but not sure if I would have seen much improvement o. The v7.
    https://www.smartvacuums.co.uk/dyson-v7-vs-v10/

worth getting the extra insurance, I paid £38 for 2 extra years, so 4 in total.
    Last edited by jegger; 1st December 2018 at 09:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    We bought the V10 Absolute just over a month ago through John Lewis. Paid full price as I couldn’t find a discount anywhere and an extra £15 for an additional 2 years cover, including accidental damage.

It’s been a revelation, very light and convenient and cleans very well. In fact I haven’t had to use it on anything other than its lowest power setting yet. Can’t see myself going back to a corded cleaner again.

I just got the wife a Dyson Lightball.

I've even used myself once, but only out of curiosity. Seems very good.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I just got the wife a Dyson Lightball.

I've even used myself once, but only out of curiosity. Seems very good.
    Got mine some roses.