closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VAG emissions scandal- anyone joined the legal action ?

benwoodroffe

VAG emissions scandal- anyone joined the legal action ?

Is anybody partaking in the emissions legal action ?

http://www.vwemissionsaction.com/

Hadn't given it a moments thought, as yet, TBH.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

benwoodroffe
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanhmod View Post
    Hadn't given it a moments thought, as yet, TBH.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk
    I hadn't either until a colleague mentioned it today, it seems to be gathering pace.

I'll be on it

Sold my affected TT before xmas

Just need my vin number from the dealer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Sold my affected TT before xmas

Just need my vin number from the dealer
    Slightly OT bit did this issue affect resale value?

About time somebody rounded up a posse against VW in the UK - the USA is already well down the compensation route, but in the less litigatious UK they seem to feel it's a case of 'we will fix it FOC' will suffice.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    About time somebody rounded up a posse against VW in the UK - the USA is already well down the compensation route, but in the less litigatious UK they seem to feel it's a case of 'we will fix it FOC' will suffice.
    Apparently they are getting $8000 per person in the US

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Apparently they are getting $8000 per person in the US
    Where do I sign?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Blog Entries
    What exactly do people want compensating for? They were all quite happily driving round until someone pointed out the scam.

Grand Master
    anyone else click this thread title thinking it was a boys room thread? no?

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Can someone explain what the compensation is actually for......I don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Can someone explain what the compensation is actually for......I don't get it?
    Some people have had their feelings hurt, and the greenies amongst them will be worrying about all the baby seals and rabbits that will be dying as a result.
    It's somebody's fault.
    They must be made an example of....so that it will never ever, ever happen again.
    Ever.

PS....the chancers will want a slice of the action too don't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Some people have had their feelings hurt, and the greenies amongst them will be worrying about all the baby seals and rabbits that will be dying as a result.
    It's somebody's fault.
    They must be made an example of....so that it will never ever, ever happen again.
    Ever.

PS....the chancers will want a slice of the action too don't forget.
    As I thought...thanks

Craftsman
    Unfortunately mines a 2.5 litre diesel from 2005.

Do you have to own a VW, or just be offended by seeing one on the street to join in?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Ouch! What about all the people who boasted on forums about their remapped/chip-tuned diesel. Put down a lot money and now no compensation!

Seriously? Why?

I've had 3 Audi's that were likely to be affected (a TT, an A5 cab and an A5 coupe). But I enjoyed the cars and didn't even know. Will I be submitting a claim? No chance. For what actual reason would it be valid?

This horrible claim culture we live in.....

Whilst I have a VW, it's not in the process.

I understand why people are saying WTF, but for some people the buying of a new VW has many considerations - including fuel economy, emissions (which affect excise duty) and for some these issues are important. For those principled people the 'fob off' is probably a huge irritation and they feel the need to seek recompense.

The majority will be jumping on the bandwagon for some compo cos they can.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 18th January 2017 at 21:49.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Do you have to own a VW, or just be offended by seeing one on the street to join in?

:)

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Seriously? Why?

I've had 3 Audi's that were likely to be affected (a TT, an A5 cab and an A5 coupe). But I enjoyed the cars and didn't even know. Will I be submitting a claim? No chance. For what actual reason would it be valid?

This horrible claim culture we live in.....
    What actual reason?

Well, for many this will have had a significant impact on the resale value of their car.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops365 View Post
    What actual reason?

Well, for many this will have had a significant impact on the resale value of their car.
    Is this not the car sales industry using the situation to their advantage (profit)?.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    What exactly do people want compensating for? They were all quite happily driving round until someone pointed out the scam.
    This! Why this litigation? I know the software rigged the emissions but how did this affect ownership? The cars weren't running on pixie dust and cost the same to manufacture as other cars so why were/are people aggrieved? I notice Fiat/Chrysler are now involved.

Master
    Interesting to see the difference in attitudes on this thread and the airline delayed compensation thread.
    On here it's indignation that someone may make a claim for a car that could be worth less due to the scandal, but over on the other thread it's great that people can make a claim for more than the cost of the ticket due to a delay that happened years ago !

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    +1...... I fail to see whete the problem lies. The only potential downside for owners is if the secondhand values fall as a result, and I don't see this happening. Bloody lawyers jumping on the bandwagon as usual.

Provided the vehicles pass MOT emission tests OK I can't see any reason to get upset. My advice to those who moan about the adverse effects of emissions is simple: use your cars less, walk more you lazy twats.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Interesting to see the difference in attitudes on this thread and the airline delayed compensation thread.
    On here it's indignation that someone may make a claim for a car that could be worth less due to the scandal, but over on the other thread it's great that people can make a claim for more than the cost of the ticket due to a delay that happened years ago !
    Resale values haven't been knocked due to it though.....a simple fix anyway and back to normal. If you've had to wait 12hrs in a airport for no fault of your own then why shouldn't you be compensated. The scandal with VW hasn't really impacted the user has it.....no loss of power probably no loss of mpg, driving around blissfully unaware.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 18th January 2017 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    This! Why this litigation? I know the software rigged the emissions but ....
    ...bu...bu...but but but...I wanna have me some compo bro...is'n it?....'cause I has been made to drive around in somthing that will be killing the planet.
    Besides...I fancy me another holiday...and me credit card be stacked...ok?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    ...bu...bu...but but but...I wanna have me some compo bro...is'n it?....'cause I has been made to drive around in somthing that will be killing the planet.
    Besides...I fancy me another holiday...and me credit card be stacked...ok?
    moronic

Greed pure and simple. Anybody who had informed themselves over the last decade would not have bought diesel because it was better for the environment. They were bought because they were cheaper to run if you did big mileage. They fully delivered on this claim.
    What people don't realise is the compo culture actually hits them in the pocket every day. For every one person who wins 100 people lose, as I said, pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by genesos View Post
    Ironic
    Fixed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Resale values haven't been knocked due to it though.....a simple fix anyway and back to normal. If you've had to wait 12hrs in a airport for no fault of your own then why shouldn't you be compensated. The scandal with VW hasn't really impacted the user has it.....no loss of power probably no loss of mpg, driving around blissfully unaware.
    Yes, but if I had to wait 12 hours in an airport A FEW YEARS AGO, I couldn't care less about it now. The point is, anyone claiming NOW for a delay a few years ago, is purely after a bit of money, just like anyone claiming against VW.

Craftsman
    No, but I have lost faith with VW. I've been waiting for their local dealer JCT600 to pay a £1200 goodwill offer made via VW Customer Services since October. They now state they don't have the facilities to comply.

This is not related to emissions but to known issue with their Diesel engines which cost £2500 to resolve.
    Last edited by MonkeyBoy; 19th January 2017 at 09:10. Reason: Not emissions related

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy View Post
    No, but I have lost faith with VW. I've been waiting for their local dealer JCT600 to pay a £1200 goodwill offer made via VW Customer Services since October. They now state they don't have the facilities to comply.
    Yeh that loss of faith is worth at least £3000.

Master
    It's amazing how the hurt/offended/complaining individual can be soothed by throwing money at them. Money... a nice warm comforter.

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    It's amazing how the hurt/offended/complaining individual can be soothed by throwing money at them. Money... a nice warm comforter.
    Ive lost faith in the elastic around my kacks, think I'm gonna stick in a compo claim to Marks and Sparks for a few grand.

Master
    Our Golf didn't get recalled, the Audi did. I took it in, had a coffee and a look at all the shiny new cars and left. No difference to the feel of the car at all.

Compensation for this is a load of rubbish. I won't be pursuing anything for the distress caused of driving a few miles for an hours wait while they played with the software and washed my car inside and out.