closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Resurrecting my kinetic

Craftsman

Resurrecting my kinetic

After years of not using it having bought it new in 2000 I'm resurrecting my kinetic from the dead. I changed the capacitor a long time ago for the newer type but never used it since. Also it takes absolutely ages to get any length of charge in it.
    I've seen the mechanical chargers from the guy in Warrington but after googling around see a Dakota watch REQ charging stand does the trick and is quite cheap.

I've emailed them as I can't find it on their site but as yet have had no reply. Does anyone have one of these or know where to source one from? I have a friend in the US if I can only get one over there.

Or better still anyone want to part with a genuine Seiko charger?

Master
    I had great results with a Phillips triple tea light charger
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ima.../dp/B000JP4M6O

Craftsman
    I feel your pain. I have a lovely early Seiko Kinetic with a blue sunburst dial, but even after a capacitor change it never holds it charge. :(

I have tried a electric toothbrush charger, but that made no difference. It would be nice to getting it working again and have a way of keeping the charge up when not on the wrist.

Who was the guy in Warrington?

Craftsman
    Thought about getting the candle charger and if I couldn't get it to work have candles.

However Dakota have replied and still sell bespoke watch chargers so I'm going to be the guinea pig and order one from the US. Will report back with the results.

The chap in Warrington is this guy ... https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...wA23FzR3YCf4Ag

He has modified mechanical chargers for sale as normal watch winders don't work on kinetics.

My seiko is the 5m42 - 0e30

Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    However Dakota have replied and still sell bespoke watch chargers so I'm going to be the guinea pig and order one from the US. Will report back with the results.
    How did the Dakota work out for you?

(I have quite a few Kinetics and I'm trying to work out the best way to keep them all charged. The (expensive) Seiko charger seems to be discontinued; toothbrush chargers appear to require a lot of trial and error; the candle charger will be my next port of call if you tell me that the Dakota doesn't work...)

My considered response would be just to wear them in rotation. Kinetics don't lend themselves to collections IMO.
    I rate them highly.