closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BLNR on jubilee

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    I think that biggest problem won't be the smartish looks, but the lack of easy-link
    Can you not get them with the flip-lock clasp anymore?

I don’t dislike it but prefer the Oyster
    I think it adds a (I don’t know...) busyness? that grates with the bold looking bezel
    Quite like the Rubber B or Everest options for the sports Rolex range- nice for the summertime

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    Managed to source myself the jubilee bracelet that would fit the BLNR now, but I didn't realise I'd need new spring bars??

The ones on the oyster bracelet are a shave thicker and don't fit through the jubilee bracelet end links...

anyone know what spec spring bars I would need please?
    Hi,
    I know this is an old thread but can you say where you sourced the jubilee from?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by d4v3 View Post
    Hi,
    I know this is an old thread but can you say where you sourced the jubilee from?
    Hi mate, as per pm, these are available from ADs or service centers for £1150 - just ask for the 63600 bracelet from the 116200/116234 Datejust 36

You may need slightly different spring bars - 1.8mm I think

Journeyman

GMT bracelets

Am a big fan of Jubilee bracelet as have 16700 and 16713 with Jubilee. New 62510 Jubilee bracelet for 16700 is £850 from Rolex as I changed it the week of Basel this year but came with short spring bars so worth checking. Kept 93150 Fliplock Oyster it came with just to support my preference for BCL as GMT 16700/16710s also had 78360 and 78790 Oysterlock bracelet options all BCL. Only Basel 2007 saw PCL introduced on the 116710 GMT.

Craftsman
    Another convert here, picked one up from my local AD, £1150 as others have said and 20mm x 1.8mm spring bars (well 1.78mm to be precise). The springbars do not come with the bracelet by the way. Simple enough to fit if you have a steady hand and good gear such as Bergeon etc...

I think it’s a VERY good fit, absolutely no movement at all and no gaps.

In my opinion it suits very well, keeps the dressy look of the PCLs on Oyster but I now have no worries about scratches on the bracelet which really jump out at you.
    Last edited by trainspanner; 29th June 2018 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    Another convert here, picked one up from my local AD, £1150 as others have said and 20mm x 1.8mm spring bars (well 1.78mm to be precise). The springbars do not come with the bracelet by the way. Simple enough to fit if you have a steady hand and good gear such as Bergeon etc...

In my opinion it suits very well, keeps the dressy look of the PCLs on Oyster but I now have no worries about scratches on the bracelet which really jump out at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty cool.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Is it a more comfortable fit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes, it is on my 16710

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Yes, it is on my 16710
    This might have been already addressed but does a 63600 fit a 16750 (with lug holes )?

Maybe a slight retro feel about it?? Looks fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by leahorsfall View Post
    Then....... I have a ss Daytona and it got me thinking.....
    If I were to get a jubilee bracelet to fit my GMT I could try it on my Daytona too:

May have to start looking!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    That looks mega cool

The Jubilee is a classic Rolex design, and IMO looks superb on several models, providing a lovely ‘retro-look’.
    However, some of the later ceramic models do look a bit bulky against it, and I think it suits the 4 or 5-digit models better.

Also a big fan of the rubber straps for certain models. Put a blue Rubber B on a polar Explorer II and was amazed how good it looked and felt. The ABP range of rubber straps also very impressive - better value and wider colour choice. Don’t get ’Natos’ though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post

Looks class that mate !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A bit too busy for my liking but as long as you enjoy it, that’s all that counts!

Looks great in pictures and for a split second I did consider sourcing a jubilee for mine but I have this thing about keeping watches on their original bracelet. I always imagine that taking a bracelet off a new watch for the first time might loosen the fit between case and bracelet (ie it'll never be as perfect a fit as it was before it was removed). I'm sure I'm just being paranoid?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Looks great in pictures and for a split second I did consider sourcing a jubilee for mine but I have this thing about keeping watches on their original bracelet. I always imagine that taking a bracelet off a new watch for the first time might loosen the fit between case and bracelet (ie it'll never be as perfect a fit as it was before it was removed). I'm sure I'm just being paranoid?
    Good point there. Never done it on a Rolex, but on my Speedy 9300 after I took the bracelet off for the first time and swapped it back on later I've noticed it slightly looser than new. Can't be the end links or the lugs so I wonder if it's just the springbars loosening up a bit. First time it came off the bars were tight as hell.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the details on which bracelet to order and spring bars, think i’m going to treat myself to that bracelet for my birthday this year!

Craftsman
    Does anyone know if the 63600 bracelet also fit the no-holes 40mm Explorer II without issue too?
    It's a 20mm lug width, but the case isn't quite as chunky as the BLNR.