closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anti reflective coat removal

Craftsman

Anti reflective coat removal

Anyone ever done it? Or had the coating repaired? I have a couple of watches with sapphire and the AR is marked on the outer face. I'm thinking of trying brasso or the like, it won't mark the sapphire but does the AR come off? I'd rather a clean crystal than a marked AR.

The AR coating can't be repaired(or at least that is what you will be told).There have been a few threads posted on here down the years and success has been had with polywatch and a cotton bud.

The only experience I have had was with an Omega PO and that required a new glass.

Anti reflective coat removal

Hi
    Use 0.5 Diamond grit polishing paste, and a soft mop on a dremmel tool,and it will remove the coating, without damaging the glass.

Mike

Craftsman
    Thanks I was thinking of brasso on a rag like you polish acrylic. I do have a dremmel though. The way I see it if I'm replacing the crystal anyway then there's nothing to loose. Just need to remove or protect the bezel inserts.

Craftsman
    Autosol does the job too.

Master
    I've taken some off by accident using cape cod to polish a bezel, sadly it worked really well.

Journeyman
    Had some success with toothpaste.

Most watches with AR are double sided anyway so if you remove the outer coating you will still get the benefit of the inner one anyway

Good Lord, you've reminded me it's over 10 years since I did this ! Sorry about the pics being gone, victims to a Photobucket reorganization I did. http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...hlight=Dremmel
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Nice work. I have decided one watch will be done not two for now but pictures and more words will follow :)