closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pam 655

Pam 655

Hi all,

I just wanted to get some advice on a potential swap deal that I am considering at the moment. I am thinking of swapping my Rolex SubC date (2016) for the white face Radiomir ref: 655 (2016). Both are full sets.

I really like the Pam but my SubC is my main wearer at the moment. Am I completely mad to consider doing this? Any thoughts/advice would be extremely welcome?

Thanks

Andyc

Master
    Yes completely bonkers.
    Swapping out your main daily wearer (which translates to the watch you like the most) for something you are not 100% on is not a good way to go.
    Never mind that Rolex hold value whereas white faced Panerai tend not to (at all)....

Master
    Blog Entries
    To play devils advocate you probably would struggle to buy a 655 for what you sell your sub. Its a fairly new watch with not many about.

Personally, no.

The Sub C will always have it's appeal.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    No way i would make this deal. A daily wearer, you should keep it.

Master
    You already know the answer, in terms of boring old 'common sense'. However ,I swapped a new Sub C for a Cellini and never regretted it for a moment. Liberate yourself; do what you want, forget that grim 'resale value is everything' ethos. It is a hobby, not a commodity exchange.The sole point is to enjoy yourself.
    So, if you want a different watch, go with it. Follow your heart not your head.

- - - Updated - - -

You already know the answer, in terms of boring old 'common sense'. However ,I swapped a new Sub C for a Cellini and never regretted it for a moment. Liberate yourself; do what you want, forget that grim 'resale value is everything' ethos. It is a hobby, not a commodity exchange.The sole point is to enjoy yourself.
    So, if you want a different watch, go with it. Follow your heart not your head.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    No. Emphatically.

Think of the heart as occasionally being a giver of wonderful things while being equally capable of being a drunken mess playing roulette in vegas.

Thanks for all the messages and advice. I have decided it would be complete madness to go through with this so I am sticking with my SubC.

I think this was definitely a case of impulse over reason and something I would later regret doing....!

Andyc

Quote Originally Posted by Andyc319 View Post
    Thanks for all the messages and advice. I have decided it would be complete madness to go through with this so I am sticking with my SubC.

I think this was definitely a case of impulse over reason and something I would later regret doing....!

Andyc
    Sensible, congrats on getting through that.