closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049 trailer

Master
    God I hope they dont mess this up. Bladerunner is one of the greatest movies ever made so wont be easy to do it justice!!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
    Time to die."

Seems to be roll-out-a-relic time for Harrison Ford. We've had old man Ford in Star Wars, Indiana Jones and now Bladerunner reboots ....what's next?

The trailer looks good though :)

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    God I hope they dont mess this up. Bladerunner is one of the greatest movies ever made so wont be easy to do it justice!!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
    Time to die."
    Fanstastic. Could've been cheesey-as-hell, but Rutger Hauer made it a classic movie line.

They managed to mess up the first version of Bladerunner, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, I'm afraid.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    They managed to mess up the first version of Bladerunner, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, I'm afraid.
    Ah, but the Ultimate Directors Special Extended Not-extended Cut Version will be out later (probably in 2049) to turn it into a classic...

Exactly!

I also hope this will be good, but another trailer 6 months before the release?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    Fanstastic. Could've been cheesey-as-hell, but Rutger Hauer made it a classic movie line.
    Indeed, and if I recall correctly he improvised the lines as well.

If the new film is set in 2049 and features Deckard then that would point to him not being a replicant?

Craftsman
    The trailer looks good, I just hope that the soundtrack is up to the Vangelis original

Master
    bah, that was a teaser, not a trailer! Does anyone know if Edward James Olmos is getting rolled out too? He's not currently listed on IMDB as being part of the cast... and I'm assuming the script isn't the Blade Runner 2 novel which would have Gaff as being dead?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Indeed, and if I recall correctly he improvised the lines as well.

If the new film is set in 2049 and features Deckard then that would point to him not being a replicant?
    its already been confirmed he was a replicant, maybe he just didnt have an expiry date.

and I cant wait for this, not a fan of Ryan Gosling, but I will give him a chance in this.

Despite thinking that they should have left it alone I have to admit that this looks good

I like the use of the music. Brings back memories and a tinge of sadness as it does whenever I hear Vangelis at the beginning of the original.

Master
    I'm struggling to see how this will be anything other than an unmitigated POS.

Rob.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smashie View Post
    I also hope this will be good, but another trailer 6 months before the release?

The date is in american format, so actually 10 months before the release!

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Despite thinking that they should have left it alone I have to admit that this looks good
    I agree.... I'm very anti doing this but resigned it's going to happen... but...with Sicario and apparently Arrival also being excellent (not seen it yet) and with Scott's backing then Denis Villeneuve is about the best choice for director they could have made if they have to....

like the trailer....

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    The date is in american format, so actually 10 months before the release!
    So that's even worse then!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    its already been confirmed he was a replicant, maybe he just didnt have an expiry date.
    Nah , Bladerunner is all about ambiguity over what consistutes being human and whether its even relevant to differentiate.

Just because old ridders said Deckard was a replicant year after the fact doesn't mean he wasn't just stirring the pot more.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Nah , Bladerunner is all about ambiguity over what consistutes being human and whether its even relevant to differentiate.

Just because old ridders said Deckard was a replicant year after the fact doesn't mean he wasn't just stirring the pot more.
    yes totally, the whole crutch of the film was about what is human?, more human than human?

funny to think Roy and Pris are only just coming up on 1 years of age.

Fas est ab hoste doceri

I just hope they dont do a Mad Max or Total Recall on it.....

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    God I hope you`re right. They were bad, proper bad

Master
    Roger Deacons is the dop.
    Probably the best dop in the entire history of humanity.

Dennis Villeneuve director (not made a bad film)

Excellent cast.

Trailer looks like Syd Mead's unused concept work from the original film and his visual futurism generally.

Suspect it will be good and solid but probably will disappoint regardless. I doubt anything could compare to the closing scenes in Bladerunner.

Master
    I really hope they have Rutger Hauer in it. As he is now ... not made young.

Agreed - the original is possibly my all time favourite movie.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    God I hope you`re right. They were bad, proper bad
    The Total Recall remake was a joke. It was originally a spec script with nothing to do with the original movie .

They just stuck Total Recall inyo the title and crowbarred some list memory double agent crap in.

Total waste of time. I know people who soent at least a year of their life doing top notch vfx work on it only for the film to be craaaap. Been there myself but it never gets old.

Craftsman
    One of my favourite films.

And I had no idea they were doing this- will look forward to seeing it!

I'm prepared to be disappointed, even if it's a decent film in it's own right I doubt it could be as good as the original.

Blog Entries

Do a mad max?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Do a mad max?

I think he means he doesn't want it to be bloody awesome like the Mad Max remake!!

Blog Entries
    Haha yes I'm inclined to agree that both total recall and fury road were awful. I'm a massive Arnold total recall fan and mad max trilogy fan in particular the first two.

What was it that people didn't like ?? I just thought it was too thunderdomish and dare I say it for a mad max film over the top

I think he means he doesn't want it to be bloody awesome like the Mad Max remake!!

Not quite. The remake was fun in a way but was not a patch on the original film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    The Total Recall remake was a joke. It was originally a spec script with nothing to do with the original movie .

They just stuck Total Recall inyo the title and crowbarred some list memory double agent crap in.

Total waste of time. I know people who soent at least a year of their life doing top notch vfx work on it only for the film to be craaaap. Been there myself but it never gets old.
    We Can't Remake it for you Wholesale

Master
    Not quite. The remake was fun in a way but was not a patch on the original film.
    We will have to agree to disagree.

For me the original was great and I look back on it with real nostalgia. I think the new one took the whole concept forward and did a fantastic job of that whilst staying true to the original concept.

We will have to agree to disagree.
    That's what makes the world an interesting place ;) Glad you enjoyed it.

Master
    I was a bit disappointed with Fury Road .
    I like Mad Max but totally love Mad Max 2.
    Thunderdome was like a Duran Duran video .

I really wanted that insane dirty thrill ride I got from Mad Max 2 in Fury Road. Unfortunately it never felt hard enough. Was almost like waterworld in feel... lacking savagery , the bad guys in MM and MM2 (wes and humongous) were genuinely scary and you felt they were total barbarians. In Fury Road they come off like grotesque clowns.

Craftsman
    Wow, I totally missed they are making this! I love the original, in all available versions (actually prefer the one with voice over as it was my first).
    I am always worried about these remakes, but given the director and actors involved, I am actually looking forward to it.

As for Fury Road, I absolutely loved it to bits when I first saw it, but upon repeat viewing, I just lost interest in it half way trough .. Original two I could watch any day of a week, but it may be nostalgia kicking in (we pretend Thunderdome was filmed on Earth 78964, so not available in our timeline, right?)

Blog Entries
    New full length trailer... looks promising.

https://youtu.be/gCcx85zbxz4

Probably just a replicant of another movie

Master
    Damn that looks good!

Master
    I don't know now its looking a little too modern. I guess it is set 30 years after the original though. Feels a little light , like its maybe trying too hard.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Can't wait.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bladrunner 2049 Trailer 2

Ho Ho,

I'll reserve judgement as the original is probably my favourite film ever (that and School for Scoundrels!)

Hope they can do it justice.

I like it a lot, so cautious optimism here and hopefully there will be another teaser closer to the release without giving up the whole plot and showing all the best scenes

PS 'clean' version of the second trailer

Last edited by VDG; 14th May 2017 at 13:07.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    No sequel could ever match the revolutionary impact of the original, which still looks amazing today. But setting the bar appropriately, so long as it's not complete insult to the original, it's exciting to see more of the Blade Runner world. They've clearly made an attempt to throw the right talent at it, and Ridley Scott overseeing it is reassuring, though it's not a guarantee of recapturing the magic. It will be hard to live up to the music too, it's such a great soundtrack (and a great choice when for driving in the rain at night!).

Some shots in the new trailer really catch the feel. I'm slightly missing the dense texture in the art direction, the shots look emptier compared the original with its almost fractal levels of detail in every shot. I really hope it will catch the crucial atmosphere of the original. But at the same time, it shouldn't just be a copy if it's to have any integrity and add something. Fingers very much crossed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    No sequel could ever match the revolutionary impact of the original, which still looks amazing today. But setting the bar appropriately, so long as it's not complete insult to the original, it's exciting to see more of the Blade Runner world. They've clearly made an attempt to throw the right talent at it, and Ridley Scott overseeing it is reassuring, though it's not a guarantee of recapturing the magic. It will be hard to live up to the music too, it's such a great soundtrack (and a great choice when for driving in the rain at night!).

Some shots in the new trailer really catch the feel. I'm slightly missing the dense texture in the art direction, the shots look emptier compared the original with its almost fractal levels of detail in every shot. I really hope it will catch the crucial atmosphere of the original. But at the same time, it shouldn't just be a copy if it's to have any integrity and add something. Fingers very much crossed.
    could not have said it better myself, for me it was 'the' movie that changed everything for me, for many others if was Space Odyssey. From the trailer things seem earily familiar, with a Tyrel character, and another Rachael.

I would love to have seen Deckard coming out from the shadows with Rachael in the scene with Gosling, but hey maybe she will.

dont know if any of you have seen this, the Hero gun.

Last edited by soundood; 14th May 2017 at 14:21.