closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Canada Goose Selkirk @ CostCo Watford

Canada Goose Selkirk @ CostCo Watford

I was in Costco's weatford depot earlier and they have some Canada Goose Selkirk parka's in XL size, black in colour. £600 inc. VAT

Just in case someone wants one.

Fish

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up. Might pop in there tomorrow.

Craftsman
    too common these days and lets face it the weather in UK doesnt really get cold enough to warrant one in most places

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    too common these days and lets face it the weather in UK doesnt really get cold enough to warrant one in most places
    i think there must be a lot of fakes around because i couldn’t wear mine below 2º, there was somebody on the tube yesterday with theirs done right up and they were not even sweating!
    i think if you are a chav then having spent a lot of money on a jacket then you want to be seen wearing it whatever the weather so you can garner respect from your peers. absolute madness.

Living in Edinburgh I can assure you it does get cold enough, roughly three days a week!

Blog Entries
    Mine is fine this time of the year on cold days with just a tshirt under.

Best footie coat ever.

Craftsman
    I managed to pick up a maitland parka yesterday for £472! Bought a jacket from snow and rock on Black Friday (reduced from 190 to 120) and they didn't have enough stock to complete the order so offered me the same discount (37%) on any jacket they sell! Well chuffed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Best footie coat ever.
    Bit pricey for a footy coat though?

Master
    Wow- did I read the price right - you could buy a nice watch for that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Bit pricey for a footy coat though?
    I bagged my expedition a few years back in the sales at Philip Browne's in Norwich who I know very well. Long story but they were £750 back then and they did it 50% off to shift the last of that seasons. Still a lot, but a bargain and worth keeping an eye on them when the sales arrive.

Pitch

Red face Canada Goose apparel - the new 'Stone Island' it seems...

...and not really something designed for the weather in the UK. Even Scotland. :)

I saw a 'well-heeled' chavette wearing one in a West London shopping centre last Christmas.
    Last edited by The Hack; 20th December 2016 at 08:16.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Living in Edinburgh I can assure you it does get cold enough, roughly three days a week!
    In the height of summer
    RIAC

Another quality brand ruined by fashion and chavs.

Craftsman
    Very high quality jackets , but far to hot for this climate .They are designed for standing aboot in Edmonton or Winnipeg at minus 20 . I know a few people that own genuine ones and they hardly ever wear them and when they do complain it's to warm

Craftsman
    prefer the woolrich parkas..

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Another quality brand ruined by fashion and chavs.
    Totally agree with this. An indicator of chav level being reached is when it is stocked in the Cruise store in Glasgow, alongside some of the most hideous and trashy big logo, high price must have Ned-wear.

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    prefer the woolrich parkas..
    Completely agree. Love my artic parka. Just a shame it's not cold enough to wear that often over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Totally agree with this. An indicator of chav level being reached is when it is stocked in the Cruise store in Glasgow, alongside some of the most hideous and trashy big logo, high price must have Ned-wear.
    Cruise are owned by Sports Direct. Says it all. We've got one in Derby and it's a terrible shop nowadays.

In view of our warming winters you'll get better value out of one of these M1909 parkas at about 1/4 the price on ebay..

Ive got a Lodge hoodie perfect for the UK winter climate and already mentioned a great football coat. (Watching-not to play in obviously!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolian View Post
    In view of our warming winters you'll get better value out of one of these M1909 parkas at about 1/4 the price on ebay..

I've had about six of those all told, including the rare white one.
    I think I've still got one somewhere.
    Have you ever tried wearing one?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I've had about six of those all told, including the rare white one.
    I think I've still got one somewhere.
    Have you ever tried wearing one?
    I have. Only ever over a teeshirt and in subzero temperatures. I once wore it in London on a particularly cold day and nearly fainted on the underground.

The problem with them is the space they take up. I keep mine in a large box in the loft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolian View Post
    I have. Only ever over a teeshirt and in subzero temperatures. I once wore it in London on a particularly cold day and nearly fainted on the underground.

The problem with them is the space they take up. I keep mine in a large box in the loft.
    I find the problem is the sheer weight and the stiffness.
    God knows how youre meant to fight off Johnny Russkie wearing that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Completely agree. Love my artic parka. Just a shame it's not cold enough to wear that often over here.

I wear my arctic anorak (shorter version of the parka) quite a lot in the winter including today actually. By contrast looking at this thread, reminds me that I haven't actually worn my CG Expedition since I moved to London as it hasn't been cold enough-almost was walking to work a few weeks ago but not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    i think there must be a lot of fakes around because i couldn’t wear mine below 2º, there was somebody on the tube yesterday with theirs done right up and they were not even sweating!
    I have been looking for a Canada Goose coat recently, and I would suggest that at least 95% of the CG items advertised on eBay are fake. I think that there are probably less fake Rolexes around than fake CG coats :-)

(Yes, I did mage to get a - genuine - one at a decent price, mostly through doing lots of research on both the coats and the seller. Haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, though.)

I was out shopping last weekend and saw people wearing CG coats. Now I feel the cold very easily and wore a fairly light Barbour coat and was warm enough. The CG wearers must have been cooking and many stores at the heating on full blast.

Master
    Has nobody heard of a zip?!

Too hot, unzip, too cold then do the zip back up? :)

I don't care too much for CG gear, there are enough questions around how they source the coyote fur for the hoods. I know they do faux fur versions as well, but it still puts me off.

That and the wearers that are attracted to it nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I was out shopping last weekend and saw people wearing CG coats. Now I feel the cold very easily and wore a fairly light Barbour coat and was warm enough. The CG wearers must have been cooking and many stores at the heating on full blast.
    99.999% certain that they will have been wearing fakes, and not genuine Canada Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    there are enough questions around how they source the coyote fur for the hoods
    Given that we are talking about down jackets, why would you mention the by-product of dead coyotes (which are regarded as a pest in Canada, and need to be regularly culled), but not the by-product of dead ducks with which the jackets are filled?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    99.999% certain that they will have been wearing fakes, and not genuine Canada Goose.

Given that we are talking about down jackets, why would you mention the by-product of dead coyotes (which are regarded as a pest in Canada, and need to be regularly culled), but not the by-product of dead ducks with which the jackets are filled?
    And I'm talking about never going near a brand that uses coyote fur on their products. If fur comes from humanely culled coyotes (i.e. shot), I'm ok with it, but CG's own website states they buy their coyote fur from licensed trappers, and trapping is something I'm not ok with and don't wish to support.

My choice.
    Last edited by Tooks; 21st December 2016 at 11:04.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post

It's the trapping I have an issue with.

Blog Entries
    The whole too hot for the UK is just nonsense and I am an out doors type.

As I have mentioned above just a t-shirt underneath and the expeditions are fine for cold day and use the zip. Agree that if you see one being worn shopping it is a fake.

I also have a CG hybridge down jacket which again is on hell of a warm jacket that out does any similar Rab, North Face and Moncler ones I have by an absolute mile.

If you eat meat from supermarkets and don't cycle everywhere don't even think of playing ethical card on CG, if a peddling vegan then okay shoot me, humanly though.

Pitch

As I have mentioned above just a t-shirt underneath and the expeditions are fine for cold day and use the zip. Agree that if you see one being worn shopping it is a fake.

I also have a CG hybridge down jacket which again is on hell of a warm jacket that out does any similar Rab, North Face and Moncler ones I have by an absolute mile.

If you eat meat from supermarkets and don't cycle everywhere don't even think of playing ethical card on CG, if a peddling vegan then okay shoot me, humanly though.

Pitch
    The thing is Paul these London types don't know what weather is

Master

Pitch
    I think it's quite possible to eat meat and drive a car whilst still not wishing to patronise a company that supports the trapping of wild animals.

Why can you only criticise CG if you're a cycling vegan? The meat I eat is killed humanely and last time I looked my car wasn't a leg hold trap.

In fairness to CG, they do openly publicise where the fur they use comes from, so as a consumer you can make a choice.

I'm pleased that they also publicise their down jackets are filled with by product from the food industry, and do not come from down farms or live plucked birds.

Your Karma is formulated more by your motivations than your actions

Blog Entries
    I remember in the 90's Henri Lloyd jackets being the chav go to jacket - only certain ones not the huge logo ones -this was after the berghaus/sprayway/ helly Hansen surge