closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 82

Thread: Your favourite "blacked out" watches??

  1. #1

    Your favourite "blacked out" watches??

    Evening,

    Think my next purchase will be a "blacked out" watch, something along the lines of the two below (not necessarily a chrono, but the look.)

    What are your favourites?



  2. #2
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,417
    All I have:



    Better picture (not mine)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,227
    These ones










  4. #4
    My 3 -

    GW-3000, paint splattered and scuffed up...



    Seiko SKX mod



    Damasko DA36 Black


  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    2,133
    IWC 3705. Their best pilot styling, in a normal sized ceramic case.

  6. #6
    Master robcuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Haarlem, NL
    Posts
    2,439
    My Benarus Moray:




    Rob

  7. #7
    +1 for the black Moray!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Master Lammylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,494


    Ceramic cased Ocean 7


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Master ghosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sunny London
    Posts
    2,665

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Driffield, UK
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post


    Ceramic cased Ocean 7


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice... had to go and look that one up. Are these only available direct from 'the states'?

  11. #11
    I like black watches - the Schofield is probably my favourite but depends on where / what I am going /doing.


  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK & Switzerland
    Posts
    728
    Blog Entries
    1
    Speedmaster DSOM looks amazing in reality. Far better than the press pics, in my opinion. Though expensive for what it is!

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    IWC 3705. Their best pilot styling, in a normal sized ceramic case.
    Is that the topgun model... if so I love that watch. I think Jeremy Clarkson wears one though ;)

  15. #15
    Journeyman Caller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    Posts
    173
    II have to say that I love my DSOTM, I'm even treating it to a new strap and clasp for Chrissie! Still looks and feels as it did the day I bought it two and a half years ago. Took this quick snap whilst stuck in traffic a while back.


  16. #16
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,490
    Yes, I would kill for a DSOM...




    ...but I am now settling for this Timex in my retirement!


  17. #17
    Master Ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I like black watches - the Schofield is probably my favourite but depends on where / what I am going /doing.

    All three are lovely, I particularly like the Hublot and Schofield. Stunning!

  18. #18
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    2,220
    I've found black watches look better in pics than when worn. As well as the previously mentioned G-shock I have this:

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    Is that the topgun model... if so I love that watch. I think Jeremy Clarkson wears one though ;)
    No I hate that watch - nazi style hands, big, stupid military tie in. It's IWC at their worst. The 3705 is a normal sized RAF style pilots watch:
    https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...llectors-guide

  20. #20
    Master Lammylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Nice... had to go and look that one up. Are these only available direct from 'the states'?
    Yes, I imported mine direct from Ocean 7, so allow for a bit of import duty and postage. I had the canvas strap made for it in Portugal.

  21. #21
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    13,227
    not exactly "blacked out" but still.....love this one!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  22. #22
    Craftsman Croftrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    623

    A dark, soft spot.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Driffield, UK
    Posts
    3,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Yes, I imported mine direct from Ocean 7, so allow for a bit of import duty and postage. I had the canvas strap made for it in Portugal.
    Thanks... looks nice and the lume seems amazing on their web site!

  24. #24
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    583


    The orange is more vibrant than this poor phone picture shows.

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Sussex, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post

    A dark, soft spot.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Now searching for Lum-Tec!!!

  26. #26
    Master Qatar-wol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Doha, Qatar and Warwick, England
    Posts
    7,888
    Just this one at the moment, but I do like the look of the Breitling Chronospace Evo Nightmission...


  27. #27
    Journeyman Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nantwich England
    Posts
    248
    Just to throw in a couple of Tudors for you to consider.....




  28. #28
    Thanks gents, some crackers on here! Some may require a bit more saving than others! 😬

    I like that black shield 👍

    Love the Schofield also, hand never heard of them before, an interesting British brand.

    Guess the issue (as always) is how long I can resist buying something, thus allowing me enough time to save for the more expensive ones! 😂

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Love this! Although PVD Rolex can be controversial which just goes to show watch collecting is not necessarily black and white



    P.S. apologies for the really bad picture, it's my trademark :)

  30. #30
    Journeyman Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nantwich England
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    Thanks gents, some crackers on here! Some may require a bit more saving than others! 

    I like that black shield 

    Love the Schofield also, hand never heard of them before, an interesting British brand.

    Guess the issue (as always) is how long I can resist buying something, thus allowing me enough time to save for the more expensive ones! 
    The Black Shield is 3370

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    Love this! Although PVD Rolex can be controversial which just goes to show watch collecting is not necessarily black and white



    P.S. apologies for the really bad picture, it's my trademark :)

    No worries 😂 Think the fear of doing that to a Rolex is you may end up flipping it and losing a load, but as you say totally subjective. 👍

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    The Black Shield is 3370
    Thanks 👍 Every "decent" watch seems to start at 3300 nowadays! 🤔

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    No worries  Think the fear of doing that to a Rolex is you may end up flipping it and losing a load, but as you say totally subjective. 
    You're spot on!

    I bought mine from Haywood Milton for less than 4000, with a 2 year mechanical/waterproof warranty... (and 3 people have pm'd me asking for first refusal if I decide to move it on so it seems Id be unlucky to lose anything)

    Whoever bought it new lost a shed load, as according to the brevet+ website they're 10950!

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, Nederland
    Posts
    2,102


    Certainly this Speedmaster!

  34. #34
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,990


    I sold my PVD Broadarrow and bought this lump of darkness!

  35. #35
    Has to be the Bell & Ross Phantom for me:

    Hopefully in 2017.....

  36. #36
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,146
    Wearing this now. Best blacked out watch I've seen by a mile

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,148
    Two that I've previously owned. Regret letting the Bell & Ross go, trying to replace.




  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    Two that I've previously owned. Regret letting the Bell & Ross go, trying to replace.



    What model is that breitling please?

    The b&r is interesting do they come in different colours?

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Wearing this now. Best blacked out watch I've seen by a mile

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    That is stunning! Congrats. It's almost too nice! (Odd I know) but have a speedie and like the more "rugged" look. However yet to see one in the flesh, will have to have a look 👍

  40. #40
    I quite like the look of this new strela


  41. #41
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    What model is that breitling please?

    The b&r is interesting do they come in different colours?
    Breitling Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel Chrono Ltd Ed M73370. Chap on here owns it now.

    The Bell comes in a number of colours. BR02 S.
    Last edited by troymcclure72; 16th December 2016 at 14:31.

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    Breitling Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel Chrono Ltd Ed M73370. Chap on here owns it now.

    The Bell comes in a number of colours. BR02 S.
    Thanks will add to the list! 😂

  43. #43
    Master theoriginaldigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    As far from stupid as possible
    Posts
    1,503

  44. #44
    Craftsman windows95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Aldershot, UK
    Posts
    568


    Like the Timex on camo.

  45. #45
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bucks
    Posts
    343
    Want

    Got

    Is this blackout? Probably not

  46. #46
    Not big into "black" watches but wearing this one today.


  47. #47
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    152
    It depends how blacked out we are talking.
    One of my favorite blacked out watches;

    One of my favorite watches and likely one I'll never own ; (

  48. #48
    Master hhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    3,841

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    All three are lovely, I particularly like the Hublot and Schofield. Stunning!
    Thanks - I wrote a review when I got here if you want to read more.

    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...iew-Very-Black

    Since then it has been completely overhauled by Hublot free of charge !

    I will try to write a review of the Schofield now I have had it a while.

  50. #50
    Master Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,130
    My favourites...




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information