closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling Guitars on ebay

Craftsman

Selling Guitars on ebay

I'm looking to sell a guitar and just wondering what works for the guitar afficionados out there. I will be putting it on Sales Corner but wanted to know about alternatives: eBay, part ex, gumtree, any other options?

I've sold on both ebay and Gumtree. You'll need to have it in a hard shell case for courier if using ebay though. Hard to beat Gumtree where the buyer can come and try before they buy.

Before I stopped playing I regularly bought and sold guitars, banjo's and ukulele's on eBay.

I never had a problem - perhaps I was just lucky?

I was looking at selling my bass but you need a hardshell and that only covers to £100 with most couriers.

With my Jap Fender Jazz I was fortunate enough to be able to meet the buyer at one of the M4 services - this did involve a 150 mile round trip though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I was looking at selling my bass but you need a hardshell and that only covers to £100 with most couriers.
    I've sold far too many basses over the years. Parcel2go is always a good choice for shipping. Additional insurance is generally an extra tenner, so it's generally less than £20 to send a bass, tracked and insured up to a grand.

I bought a Framus 12-string from eBay about 7 years ago. It still stinks of fags now. He must have smoked about 60 a day in a hermetically sealed room for it to smell that bad.

My wife always complains when I take it out of the cupboard to have a strum (fnarr, fnarr). I have thought about selling it but the idea of arranging packing and postage puts me off. I'm just lazy though.

Master
    Try TheFretBoard

I've sold two on eBay. List it as a pick up only item, for the maximum time possible and with a buy it now price. If it fails to sell relist it.

What are you selling?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I wouldn't use eBay for anything too expensive. Stick to p/x, commission sale or a forum with some proper people on it..like this.

PS If you're in the market for a Vintage Jazz let me know

Basschat (Basschat.co.uk) is excellent for those of us with a 4/5 string bias, also has a miscellaneous items sales section where guitars can be bought and sold. Very friendly community, similar to here. Recommended. eBay fees are killing, Gumtree can attract the odd psycho from experience but had more good experiences than bad.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the advice and benefit of your experiences chaps. I'll try it on here first and sort out delivery myself if that doesn't work I'll try something with pick up.
    A couple of individual replies.
    Scrubnut unfortunately the only thing vintage I'm likely to own are my fingers and not in a good way.

Neil C. It'll be my Epiphone les Paul 1960s tribute plus in faded cherry which I got to replace the same in Vintage Sunburst which I busted. (You may remember that thread). however some professional luthier attention and that's back playing better than ever but hasn't as much value in it; With the Gibson recently purchased that makes 3 les Paul which is too many (said no guitarist ever) but the other half does.

Craftsman