timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pimp My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    he wife does talk about converting it into a gym
    Hmmmm, head the wife off at the pass !

To digress slightly, I see you use an air compressor. I'm thinking about going that way and appears 50 litres is sufficient for your average domestic user. Any recommendations/tips on brand of compressor?

I've been looking at SGS Engineering but everything seems to be out of stock

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    To digress slightly, I see you use an air compressor. I'm thinking about going that way and appears 50 litres is sufficient for your average domestic user. Any recommendations/tips on brand of compressor?

I've been looking at SGS Engineering but everything seems to be out of stock
    I bought mine from Machine Mart so have a look online https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/air-compressors/, to be honest I used to use it a lot more but now there are so many decent cordless tools I only use it for doing tyres and blowing dust out of places. For spraying etc its way too small so depends on how you'll use it really

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilo View Post
    Carefully

Just ordered these for the wall

Cheers for the post - been looking for some of these for a while to protect my 911 and 944 :)

I bought mine from Machine Mart so have a look online https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/air-compressors/, to be honest I used to use it a lot more but now there are so many decent cordless tools I only use it for doing tyres and blowing dust out of places. For spraying etc its way too small so depends on how you'll use it really
    Thanks. Probably for taking off wheel nuts, inflating tyres and basic things like that. I might spray the occasional small thing but unlikely to do a full restoration job on a car.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Cheers for the post - been looking for some of these for a while to protect my 911 and 944 :)
    Yes thought smarter than carpet on the wall as spent 4 days painting it
    Bought them off Amazon £10.95 delivered but not got them yet

Love to see a picture of your 911 and 944

Blog Entries
    Had the garage purpose built as part of an extension although the wife does talk about converting it into a gym

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Serious garage envy here!

Mines a simple 6x3 single brick construction - I'd like to use it for an office so was wondering about converting it - something like a stud wall bisecting it midway down, to allow bikes and things near the garage door, then insulation around the walls and a plywood inner wall. Would plywood/plasterboard the ceiling with more insulation and board it for storage.

Would that be the way to go or are there other aspects to consider? Lockdown building dreams!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by poloman View Post
    Serious garage envy here!

Mines a simple 6x3 single brick construction - I'd like to use it for an office so was wondering about converting it - something like a stud wall bisecting it midway down, to allow bikes and things near the garage door, then insulation around the walls and a plywood inner wall. Would plywood/plasterboard the ceiling with more insulation and board it for storage.

Would that be the way to go or are there other aspects to consider? Lockdown building dreams!
    I’m thinking if you do that you won’t have a window in the office, just a door into a box. I wouldn’t be keen to sit in there for x hours per day. Could you consider a garden office as an alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Neilo View Post
    Carefully

Just ordered these for the wall

are they as effective as you hoped?