closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CS Bedfords Ruislip 10/10

Master

CS Bedfords Ruislip 10/10

Thought I'd write a quick review about my dealings with CS Bedfords.....

I've bought and sold to this company over the years and have always found them to be professional, friendly, knowledgable and competively priced. I've just bought my Seamaster 300 Master from them, no pressure selling just good honest advice, definitely refreshing in this day and age. It's a shame there's not more small independents like them as it would make the watch buying experience so more easier and enjoyable.

We only tend to hear when things go wrong when purchasing from dealers so I'd thought I'd give them the thumbs up, I'm no way affiliated with them, just a happy customer once again.........

Master
    Really, really incredible people to deal with. I totally agree.

Master
    Ive never heard anything bad said about them at all, must be doing something right !

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Really, really incredible people to deal with. I totally agree.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've dealt with them for years and have always found them to go above and beyond the normal AD.
    Larger shops and the chain stores could learn a lot from places like this.
    It's a shame that there aren't more of these small, independent AD's but luckily this one's a mere stroll from my front door!

Master
    Congrats on your new purchase and lovely to hear about someone local to me who I hadn't come across previously I'll pop in next time I pass

My local AD, always great to deal with and very knowledgeable.

Master

They probably fly a bit under the radar as they are a small operation, but that's not necessary a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Congrats on your new purchase and lovely to hear about someone local to me who I hadn't come across previously I'll pop in next time I pass

Master
    My sentiments exactly,- I'm not as close as you but still close enough to pop in and spend my hard earned dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I've dealt with them for years and have always found them to go above and beyond the normal AD.
    It's a shame that there aren't more of these small, independent AD's but luckily this one's a mere stroll from my front door!

I happened upon CS Bedfords a few months ago while sussing out Ruislip as a place to move to. I didn't have time to go in so I took a few pictures of the sign with the phone number so I could look online later but before I'd finished a bouncer came out and hassled me about what I was doing. I was with my wife and kids so hardly looked like a potential armed robber but apparently they've been turned over a few times so the guy was a bit wary.

Anyway, I ended up going in for a quick chat and explained what I was into, got a card and left. Ultimately it was all good but I was a bit put out by the initial contact.

They need to sort the website out as well and get some proper pics up in the used section.

Master
    I think they've been robbed three times unfortunately- I'm surprised by the heavy handed approach I've never experienced that. The website is atrocious I agree, I've mentioned the same thing to them a few times, there a bit old fashioned in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I happened upon CS Bedfords a few months ago while sussing out Ruislip as a place to move to. I didn't have time to go in so I took a few pictures of the sign with the phone number so I could look online later but before I'd finished a bouncer came out and hassled me about what I was doing. I was with my wife and kids so hardly looked like a potential armed robber but apparently they've been turned over a few times so the guy was a bit wary.

Anyway, I ended up going in for a quick chat and explained what I was into, got a card and left. Ultimately it was all good but I was a bit put out by the initial contact.

They need to sort the website out as well and get some proper pics up in the used section.

Master
    So strange - I was in Costas in Ruislip yesterday, and I have never even seen their store. I go to Ruislip often as one of my friends owns Dolce Vita there (he used to own Baskin Robbins), so next time, I will certainly go and have a look, as only good things have been said on here about them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    So strange - I was in Costas in Ruislip yesterday, and I have never even seen their store. I go to Ruislip often as one of my friends owns Dolce Vita there (he used to own Baskin Robbins), so next time, I will certainly go and have a look, as only good things have been said on here about them.
    Other end of the high street.

Craftsman
    Blimey! Looks like TZ has a healthy Ruislip chapter.

C S Bedford are my local AD too and I can only agree with others, they are always more than helpful.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

The obligatory bouncer.
    I guess it did look a bit suspect but if you were with the family I hope he was polite. They have been done a couple of times and yes the website is useless.

Master
    Not my closet AD but always gone there- both Rob & Steve know their stuff and are passionate about the business. They just need a gentle prod in the right direction ref the website:-D

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post

C S Bedford are my local AD too and I can only agree with others, they are always more than helpful.

Red face Almost opposite the 'Wimpy'...

:)

Other end of the high street.

Indeed - I'm another Ruislip "dweller" and CS Bedford regular

Master
    The lesson of this is to find a good independent dealer. They live or die by the service they give to their local customers, and they know it.
    For the same reason, I avoid the big chains. Small, family owned businsses every time.Mine is Brufords in Eastbourne. Nice bunch.

Master
    Can only add to the chorus of approval - just don't get Rob talking about Speedmasters...

We're just down the road from each other then! Should catch up for a coffee!

Agree, good bunch, however they did struggle to handle an vintage Omega of mine.

Rob is a great guy to deal with there. Highly recommended.

Master
    Think I should be on commission; I wonder how many extra calls they've been getting........

Apprentice
    Spoke with Rob today really nice guy it seems, I'll be making a visit this weekend to see some of his Tudor's

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Think I should be on commission; I wonder how many extra calls they've been getting........
    Saw him today.
    Two so far!

I'd recommend a Ruislip GTG but I don't fancy getting glassed by an under aged youth in Bar 101...

Master
    Just shows you what a positive review can do- Spoke to Steve earlier and he said he'd had a few calls, fair play to them reap what you sow. I'm sure they'll keep up the good work. Maybe we could organise a meet somewhere a little less dangerous, Slough Maybe............ :-D

Saw him today.
    Two so far!

I'd recommend a Ruislip GTG but I don't fancy getting glassed by an under aged youth in Bar 101...

Master
    Made my first visit there today, and would endorse what has been said above. Lovely people to deal with, and they said lots of really nice things about the 1957 Rolex Turnograph that I took in for some work. Told me to make sure it insured for twice what I had it down for!

Master
    Good to hear- lots of smaller independents fly under the radar, I always prefer to spend my hard earned cash with people like CS Bedfords, service second to none.

Made my first purchase from them last week. An Everest strap for my Sub that ended up £40 cheaper than Blowers had quoted me so I was well chuffed. I hadn't seen this thread prior to parting with my money and can only express that my experience was a positive one too.

from me.

Master
    Can't go wrong dealing with them- virtually the cheapest around and great customer services.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Can only add to the chorus of approval - just don't get Rob talking about Speedmasters...
    Very true, he has great knowledge and always happy to sit and chat for ages.

I was chatting to them for a few months while considering the Tintin they had. I ended up buying on the forum here in the end, but I was more than happy to deal with these guys - highly recommended

Absolutely zero apologies for the thread resurrection, I bought a new Speedmaster in there today and spent an hour chatting to Steve & Rob about watches and astronauts.

Makes a lovely change to go into an AD nowadays and be served by people who clearly love their profession, aren’t pushy and are really friendly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Absolutely zero apologies for the thread resurrection, I bought a new Speedmaster in there today and spent an hour chatting to Steve & Rob about watches and astronauts.

Makes a lovely change to go into an AD nowadays and be served by people who clearly love their profession, aren’t pushy and are really friendly.
    I got my Speedy from Rob last year on the recommendation of 2 members here. I travelled from Maidstone to Ruislip to the store & it was well worth it. Rob & the team made me really welcome & the whole experience was brilliant. Rob showed me some exquisite watches from his collection & it was thoroughly worth the trip. Watches need a story & the day I bought my Speedmaster certainly was a story.

Master
    They've definitely helped quite a few members on here, me included numerous times over the years. I know Steve and Rob quite well, their passion and knowledge for watches knows no bounds.... Now if only they'd sort out their online platform, well, actually I'd prefer them not to otherwise the coffers will be empty :-)

Another Ruislip-dweller checking into this thread.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Is this the right thread to suggest a Ruislip GTG?

Huge fan of these guys too. Bought a ghost datejust from them 3yrs back, based off of a WTB response from this forum. They were extremely pleasant to deal with both in store and post. Would love to buy from them again

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Is this the right thread to suggest a Ruislip GTG?
    Could I invite myself along?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Could I invite myself along?
    We don't like strangers in Ruislip but you and your Speedy are welcome.

Craftsman
    Yip my Grand Seiko and Omega both came from CS Bedfords- no issues at all.

Master
    We don't like strangers in Ruislip but you and your Speedy are welcome.
    I liked Ruislip so much I went back and bought an Aqua Terra for my wife!

Good to hear glowing reviews of a local jeweller. Will be sure to pop in next time I'm in Ruislip and window shop.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Good to hear glowing reviews of a local jeweller. Will be sure to pop in next time I'm in Ruislip and window shop.
    They have a growing number of used watches on display, you'll see my nose print on the window.

Craftsman
    Another happy customer here. Can’t recommend them enough. Both Rob and Steve were brilliant to deal with and we had a lovely chat. I even extended my parking for another hour and I was shown some new arrivals that I hadn’t seen before.

All in all a lovely independent dealer to deal with who’s priority is customer service focused rather than the bottom line. Anyone thinking about a purchase should definitely go see these guys.

Bought my first "big purchase" from these guys. Hugely helpful and knowledgable and a great deal to boot. Couldn't fault them, especially as I had never spent that much on a watch so i was obviously cautious but their advice was excellent and very honest.

Edited
    Last edited by ryanb741; 13th July 2019 at 09:34.

Master
    Born and bred in Ruislip, I can't help but feel a burst of pride at this thread! Behind the identikit 'Metroland' look, a very nice place to live.

I do miss the old Embassy cinema. Long since gone and now replaced by a McDonalds and an Iceland but then that's the tale of high streets all over the land.

I think it was Rob on here that recommended Rob and Steve to me. I spoke to Rob, and he had the black SMPc in stock. There were no problems shipping it to Shetland, which there can be. I only had one complaint, and that was that there was absolutely nothing to complain about!

Good to hear that they also sell GS..

Master
    Wow, lived close to Ruislip for many years and although I must have passed the shop countless times I have never paid attention to it (or realised what they do).

Will be sure to pop in sometime soon! Thank you for the thread.