closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    retail is 13710 I think - why are they selling it for almost retail and not for premium as always?

- - - Updated - - -

which one is that? pic?

Also

Is it just me or have used UK 5712 / 5711 prices jumped again of late

Been watching and we're £25k ish for 5712

Now they look like there £30k on Chrono24

Anyone seen any used and if so what prices being asked ....

Really want a 5712 but not sure there's a bit of a bubble at the moment and cannot get my head around the "over list" premium

Cheers

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    I tried that AP on just today. Its not too bad but a RO without the iconic bracelet is almost a crime

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    Its actually £13750 so retail price. I was down there last Tuesday and looked at that and the Nautilus they had in. Must resist!!!!
    Yes they told me that this is the price they feel is right for the watch?! at the moment. is the market changing re steel PP?

how much did the white dial nautilus go for?

They were doubtless making a profit still and it's an aquanaut, not as desirable as a blue faced nautilus. They carry the real premium.
    If you want a guaranteed investment, have you thought about premium bonds?

Yes they told me that this is the price they feel is right for the watch?! at the moment. is the market changing re steel PP?

how much did the white dial nautilus go for?
    It didn't. I kept it and have been wearing it on special occasions. Glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    They were doubtless making a profit still and it's an aquanaut, not as desirable as a blue faced nautilus. They carry the real premium.
    If you want a guaranteed investment, have you thought about premium bonds?
    Blue dial just up on WC for £24,900, a 2015 piece. So, £6.5k over list.

White dial 5711 relatively easy to get and does not command a premium to the same extent as the blue dialled 5711. 5712 is more difficult to get than white dialled 5711 and commands a premium.
    5167 seems about the same difficulty to get as 5712.

In general terms when looking for these PP models you tend to find better availability at smaller PP dealers out of big cities.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    White dial 5711 relatively easy to get and does not command a premium to the same extent as the blue dialled 5711. 5712 is more difficult to get than white dialled 5711 and commands a premium.
    5167 seems about the same difficulty to get as 5712.

In general terms when looking for these PP models you tend to find better availability at smaller PP dealers out of big cities.
    Seems odd to me, as the white 5711 is so much nicer than the blue. IMHO. The Aquanaut is nice, but is currently getting much reduced wrist time after the 5711's arrival.
    Last edited by Skyman; 20th December 2016 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Blue dial just up on WC for £24,900, a 2015 piece. So, £6.5k over list.
    No argument over a blue dialled Nautilus commanding and getting a premium. OP was talking about an Aquanaut. I rate the Aquanaut but It is not as desirable and that's it.
    The OP's reason for walking away from Duggan's made no sense to me if it was the watch he wanted- unless of course he wants something that won't depreciate ever and for that- don't buy a watch

Craftsman
    Called in to my AD at the weekend to check on progress with the 5711 list that I have been sitting on for a while. Current estimates are now that the 2-3 year wait is now.....6.

Apparently they have received the princely total of one this year and no indication of a flush arriving any time soon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    No argument over a blue dialled Nautilus commanding and getting a premium. OP was talking about an Aquanaut. I rate the Aquanaut but It is not as desirable and that's it.
    The OP's reason for walking away from Duggan's made no sense to me if it was the watch he wanted- unless of course he wants something that won't depreciate ever and for that- don't buy a watch
    Agreed.👍

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plw View Post
    Called in to my AD at the weekend to check on progress with the 5711 list that I have been sitting on for a while. Current estimates are now that the 2-3 year wait is now.....6.

Apparently they have received the princely total of one this year and no indication of a flush arriving any time soon.
    Offer to drop them a meaningful deposit. See how that goes relative to the waiting list. If not, I suggest you look elsewhere in order to get a watch in 2017.

Seems odd to me, as the white 5711 is so much nicer than the blue. IMHO. The Aquanaut is nice, but is currently getting much reduced wrist time after the 5711's arrival.
    People's opinion obviously differ. The market says that the blue dialled 5711 is much more desirable than the white dialled. I would agree. In all my travels I have come across white dialled 5711 in PP ADs many times and been offered discounts on them by a couple of dealers which tends to back up the market desirability. I have never come across a blue dialled 5711 at a PP AD yet although I have just found a dealer expecting one first quarter next year who I got my 5712 from who has indicated I can have it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

People's opinion obviously differ. The market says that the blue dialled 5711 is much more desirable than the white dialled. I would agree. In all my travels I have come across white dialled 5711 in PP ADs many times and been offered discounts on them by a couple of dealers which tends to back up the market desirability. I have never come across a blue dialled 5711 at a PP AD yet although I have just found a dealer expecting one first quarter next year who I got my 5712 from who has indicated I can have it.
    Good luck with that then. I reckon the rose gold 5711 is my next step, or the WG 5130.

I'm thinking about the 5960 next. Annual calendar and a chronograph but still a stainless steel PP. I like it.
    Last edited by jpjsavage; 20th December 2016 at 23:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by plw View Post

I was recently told by my AD that PP are currently producing around 30% fewer watches than last year as they are currently in the process of building a new manufacturing facility and are moving all manufacturing there including dial production.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    Also

Is it just me or have used UK 5712 / 5711 prices jumped again of late

Been watching and we're £25k ish for 5712

Now they look like there £30k on Chrono24

Anyone seen any used and if so what prices being asked ....

Really want a 5712 but not sure there's a bit of a bubble at the moment and cannot get my head around the "over list" premium

Cheers

No bubble I'm afraid checked last time I was in the Boutique, the production is only around 40,000 movements across the range this year and next, waiting lists are over 4 years could be 6 but they had stopped adding names to the list, it's frustrating to say the least, the supply of the steel sports is running low on pre-owned starting at 30K this is going to go north next year.
    Last edited by Fords; 21st December 2016 at 11:23.

Master
    Blog Entries
    5711 on Blowers for 26K - new high???

I'm happy to let mine go for £30k ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'm happy to let mine go for £30k ;)

You can have my 5712 for £29,999.00.

I've just ordered a 5167, so unfortunately can't quite stretch to your 5712 now ;)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've just ordered a 5167, so unfortunately can't quite stretch to your 5712 now ;)
    You really have caught the Patek bug!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    They are addictive. Rightly so.😉

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hopefully get a revised delivery date this week for my 5711 however also find the 5167 very appealing - maybe more consolidation is on the cards this year!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I hopefully get a revised delivery date this week for my 5711 however also find the 5167 very appealing - maybe more consolidation is on the cards this year!!!
    It just keeps on and on. I have just had the offer of a 5712 guaranteed for delivery this year!
    White or blue for the 5711?

Master
    Blog Entries
    It just keeps on and on. I have just had the offer of a 5712 guaranteed for delivery this year!
    White or blue for the 5711?
    I went for blue.

5712 was also on the cards and I was torn between the two, but with 5711 demand appearing to reach even crazier levels then before etc it made more sense, better now then never and all that!

Tempted to put my SS pre ceramic Daytona for sale to go towards an Aquanaut and then save slowly for a few years for a Ceramic Daytona (hopefully things calmed down by then)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I went for blue.

5712 was also on the cards and I was torn between the two, but with 5711 demand appearing to reach even crazier levels then before etc it made more sense, better now then never and all that!

Tempted to put my SS pre ceramic Daytona for sale to go towards an Aquanaut and then save slowly for a few years for a Ceramic Daytona (hopefully things calmed down by then)
    Nice.👍 My 5711 is white - which is my excuse to have a contrasting blue dial in the 5712!

Master
    Blog Entries
    That indeed is a good excuse to have 2 Nautilus :)

Banned
    I was looking at the 5980, but it looked just like my 5712 as did the 5711 and the 5990, so I went for some Rolex everose on leather.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    I was looking at the 5980, but it looked just like my 5712 as did the 5711 and the 5990, so I went for some Rolex everose on leather.
    Daytona?

The 5990 looks a bit messy to me - too much going on.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    If you are looking for commiserations?😜

Banned
    Daytona?

The 5990 looks a bit messy to me - too much going on.

I lined my ducks up and ended up with the Skydweller, I wanted the annual calendar looked at the 5146 as well but the Rolex fitted the bill checked the everose chocolate sundust on bracelet but I needed eye bleach, offered the same on leather it was the perfect match.

If you are looking for commiserations?
    I know, first world.

Last edited by Fords; 12th January 2017 at 20:15.

Its funny all this hype on 5711. I bought the 5167a to keep me going until my blue 5711 came in October and now that I have it, I really don't wear it, I keep going for the 5167A.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cool you have both!! 5167 seems so versatile

Any wrist shots to wet the appetite?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Its funny all this hype on 5711. I bought the 5167a to keep me going until my blue 5711 came in October and now that I have it, I really don't wear it, I keep going for the 5167A.
    Funny, I am the reverse. The Aquanaut stays in the box.

Maybe a little. I always noticed the 5167 first, so it's probably a watch I've always had to try. The price of entry was always a stumbling block, either having the money, or more so spending that much on a steel watch with a rubber strap! But once you get your head around it, I guess it's just the same as going from a £1k Tag to a £5k Rolex.

I still prefer steel sports watches, so maybe it will fill a gap. The number of watches has crept up far too much and maybe I'll offset the 5167 by letting go a few of the others.

There are very few other watches I'm interested in over and above those which I now own, so I could be out of the watch buying game soon ish. Roll on Basel 2017 ;)

Craftsman
    To keep everyone updated on my watch mission. The boutique just offered me the 5164a but I declined.

To keep everyone updated on my watch mission. The boutique just offered me the 5164a but I declined.
    Why?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why?
    An apparently odd decision.

Fairly obvious really - the 5164A is a much less desirable watch that is comparatively easy to source as a result of being less desirable. The 5164A dial is spoiled by the date being on the date subdial which spoils the dial look on the 5164 IMHO.

I get the personal taste if you don't like it. Or if for some reason you only want a watch that most people can't get, but there is always a reason- I wanted to know why.

I hate subdial dates, preferring a window, but most really expensive watches have had them. So clearly lots of people love them.

The 5164 is a great watch. I was tempted to straight swap my 5711 for one, but ultimately preferred the look of the 5711. Maybe I should have swapped and just ordered another 5711.

Master
    Did someone say enable?

Fairly obvious really - the 5164A is a much less desirable watch that is comparatively easy to source as a result of being less desirable. The 5164A dial is spoiled by the date being on the date subdial which spoils the dial look on the 5164 IMHO.
    I find the whole dial to be a bit cluttered, there's a lot going on on there. To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of the aquanaut but was recently stood next to someone on the tube who was wearing the 5167r and was surprised how much I liked it. I was actually quite tempted to get one!

I've just seen on Patekaholic's instagram there are rumours the 5712, 5726/1a-001 and the 5131r are going to be discontinued. Will be interesting to see if it's true and what they're replaced with!

Journeyman
    Have patience and buy list.

Master
    The problem, IMHO, the 5164a faces is that despite being a superb looking watch and very desirable amongst enthusiasts (which it is), the Aquanaut is the theoretical bottom of the ladder when it comes to Patek sports watches. That's ok when you're talking £13k (or whatever) on the 5167 (speaking relatively here), but at £23/£24k (or whatever) you're paying more than the absolutely iconic 5711 and you're in the same ballpark as the 5712. That and the fact that £10k is an absolutely absurd premium for a GMT function and it's a tough sell. And all this from someone who would love one.
    Last edited by cmcm3; 2nd February 2017 at 21:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    The problem, IMHO, the 5164a faces is that despite being a superb looking watch and very desirable amongst enthusiasts (which it is), the Aquanaut is the theoretical bottom of the ladder when it comes to Patek sports watches. That's ok when you're talking £13k (or whatever) on the 5167, but at £23/£24k (or whatever) you're paying more than the absolutely iconic 5711 and you're in the same ballpark as the 5712. That and the fact that £10k is an absolutely absurd premium for a GMT function and it's a tough sell. And all this from someone who would love one.
    Agree, I think the 5164 looks far better than the more sedate 67 but £10K for just a GMT is crazy, and I would want at least 20% off to buy one even if nowadays that would mean used.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I've just seen on Patekaholic's instagram there are rumours the 5712, 5726/1a-001 and the 5131r are going to be discontinued. Will be interesting to see if it's true and what they're replaced with!
    Yeah...not impressed with this. May force my hand and make me buy grey to get what I want without paying even more of a premium !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Eek, I hope not. Prices will shoot up higher than they are now for a good many years if any of these are discontinued.

Craftsman
    He's just updated his insta with a new photo called the "Discontinued List". I've copied the text out below. No mention of the three Nautilus or the 5131 from the earlier post.

Minute Repeaters and Split Seconds Chronographs:
    5073P-001
    5073P-010
    5073R-001
    5078P-001
    5078P-010
    5078R-001
    5213G-010
    5216P-001
    5216R-001
    5307P-001
    5539G-001