closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Sure for many the 5711 and 5167 are just fine, for me they were always a bit too simple for the price, the AP 15202 the same, so I'd rather have their more complicated brothers, which I do love the look of, and spend a little more, or as I did spend a whole lot more for a different colour, ha! At these ridiculous prices there is no great rhyme or reason to our buys, just what we love.

is that a 5711 r?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    is that a 5711 r?
    No, that ref is on a leather strap. This one on bracelet is the newer 5711/1R.

Master
    Sure for many the 5711 and 5167 are just fine, for me they were always a bit too simple for the price, the AP 15202 the same, so I'd rather have their more complicated brothers, which I do love the look of, and spend a little more, or as I did spend a whole lot more for a different colour, ha! At these ridiculous prices there is no great rhyme or reason to our buys, just what we love.

Its funny what we can make sense... I always think the 5711/1r is good value because it's "only" double the price of the SS, which is good compared to the multiples that, for example, Rolex applies to precious metals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Its funny what we can make sense... I always think the 5711/1r is good value because it's "only" double the price of the SS, which is good compared to the multiples that, for example, Rolex applies to precious metals.
    Yes, or compared to the price of the 5980/1r. Anyway since the price rise, I am making money on the watch too, unusual for a gold piece, so I am very happy.

Craftsman
    Yes, or compared to the price of the 5980/1r. Anyway since the price rise, I am making money on the watch too, unusual for a gold piece, so I am very happy.
    What's the rrp on that? 41k?

£61.7k for the 5980/1r £37k for the 5711/1r

Craftsman
    Well I have put my name on the list for a 5167a - been told 2018 earliest. What an expensive thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is just bloody gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Well I have put my name on the list for a 5167a - been told 2018 earliest. What an expensive thread....

Bet you will get it a lot sooner than that Andy! Keep hassling (in a nice way) your AD and you will be rewarded.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    That is just bloody gorgeous!

Bet you will get it a lot sooner than that Andy! Keep hassling (in a nice way) your AD and you will be rewarded.
    I'm hoping so mate albeit will give me a wee while to save up.

Hopefully no patek price rises in the next year or so!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Excellent choice. Be patient, and it will most certainly be worth it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Excellent choice. Be patient, and it will most certainly be worth it.
    Cheers buddy

Like most on here. Never thought I would be in a position to afford one. Now I have to decide whether the BLNR goes to make room for us (and lighten the cost) or I keep both!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    £61.7k for the 5980/1r £37k for the 5711/1r
    5980/1r is like having an amazing golden nugget strapped to your wrist...

I remember seeing this on a lovely lady's wrist over the summer and it just pops - only in london during arab invasion season is it possible.

Banned
    Been pondering over the 5711r been to see one in the flesh today.

Craftsman
    This waiting list nonsense is so annoying with PP I wonder what is happening with their location numbers in the new year

Master
    What's the rrp on that? 41k?
    Correct so how about I sell you mine for a bargain £39K?

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Been pondering over the 5711r been to see one in the flesh today.
    Keep pondering. It's a beautiful piece and so light and elegant on the wrist too.

Last edited by aksing; 30th November 2016 at 03:02.

Master

Great move, just stick to SS! Never thought I'd own a PP when I joined here either but oh how things escalated from that Breitling Steelfish...
    Last edited by aksing; 30th November 2016 at 03:04.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I sold 3 of my SS Rolex for a PP and now playing the waiting game for my turn to come with an AD.

I have to admit its a little surreal having PP funds put aside in my bank and unable to spend it.

Longest I ever waited was for a SS Daytona and that only took 3 months!

It's worth the wait.

Hi all, apols for borrowing the thread, but I'm seriously considering replacing my Sub for a Nautilus as it's a tad to big for me especially as it's not fitting well under a shirt cuff. Also I don't like people recognizing it as an expensive watch (and yes I do see the irony here). Anyway am a little afraid the 5711 is on the large size, any experiences how it wears compared to a Sub ? I've been considering the older 3800 or the rare 5800.

Also if I call around and am prepared to pay a deposit, will I be able to get on the waiting list despite not having any prior relationship with an AD ?

ta

Agreed very expensive thread.... I have just put my name & deposit down for a 5167a too.

I maybe got a bit luckier than you Andy as I have been told I am first on the list and it will be with me between Jan and May. I am kind of hoping May so I have a bit more time to save some money!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePattinson View Post
    Agreed very expensive thread.... I have just put my name & deposit down for a 5167a too.

I maybe got a bit luckier than you Andy as I have been told I am first on the list and it will be with me between Jan and May. I am kind of hoping May so I have a bit more time to save some money!
    Lucky you!

Might be the fact that you put a deposit down. Also I added to the list in a large popular store

Maybe worthwhile me trying out the smaller independents

Andy

Craftsman
    Lucky you!

Might be the fact that you put a deposit down. Also I added to the list in a large popular store

Maybe worthwhile me trying out the smaller independents

Andy

Hes in China thats why. access to PP much easier. I am on a list in London, that's probably the worse. But what the heck.

Hes in China thats why. access to PP much easier. I am on a list in London, that's probably the worse. But what the heck.
    Sure I am in China at the moment but I bought in the UK. It only took calls to two UK retailers plus the willingness to put down a £500 deposit to secure myself one within the next 6 months.
    Last edited by JoePattinson; 30th November 2016 at 17:12.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quick Q.

How often do you guys on waiting lists "check-in" / "hassle" the AD?

In the past ive had a great relationship with my Omega / Rolex dealers hence never bothered them and fully trusted I was in their safe hands.

With PP I have had to go to a new dealer and estiimation of early 2017.

Im a patient man and not worried about the wait time itself but simply being forgot about etc

Guess worth maybe sending email to "check -in" during the New Year?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think a deposit will ramp you up the list. I base this on some conversations with various ADs last week. Worth doing if you do not want to wait and the amount of the deposit is not extortionate.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Hi all, apols for borrowing the thread, but I'm seriously considering replacing my Sub for a Nautilus as it's a tad to big for me especially as it's not fitting well under a shirt cuff. Also I don't like people recognizing it as an expensive watch (and yes I do see the irony here). Anyway am a little afraid the 5711 is on the large size, any experiences how it wears compared to a Sub ? I've been considering the older 3800 or the rare 5800.

Also if I call around and am prepared to pay a deposit, will I be able to get on the waiting list despite not having any prior relationship with an AD ?

ta
    I did exactly the same thing but chose the 5167A.

What size is your wrist?

Mine is 6 ¾ and the 5711A fitted perfectly. You wouldn't even know that you are wearing it.......just like the 5167A :))

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

What size is your wrist?

Mine is 6 ¾ and the 5711A fitted perfectly. You wouldn't even know that you are wearing it.......just like the 5167A :))
    Me too. Wrist is about 7", and both 5167 and 5711 fit perfectly. More subtle than the Sub.

Craftsman
    I had the chance to try on a Saxonia Moonphase yesterday, it was pretty amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

What size is your wrist?

Me too. Wrist is about 7", and both 5167 and 5711 fit perfectly. More subtle than the Sub.
    Thanks both, my wrist is 7" so should work on paper. I'm really tempted, but would ideally want to test one first (bugs me that I do have tried a 5726 but guess I was too star struck to take notice or a photo !).

Craftsman
    I saw a November 2016 5167a in the window at David Duggan in the Burlington Arcade for £13950. Is the market for steel PP's changing or why are they selling it for only £200+ compared to official PP price?

I saw a November 2016 5167a in the window at David Duggan in the Burlington Arcade for £13950. Is the market for steel PP's changing or why are they selling it for only £200+ compared to official PP price?
    Who knows, but that was a bargain, only £200 to by-pass the queues, its usually a few thousand - I hope you bought it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Who knows, but that was a bargain, only £200 to by-pass the queues, its usually a few thousand - I hope you bought it.
    No I didnt

Craftsman
    it seemed odd

it seemed odd
    Maybe they just got one in stock without having a buyer lined up for it, it is possible. Didn't someone (Ryan I think) report seeing one in a shop window in Central London.

Have you decided which watch is for you yet ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Maybe they just got one in stock without having a buyer lined up for it, it is possible. Didn't someone (Ryan I think) report seeing one in a shop window in Central London.

Have you decided which watch is for you yet ?
    it just seemed odd because those Burlington Arcade retailers usually put hefty premiums on Aquanauts and Nautilus.

No unfortunately I have not decided yet. My list is too diverse, everything is different.

I scrapped the 116655 because of the price/value and it seems to be available everywhere now.

I am still on list for 5711/5167a/5164a and 5712

I have the chance to try on Saxonia Moonphase in white gold this week

But I am also quite keen on some kind of AP preferably AP in Gold, generally I would like something in gold. I should have probably taken the 5167r they offered me this year. As you can see I am all over the place and will probably annoy people here in the forum but its not that simple. I want something special in my collection.

Take your time! There is no rush and you will really enjoy your new watch when the right time comes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Take your time! There is no rush and you will really enjoy your new watch when the right time comes.

Absolutely, but be warned......they are addictive. One PP is never enough.😉

Master
    it seemed odd
    Bracelet version isn’t nearly as popular as the rubber strap version, which is the default choice.
    You should’ve had a haggle and jumped on it, since you can easily change to the rubber strap and deployante.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Bracelet version isn’t nearly as popular as the rubber strap version, which is the default choice.
    You should’ve had a haggle and jumped on it, since you can easily change to the rubber strap and deployante.
    it was the rubber version

I've seen these with some regularity in both Watches of Switzerland and Wempe on New Bond St. By regularity I mean every few months - it's all relative!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Duggans is a reputable shop so I doubt there was anything wrong with it other than it wasnt what you really wanted.

Master

But I am also quite keen on some kind of AP preferably AP in Gold, generally I would like something in gold. I should have probably taken the 5167r they offered me this year. As you can see I am all over the place and will probably annoy people here in the forum but its not that simple. I want something special in my collection.
    The platinum Saxonia is stunning. Try that if you can.

I was amazed by the rose gold version as well, the chocolate strap helps set it off.

Ian

I think a deposit will ramp you up the list. I base this on some conversations with various ADs last week. Worth doing if you do not want to wait and the amount of the deposit is not extortionate.
    Just caught this thread. I am intrigued by the deposit chat. I walked into an AD at the weekend, one I have visited many times in recent months, just for a browse, mentioning again that I was only interested in the BLNR or the Daytona, and that I knew neither were forthcoming - only to be told that with a £500 deposit I could be moved to the top of the waiting list (which I was already on, but much further down) for the BLNR. Is this normal behaviour for ADs? If so, then surely if you want a (not in stock) watch then you should just offer a deposit at the outset? It seems a tad unfair on the others being leap-frogged on the waiting list, who surely were not all offered the deposit angle first? Anyway I thought it seemed a tad underhand. I still took him up on his offer mind you !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Just caught this thread. I am intrigued by the deposit chat. I walked into an AD at the weekend, one I have visited many times in recent months, just for a browse, mentioning again that I was only interested in the BLNR or the Daytona, and that I knew neither were forthcoming - only to be told that with a £500 deposit I could be moved to the top of the waiting list (which I was already on, but much further down) for the BLNR. Is this normal behaviour for ADs? If so, then surely if you want a (not in stock) watch then you should just offer a deposit at the outset? It seems a tad unfair on the others being leap-frogged on the waiting list, who surely were not all offered the deposit angle first? Anyway I thought it seemed a tad underhand. I still took him up on his offer mind you !
    I suspect that the waiting list has vanished and that you were at the top or very near. These are appearing more regularly now and I also picked one up recently

People who pay a deposit are much more likely to collect the watch.
    It's just a matter of time...

I have bought two Patek Philippe's from David Duggan.
    I found their price on these particular occasions, to be very fair and competitive, when comparing it to other London and non London dealers.
    So, I wouldn't be too suspicious, they have been in the business for a lot longer then many other dealers.

Its actually £13750 so retail price. I was down there last Tuesday and looked at that and the Nautilus they had in. Must resist!!!!

it just seemed odd because those Burlington Arcade retailers usually put hefty premiums on Aquanauts and Nautilus.

No unfortunately I have not decided yet. My list is too diverse, everything is different.

I scrapped the 116655 because of the price/value and it seems to be available everywhere now.

I am still on list for 5711/5167a/5164a and 5712

Rose gold 39mm Royal Oak with blk face on deployment clasp and black leather strap is a classy bit of kit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    Its actually £13750 so retail price. I was down there last Tuesday and looked at that and the Nautilus they had in. Must resist!!!!
    retail is 13710 I think - why are they selling it for almost retail and not for premium as always?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    Rose gold 39mm Royal Oak with blk face on deployment clasp and black leather strap is a classy bit of kit.
    which one is that? pic?