closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1057

Thread: Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    Not very sad at all (DJT voice). I love the watch. It has a special place for someone close to my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    George. I see you are using the app. Please let’s see your purchase.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Why do people persist with what is obviously a load of nonsense. This guy was rumbled a long time ago, he can't be believed...it's all fantasy. Bet he loves the sheer gullibility of it all. Stop encouraging him.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Why do people persist with what is obviously a load of nonsense. This guy was rumbled a long time ago, he can't be believed...it's all fantasy. Bet he loves the sheer gullibility of it all. Stop encouraging him.
    Watch out you little turd. I already posted a photo. It’s bloody 6am in the morning. Go and eat your beans on toast and read the express or whatever you do on a Saturday.

Master
    Love the immediate use of personal abuse ('you little turd'). The truth hurts doesn't it George. By the way, while you were boasting and making endless dodgy claims, I actually bought a factory fresh 5711. Without months of fuss; and posted pictures.
    Just read through this thread....any part....and see the same pattern of false claims and evasiveness.
    I've said my piece, I won't engage with this man again.
    Last edited by paskinner; 16th June 2018 at 06:36.

Watch out you little turd. I already posted a photo. It’s bloody 6am in the morning. Go and eat your beans on toast and read the express or whatever you do on a Saturday.

Play nicely George
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    The whole thing is kind of distasteful. It’s not indulging him, it’s taking the piss and it’s poor form.

Furthermore, his recent VC servicing fantasy is potentially off putting to potential customers who wouldn’t be familiar with the rest of his output.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    By the way, while you were boasting and making endless dodgy claims, I actually bought a factory fresh 5711. Without months of fuss; and posted pictures.
    I bet your dad is also bigger than George's dad.

Can we also see some bank account balances?

Love the immediate use of personal abuse ('you little turd'). The truth hurts doesn't it George. By the way, while you were boasting and making endless dodgy claims, I actually bought a factory fresh 5711. Without months of fuss; and posted pictures.
    Just read through this thread....any part....and see the same pattern of false claims and evasiveness.
    I've said my piece, I won't engage with this man again.
    I second that turd 💩

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
    The whole thing is kind of distasteful. It’s not indulging him, it’s taking the piss and it’s poor form.

Furthermore, his recent VC servicing fantasy is potentially off putting to potential customers who wouldn’t be familiar with the rest of his output.
    Go whistle

What’s criminal is that date window.

There’s one for nearly 42k on Watchfinder! Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    There’s one for nearly 42k on Watchfinder! Crazy.
    Think thats bad look at the 15407st retail is £37,200 and I few grey have it lows £60k, Official Watches have it at £61,995 nearly £25k markup.

Any custard yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Think thats bad look at the 15407st retail is £37,200 and I few grey have it lows £60k, Official Watches have it at £61,995 nearly £25k markup.
    Now that must make looking at yours on your wrist bring even more of a smile to your face.

The AP is a 70%-ish mark up, the 5711 is nearly double RRP at a 90% mark up (and the 5711s are used too). I think the 5711 is worse, and the SS Daytona not far behind it.

The AP is a 70%-ish mark up, the 5711 is nearly double RRP at a 90% mark up (and the 5711s are used too). I think the 5711 is worse, and the SS Daytona not far behind it.
    Makes that boot lid on sc look like good value
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Mark up percentage wise yes they are more, to be honest the BLRO must rate above these currently!

I was taking additional financial outlay which would be my main concern if I had to go the grey route.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Now that must make looking at yours on your wrist bring even more of a smile to your face.
    Mixed bag actually, flipped a few watches but this has always been a grail so my flips have helped me achieve it, it’s nice to know my invested funds are currently safe but the additional value on my wrist is a concern with looking after it plus I’ve had to up my insurance cover.
    Last edited by pitbull666; 20th June 2018 at 08:36.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Official Watches have it at £61,995 nearly £25k markup.
    Had, and it was purchased above retail.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    So it’s sold? And do you mean they sold it for less then the asking but still about retail

Master
    Yes logic would say all these watches up for high prices with dealers have had to be purchases at prices about RRP in the first place, so it's not a case of they've made XYZ profit. They also carry the risk of stock, staff and running costs.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes. And no, I mean it was bought above retail and sold above retail.

Master
    Almost 1000 posts and still no pics of Georges 5167!

Maybe he's too busy picking up his VC from its service............

Craftsman
    Not George’s but here’s a shot of mine from the other day

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yes logic would say all these watches up for high prices with dealers have had to be purchases at prices about RRP in the first place, so it's not a case of they've made XYZ profit. They also carry the risk of stock, staff and running costs.
    Yeah. The 20k above retail meaning 20k profit is a nonsense.

Yes. And no, I mean it was bought above retail and sold above retail.
    Get you!

Now hand on heart if someone offered me 60k it still wouldn’t be going anywhere! £20k profit does sound nice but in my mind unless AP do a ceramic openworked I have my openworked grail piece in my collection, next target is a complication piece.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Not George’s but here’s a shot of mine from the other day

I have the brown strap on! Looks great.

You’ve got a brown what-now?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    You’ve got a brown what-now?
    Get the strap

So, just to be clear - you have a brown strap-on?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    So, just to be clear - you have a brown strap-on?.
    Brilliant!!

Blog Entries
    That flashes a bad image - it should be in the leather and rubber section. No pictures, it didn’t happen (again).

Serious question Gents, has anyone here ever bought a 5711 or a 5167 at RRP without spending a fortune at the same AD?

My brother has two Pateks bought from the same AD (as well as many of his colleagues having bought there as well) and he can’t even get me on a ‘list’??

Getting one of these is even harder than getting a SS Daytona!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Serious question Gents, has anyone here ever bought a 5711 or a 5167 at RRP without spending a fortune at the same AD?

My brother has two Pateks bought from the same AD (as well as many of his colleagues having bought there as well) and he can’t even get me on a ‘list’??

Yes I bought one a couple of years ago having only bought a Tudor black bay bronze from them shortly before that. I think I was a bit lucky as I called about something else and asked if they happened to have an Aquanaut in and they did - the rest is history

Not a 5711 or 5167, but I bagged a stainless 5712 with no prior purchase history a few weeks back.

I’m pestering that AD for a 5711, and will also askwhat their 5167 list is like.

I have done a lot of business on Rolex with another AD, but when it came to Patek they’d only put me on a waiting list to go on the main waiting list? This charade has gone on for three years and I’m still not on the main list with them. So even a purchase history isn’t a guarantee of getting what you want!

By comparison, my ceramic Daytonas were a piece of cake to acquire. PP is a different league in terms of pricing and AD games.

Master

Yes, I was extremely lucky to get one from a fellow forum member at RRP.

Blog Entries

Every AD I approached for the 5167A gave the same answer, and that was in four different countries: HK, CA, US, GB. You can probably guess the answer. Apparently a few years ago they were not flavour of the month - being the ‘entry level’ Patek so fairly easy to get. Things change. (I didn’t get mine at RRP)

Martyn.

Craftsman

Yep got my 5167 after purchasing a BLNR a few months earlier

Craftsman

Interesting to see the price development in EUR over the past 10 years :(

....PP is a different league in terms of pricing and AD games.
    Evidently so!!

But well done to all of you who successfully got the pieces you wanted at the prices you wanted to pay, I'm seriously considering giving up trying a Patek!!

Master
    5711 gone at WF

I think it was around £42k

Sent from The land of hope and glory.

Evidently so!!

But well done to all of you who successfully got the pieces you wanted at the prices you wanted to pay, I'm seriously considering giving up trying a Patek!!
    My advice is to get out there pop into some local PP AD’s and see if you can build a rapport and go from there.

Wait lists are dynamic so your relationship with the AD can greatly help this.

To be fair, Patek also produces plenty of mingers that are easily available. :)

Yes - I bought one from a London AD just over two years ago and even got a small discount on the list price.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    5711 gone at WF

I think it was around £42k

Doesn’t mean it’s sold though, Wf move their stock about a bit with other dealers I’ve seen. They also take things on and off stock often.

Watchecentre still have their used one for 37.5 and a sealed one for 42, both have been there for a while. Price increases have slowed and rightly so.

Master

Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Doesn’t mean it’s sold though, Wf move their stock about a bit with other dealers I’ve seen. They also take things on and off stock often.

Watchecentre still have their used one for 37.5 and a sealed one for 42, both have been there for a while. Price increases have slowed and rightly so.
    I’ve seen watches reappear on the web site, I think there sitting on a few pateks better than the bank rate init.

I think it is a little unfair to use the term “mark up” as that implies Official Watches or whoever have added the 25k. Whereas some or possibly most is the original owners profit.

Crazy premium over rrp by the time they reach the market either way !

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I think it is a little unfair to use the term “mark up” as that implies Official Watches or whoever have added the 25k. Whereas some or possibly most is the original owners profit.

Crazy premium over rrp by the time they reach the market either way !

Yeah maybe markup was the wrong term but for the end buyer they are paying that premium above retail, fully aware grey buy in above retail.

But saying that WF have been offering below retail on watches they then sell on above retail.