closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Craftsman

Patek Philippe buying help/support/enabling (5167,5164,5711 and 5712)

Hi Everyone,

I am considering buying a PP - 5167a, 5164a, 5711 (blue or white dial) or 5712a. I am on the waiting lists for all models with the PP Salon, Boodles and WoS. I had the chance to try on the 5157r recently but declined because I felt it was too expensive for what it is and had the chance to try on Rolex 116655 which I quite liked. However when spending 17k+ I though I need to aim higher and get a PP.

I might be able to get my hands on a 5164a before christmas but 24700 rrp is quite a lot and I just purchased a BLNR so already got GMT function. 5712 (8-10m waiting list) would probably be best alternative in that price range?

5167a I would probably buy on the spot (2.5 year waiting list)

I have tried on 5711 blue and white in some Mayfair shops that have sold it for crazy premiums 23k+ - I was never overwhelmed by the Nautilus but now I quite like the idea of owning one (18030 rrp at the moment I think) - quoted waiting list 2.5 years.

Buying a PP I would probably prefer the retail experience route and not grey market. Any advice on that issue?

Many thanks
    Last edited by GeorgeFalconer; 21st November 2016 at 18:40.

Master
    Other than post a photo of my 5711 and tell you that I absolutely love it, my only advice is that I have never waited anything like the time quoted when going on the list (5 steel Nautili in 11 months) so hold on and stay patient.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Other than post a photo of my 5711 and tell you that I absolutely love it, my only advice is that I have never waited anything like the time quoted when going on the list (5 steel Nautili in 11 months) so hold on and stay patient.
    I've recently put my name down for one of these. I've never seen one in the flesh though. What's the weight like? I must admit that I'm hoping there's a good bit of heft to it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I bought a 5167a from an AD a few weeks ago, having been lucky to pick one up on the off chance. Great theatre in the handover and RRP to boot. I now hope for a 5711 in six months' time. Well worth the wait.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I've recently put my name down for one of these. I've never seen one in the flesh though. What's the weight like? I must admit that I'm hoping there's a good bit of heft to it.
    No, it's a very light watch which is actually part of the beauty of it. Its slim case is nicely balanced with the bracelet so you barely feel like you are wearing it. Exceptionally comfortable and elegant. If you want heft you'll need to look at the more complicated models - 5980, 5990, etc. You really should try the comfort of the 5711/2 though.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the replies so far...so I shall be patient! But which model? what if I get my hands on a 5164a before anything else

I have to mention I am also still considering 116655 and various ALS but I think I should scrap the Rolex of the list by now?

Master
    Personally I'd go for a 5164 if you plan on keeping it.Much more to it than the 5167 which is nice but starting to look dated to my eye.5711 is a classic.As ever it's a very personal thing and most people on here would describe my post as complete nonsense!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Personally I'd go for a 5164 if you plan on keeping it.Much more to it than the 5167 which is nice but starting to look dated to my eye.5711 is a classic.As ever it's a very personal thing and most people on here would describe my post as complete nonsense!
    Is the value of the 5164 lower? My research says kinda yes compared to 5157,5711 and 5712 at the moment at least. Online I would get it 3k chapter than in store. But I am very hesitant spending that money on a dodgy website. I did use Iconic Watches before and had great experience but they don't sell PP at the moment or with premium.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    Is the value of the 5164 lower? My research says kinda yes compared to 5157,5711 and 5712 at the moment at least. Online I would get it 3k chapter than in store. But I am very hesitant spending that money on a dodgy website. I did use Iconic Watches before and had great experience but they don't sell PP at the moment or with premium.
    They're all expensive watches but I'd agree that the extra cost for the GMT function is absolutely brutal. I do prefer the looks of it over the 67 though.

Master
    5164's can be had from reputable dealers around 21-23k so about the premium you'd pay to jump the queue on a 5711.
    They're not as popular mind do if resale is on your mind I wouldn't bother.

Had a call off my AD this morning. I can have a 5712 this week if I want it.

Craftsman
    5164's can be had from reputable dealers around 21-23k so about the premium you'd pay to jump the queue on a 5711.
    They're not as popular mind do if resale is on your mind I wouldn't bother.
    where can I get them for 21-23? new

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Had a call off my AD this morning. I can have a 5712 this week if I want it.
    damn, can I have it haha

Master
    where can I get them for 21-23? new
    Apologies I got side tracked and didn't realise you wanted new and don't want the grey dealer route.
    Personally I'd have no problems buying grey and save 2or 3k just for the dealer experience.
    A bloody expensive coffee!

Craftsman
    Apologies I got side tracked and didn't realise you wanted new and don't want the grey dealer route.
    Personally I'd have no problems buying grey and save 2or 3k just for the dealer experience.
    A bloody expensive coffee!
    yes I would but where do I get strap cut and will warranty be live and stamped etc etc etc?

Not much use to the OP, but a 5167a just popped up on SC.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...87#post4153087

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Not much use to the OP, but a 5167a just popped up on SC.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...87#post4153087
    how old? I don't have access to the SC

I'm with the OP on this one. Rather than pay brand new price for a used watch I'd rather do a comprehensive ring around and try and find myself one at a short wait and have my name on the papers. That's my plan for Jan anyway even if I need to take a short flight away!

- - - Updated - - -

how old? I don't have access to the SC
    July watch.

Like I said, not much use unfortunately.

Four months, in superb condition and a rock-solid seller.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Like I said, not much use unfortunately.

Four months, in superb condition and a rock-solid seller.
    How much? How do I get access?

The 5167a on SC comes with at least £1k worth of extras including replacement straps and the first service included. A great deal for anyone after one.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 21st November 2016 at 22:48.

How much? How do I get access?
    Keep posting.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wayne has just listed his 5167a on SC with at least £1k worth of extras including replacement straps and the first service included. A great deal for anyone after one.
    Oh well just a another 2 years on the list and I will get one in the salon. 2019 by then and 3 more price hikes hahaha

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh well just a another 2 years on the list and I will get one in the salon. 2019 by then and 3 more price hikes hahaha
    I suggest you buy now then. No excuse. The perfect opportunity, funds permitting. In fact, I am seriously tempted to buy my second in four weeks!
    Last edited by Skyman; 21st November 2016 at 23:04.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I suggest you buy now then. No excuse. The perfect opportunity, funds permitting. In fact, I am seriously tempted to buy my second in four weeks!
    or maybe go got als saxonia

Banned
    Blog Entries
    or maybe go got als saxonia
    As well as an anagram, that is a totally different question. But for me, PP all the way.

I was offered a 5164 for my brand new 5711- I seriously considered it, but I wanted a plain Patek. I also liked the 5167 a little more than the 5164, and prefer a date window any way.

I think my next expensive watch purchase will be a 5167.

To the OP, I bought from the boutique in London and posted about my very eventful purchase on here. It was a good experience and they included a few bits and pieces too and included a free first service, which was nice.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I was offered a 5164 for my brand new 5711- I seriously considered it, but I wanted a plain Patek. I also liked the 5167 a little more than the 5164, and prefer a date window any way.

To the OP, I bought from the boutique in London and posted about my very eventful purchase on here. It was a good experience and they included a few bits and pieces too and included a free first service, which was nice.
    do you prefer nautilus over the aquanaut especially 5164

I really love the look of the 5164, i prefer it to the 5167. But it's just a painful uplift in price and versus the 5711, it's a no brainer in favour of the Nautilus.

As much as I love the Nautilus (I had cmcm3's on my wrist and he had to pry it back!) it's a heck of a lot of money for a steel watch. Ridiculously so. I considered liquidating most of my collection before buying a Daytona and using all the funds, but I couldn't do it. But then again you can try it and lose very little value.

I am not sure if this is any help to you, I saw a 5711/1A-11 white in the window of a AD in Truro in Cornwall last Friday afternoon. Looked nice but way way out of my budget, I did pop in to look at something else more in my budget, I mentioned the fact they had the Nautilus in the window, it was avalible to buy and at list I expect as it is new from a AD.

Bit of trek, I was down there for work.

:)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    I am not sure if this is any help to you, I saw a 5711/1A-11 white in the window of a AD in Truro in Cornwall last Friday afternoon. Looked nice but way way out of my budget, I did pop in to look at something else more in my budget, I mentioned the fact they had the Nautilus in the window, it was avalible to buy.

Bit of trek, I was down there for work.

:)
    yeah that is too far haha

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I really love the look of the 5164, i prefer it to the 5167. But it's just a painful uplift in price and versus the 5711, it's a no brainer in favour of the Nautilus.

As much as I love the Nautilus (I had cmcm3's on my wrist and he had to pry it back!) it's a heck of a lot of money for a steel watch. Ridiculously so. I considered liquidating most of my collection before buying a Daytona and using all the funds, but I couldn't do it. But then again you can try it and lose very little value.
    yes and I already got GMT covered with my lovely BLNR, I know 5164 is much nicer and easier but still...would make more sense to add a moon phase to my collection

Craftsman
    15202 is also on my list...but no second hand

Craftsman
    15202 is also on my list...but no second hand
    If that's supposed to say not second hand it's quite the pun

yeah that is too far haha
    its not that far ;), rubbish weather and a lot of roadworks between London and there at the moment.

Good luck with your watch hunt.

Very nice watches.

do you prefer nautilus over the aquanaut especially 5164
    Yes, I prefer the Nautilus much more. I'd never sell it. It is/was my first Patek.

I have the Moonphase covered by my GO :) But I'm not sure I find the complication useful - just very interesting and well done on the GO
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    its not that far ;), rubbish weather and a lot of roadworks between London and there at the moment.

Good luck with your watch hunt.

Very nice watches.
    yes thank you - just bought blnr, now off to next one,was interested in 116655 but price lead me to pp als etc

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yes thank you - just bought blnr, now off to next one,was interested in 116655 but price lead me to pp als etc
    You are taking the right route. The YM bears no comparison - and I like Rolexes.

Yes, I prefer the Nautilus much more. I'd never sell it. It is/was my first Patek.

I have the Moonphase covered by my GO :) But I'm not sure I find the complication useful - just very interesting and well done on the GO
    GO for me kinda nailed it all with the panoramic lunars and the whole moon phase. Totally nonsense and gorgeous. Don't like it on the Patek, too cramped. The 5711 works because the dial can 'breathe'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    GO for me kinda nailed it all with the panoramic lunars and the whole moon phase. Totally nonsense and gorgeous. Don't like it on the Patek, too cramped. The 5711 works because the dial can 'breathe'.
    I have never seen the 5712 in flesh

Craftsman
    This decision is so difficult, also because the waiting takes forever. Maybe I should just get something that is available.

Master
    This decision is so difficult, also because the waiting takes forever. Maybe I should just get something that is available.
    Like previous poster said you will not find a better deal than this in SC Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167a

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Like previous poster said you will not find a better deal than this in SC Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167a
    I don't have access

- - - Updated - - -

do we know how many aquanauts are being produced by PP per year?

Master
    I don't have access

- - - Updated - - -

do we know how many aquanauts are being produced by PP per year?
    No, but we know Patek produce 40-50k watches per annum, so not that many.

Hi Everyone,

I am considering buying a PP - 5167a, 5164a, 5711 (blue or white dial) or 5712a. I am on the waiting lists for all models with the PP Salon, Boodles and WoS. I had the chance to try on the 5157r recently but declined because I felt it was too expensive for what it is and had the chance to try on Rolex 116655 which I quite liked. However when spending 17k+ I though I need to aim higher and get a PP.

I might be able to get my hands on a 5164a before christmas but 24700 rrp is quite a lot and I just purchased a BLNR so already got GMT function. 5712 (8-10m waiting list) would probably be best alternative in that price range?

5167a I would probably buy on the spot (2.5 year waiting list)

I have tried on 5711 blue and white in some Mayfair shops that have sold it for crazy premiums 23k+ - I was never overwhelmed by the Nautilus but now I quite like the idea of owning one (18030 rrp at the moment I think) - quoted waiting list 2.5 years.

Buying a PP I would probably prefer the retail experience route and not grey market. Any advice on that issue?

Many thanks
    This post is somewhat bizarre. You say you are on the waiting list for all models at three ADs but yet AFAIK PP check names across all PP ADs to stop this sort of thing.

You then go on to ask the difference between the buy from a PP AD or buy from the grey market - ermm what is the point on having your name down at all these PP dealers?

You seem fixated by waiting lists quoting the wait time for each and then say that you would buy the 5167 on the spot. You say you did not like the 5711 but then say you quite like the idea of owning one again quoting the waiting list time.

In subsequent posts you mention other watches such as ALS Saxonia - so it sounds like you are not sure what to buy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    This post is somewhat bizarre. You say you are on the waiting list for all models at three ADs but yet AFAIK PP check names across all PP ADs to stop this sort of thing.

You then go on to ask the difference between the buy from a PP AD or buy from the grey market - ermm what is the point on having your name down at all these PP dealers?

You seem fixated by waiting lists quoting the wait time for each and then say that you would buy the 5167 on the spot. You say you did not like the 5711 but then say you quite like the idea of owning one again quoting the waiting list time.

In subsequent posts you mention other watches such as ALS Saxonia - so it sounds like you are not sure what to buy.
    That is correct. not sure yet. thanks

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    This.��
    Provided you are a serious buyer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    This.
    thats doesn't help me

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    No, but we know Patek produce 40-50k watches per annum, so not that many.
    Far more than that – closer to 75K, including the 12K or so ladies’ quartz, although they have said they were cutting back on production.
    Lord knows why though, they’ve a CHF 500M building to pay for!
    Last edited by PJ S; 22nd November 2016 at 14:54.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Far more than that – closer to 75K, including the 12K or so ladies’ quartz, although they have said they were cutting back on production.
    Lord knows why though, they’ve a CHF 500M building to pay for!
    that many?

- - - Updated - - -

5164 might be first one I get my hands on but 24700 is a lot of dough :-(