closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New panda from Raymond Weil

Craftsman

New panda from Raymond Weil

Very nice at a reasonable price IMHO. The pusher at 10 o'clock ruins it for me though.

http://www.salonqp.com/updates/up_cl...paign=DM222164

Master
    I was thinking that looks nice, until I saw the price which I don't consider 'reasonable' in any sense! I have Citizen Eco Drive which is almost identical in appearance anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by groyn View Post
    Very nice at a reasonable price IMHO. The pusher at 10 o'clock ruins it for me though.

http://www.salonqp.com/updates/up_cl...paign=DM222164
    Its the carbuncle on the side of the left-hand register that really puts me off.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

love the look apart from that 10o'clock pusher.killed it for me aswell.

Master
    I know Weil gets very little love here, but I think that looks pretty good!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I know Weil gets very little love here, but I think that looks pretty good!
    I think of them as a mere fashion brand (like Armani or Michael Kors or someone) - am I being ignorant and/or unfair? Do they have a watchmaking heritage that I'm unaware of?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I think of them as a mere fashion brand (like Armani or Michael Kors or someone) - am I being ignorant and/or unfair? Do they have a watchmaking heritage that I'm unaware of?
    I think that is a little harsh - they're of a higher quality than Kors / Armani. I'm wearing my RW Moonphase as I type, it was my first 'proper' watch and dragged me into this weird world of horology.

As I said, not for everyone but I love mine just as I love my Omegas. Each to their own I say!

Master

I think I'd go the Sinn route and save a packet...or buy a speedmaster.

Master
    Rightly or wrongly, I've always lumped Weil into the same category as that other headless-chicken-of-a-brand, Maurice Lacroix. I find everything they do, without exception, derivative and lacking in imagination, good industrial design or persuasive marketing. If they went out of business tomorrow nobody would even notice, much less shed a tear.

SGR

Craftsman
    Their watches often have a classical music theme, so this caught my eye as something out of the norm for them. They seem to be trying to go beyond their usual offerings, because they released a tourbillon last year (albeit classical theme again) https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ou...lo-tourbillon# Not an in-house movement though.

I agree with OP, nice watch, great movement. £2250 seems reasonable to me.

I also agree with the brand struggling to find a place in WIS circles but it probably does good in normal watch buying circles.

Well that's the first time I've taken a look at Raymond Weil, and I am liking the freelancer range quite a lot, only trouble is would I buy one? Definitely not at retail price, as to me they appear to be in the fashion category as mentioned previously, now this may not be the case but that's my perception of the brand.