closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ROLEX AD refuse to give me the hang tags on new watch !??!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    It amazes me some folk here still say 'why do you care about stickers'- is it not general knowledge that a fully stickered
    up unworn Rolex is worth more than an unstickered one- I may rip the stickers off and wear it immediately or I may stick it in the safe unworn for 10 years- but I want it to be my decision not the AD's.
    That's spot on. My birthday is in January, but I bought the watch in the summer to beat the price increase. And I wanted the stickers on, because that's how I want it. It's my money,my decision. It's a big occasion for me, I want the watch brand new until the day comes.

When receiving the watch, the sales lady asked me 3 times abut resizing the bracelet, or removing stickers, which I politely declined. And that was it, I got my watch the way I wanted. Funnily the AD was DM Robinson, and the service was actually pretty good. I wanted one of rare but the not the rarest models, I paid 20% deposit and they were able to get it for me in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by dabear View Post

When receiving the watch, the sales lady asked me 3 times abut resizing the bracelet, or removing stickers, which I politely declined. And that was it, I got my watch the way I wanted. Funnily the AD was DM Robinson, and the service was actually pretty good. I wanted one of rare but the not the rarest models, I paid 20% deposit and they were able to get it for me in 3 days.
    It was only a couple of weeks back that the DM Robinson salesman informed me that general manager Karl Irwin had decided that Rolex must not leave the store stickered up- sounds like you timed your purchase well👍

Craftsman
    When I purchased my GMT2 last year I was informed they had to remove the stickers in store. I declined the kind offer strongly and the threat of leaving the store empty handed swung things my way to some degree. I didn't want all of the stickers left on just a selection anyway, and so it was to be.

As for the hang tags, I would not have left the store bereft of those I assure you.

Master
    It's a matter of principle fords, not that the stickers or swing tags have any value, these ads are treating buyers like you can only buy a watch under there conditions, like they have extended control past there contract of sale.

Maybe the OP missed my question, why didn't you contact Rolex UK?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I'm not the original op btw but there is no direct email at rolex there is an address though, I'm currently having a few issues of my own and I have posted one to them. These dealers need to be pulled up on there behaviour it's getting ridiculous.

By the time Karl Irwin from DM Robinson had emailed me to say he would return my deposit he'd had for 6 months because he did not want to risk losing Rolex AD status over stickers it was quite clear I was not going to be dealing with them.
    I did consider emailing a complaint to Rolex UK but they have no email address -
    I may yet complain to them regarding being blatantly lied to if I can be bothered phoning them.

Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    I'm not the original op btw but there is no direct email at rolex there is an address though, I'm currently having a few issues of my own and I have posted one to them. These dealers need to be pulled up on there behaviour it's getting ridiculous.
    If I couldn't contact them easily I would go there, out of interest did you day a deposit for your one?

Master
    If I couldn't contact them easily I would go there, out of interest did you day a deposit for your one?
    Yes paid deposit they called me Monday to say it was ready for collection, I asked for serial which I added to my policy said I would be in on Friday to collect then got the call Friday to say they would not be selling me the watch as they had seen a thread on here.

By the time Karl Irwin from DM Robinson had emailed me to say he would return my deposit he'd had for 6 months because he did not want to risk losing Rolex AD status over stickers it was quite clear I was not going to be dealing with them.
    I did consider emailing a complaint to Rolex UK but they have no email address -
    I may yet complain to them regarding being blatantly lied to if I can be bothered phoning them.
    I think you would find that they are very protective of their reputation and would not see the dealers behaviour as conducive to enhancing that.

Yes paid deposit they called me Monday to say it was ready for collection, I asked for serial which I added to my policy said I would be in on Friday to collect then got the call Friday to say they would not be selling me the watch as they had seen a thread on here.
    Pretty sure that under UK law if money changes hands, you have entered into a contract with them to supply, I often have to pay over a pound to bind contracts. They are probably in breach.

Master
    Pretty sure that under UK law if money changes hands, you have entered into a contract with them to supply, I often have to pay over a pound to bind contracts. They are probably in breach.
    I have sent a formal complaint to gs head office, sent another email to the bull ring branch but he doesn't seem to have anything to say. I know that he didn't know I already had the serial of my watch which cements the fact that watch was there waiting for me, they have dropped a clanger and he knows it.

Banned
    I think Rolex needs to crack down on these dealers and stop supplying them. They are not doing the brand image any good.

I have sent a formal complaint to gs head office, sent another email to the bull ring branch but he doesn't seem to have anything to say. I know that he didn't know I already had the serial of my watch which cements the fact that watch was there waiting for me, they have dropped a clanger and he knows it.
    Have you got the direct email as sending the complaint online gets forwarded back to the branch?

Master
    Webenquiries@goldsmiths.co.uk do you know of a different one?

Master
    A bad business, but I doubt you can do much. There is also the possibility that the manager does not agree with your account. It is surprising how differently two people can see the same event. And proof can be hard to come by.
    This manager earns his living from Rolex and other sales. If he feels his reputation has been traduced, he could take this seriously. My own view would be to speak to him privately,settle this before it gets further, and shop with a better dealer. Plenty of them around.
    He should have honoured the deal, but there you are......
    Last edited by paskinner; 5th December 2016 at 11:24.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Goldsmiths in Liverpool are crap too, I went in too see how the list was looking for a watch that i had been placed on, they couldn't find me on there but took my number and then didn't call me back. I am not going to chase them too sell me a watch, it would seem that they doing so well they don't need to sell anything.

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    A bad business, but I doubt you can do much. There is also the possibility that the manager does not agree with your account. It is surprising how differently two people can see the same event. And proof can be hard to come by.
    This manager earns his living from Rolex and other sales. If he feels his reputation has been traduced, he could take this seriously. My own view would be to speak to him privately,settle this before it gets further, and shop with a better dealer. Plenty of them around.
    He should have honoured the deal, but there you are......
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_of_contract

Master
    Webenquiries@goldsmiths.co.uk do you know of a different one?
    The ceo if no / insufficient response within a week?

Aurum Holdings

Mr Brian Duffy Chief Executive

Email b.duffy@aurumholdings.co.uk

Website http://www.aurumholdings.co.uk/

Related lists UK Companies

Not siding with the AD and fully support the OP but couldn't the AD say the OP was in breach of the contract for buying to sell on? Obviously know OP was trying to help members out but know the AD manager is going to stick with he was selling to a dealer line?!

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Not siding with the AD and fully support the OP but couldn't the AD say the OP was in breach of the contract for buying to sell on? Obviously know OP was trying to help members out but know the AD manager is going to stick with he was selling to a dealer line?!
    Why is it any of their business, once the watch had been supplied the contract would finish

Why is it any of their business, once the watch had been supplied the contract would finish
    Brand image?! I don't know I'm just thinking aloud.

Also it's been discussed before Rolex are trying to prevent watches being sold to the grey market.

Also it's been discussed before Rolex are trying to prevent watches being sold to the grey market.
    You either own the watch or you don't if someone wants to wear it, keep it in a safe or sell it to the first man who offers him money as soon as he walks out the shop what's that got to do with the AD?

What I find increadable about this is people are actually prepared to hand over several thousand pounds for a watch then have the dealer dictate to them what they can do with it and what parts that came from the factory they are allowed to keep.

I'm not sure that would make any difference to the enforceability of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You either own the watch or you don't if someone wants to wear it, keep it in a safe or sell it to the first man who offers him money as soon as he walks out the shop what's that got to do with the AD?

What I find increadable about this is people are actually prepared to hand over several thousand pounds for a watch then have the dealer dictate to them what they can do with it and what parts that came from the factory they are allowed to keep.
    Exactly and I don't agree with it but it's done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    I'm not sure that would make any difference to the enforceability of the contract.
    Hopefully not I was asking as I wasn't sure.

Journeyman
    Try customer.services@rolex.co.uk.

Apprentice
    I picked up a D-blu Deepsea yesterday from a Rolex AD.
    It was untouched in the plastic delivery case from the Rolex factory -
    All stickers and hang tags untouched........
    If anyone has any nonsense like I had from DM Robinson I urge them to just go to
    a sensible AD elsewhere and not tolerate any crap.
    Totally agree! I know of the AD as I raised this with them. They'll be losing a lot of sales no doubt. Not their business if folks want to sell afterwards at a profit especially if they purchase at retail price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice

If they want to stop watches being sold on to grey market they need to raise their prices.

Rolex have a poor brand image IMHO, behaving like they're doing people a favour taking their money!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhussain View Post
    If they want to stop watches being sold on to grey market they need to raise their prices.

Rolex have a poor brand image IMHO, behaving like they're doing people a favour taking their money!

Or just send more Daytonas, BLNRs etc to the ADs.....Grey dealings for these watches will dissappear overnight.

Master
    In truth, what we people on the forum think is probably neither here or there to Rolex. They have one of the strongest brand images in the world . What we think won't change that .

In truth, what we people on the forum think is probably neither here or there to Rolex. They have one of the strongest brand images in the world . What we think won't change that .
    My conversation with their representative at rolex uk suggested that, at the very least, a certain amount of surprise was felt that certain ADs were behaving how they are.
    Whether this counts as actually caring l can't be sure - it would be a shame if not.

Master
    I would think that bad publicity is very unwanted for any business, social media and viral threads can make the biggest of companies wilt like piss!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Or just send more Daytonas, BLNRs etc to the ADs.....Grey dealings for these watches will dissappear overnight.
    Absolutely!