closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selfridges NOMOS pricing

Selfridges NOMOS pricing

Just a heads up in case anyone is looking for a new NOMOS. Some Tangente and Orion models are priced quite a bit lower than the current rrps. The pick of the bunch seems to be the 35mm Anthracite Orion ref 307. It's selling for £1480 and the current price on the NOMOS store is £1780. If I was in the market for one, I'd already have added it to the shopping basket!

They don't seem to have much stock left though.

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/weba...s&srch=Y&sug=Y

Banned
    NOMOS is a recommended buy.

Craftsman
    Love my Ludwig. Don't be put off by the size. Try one if you're passing. You'll be surprised. So lovely. So must wrists presence and such an excellent price value ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Could the difference in price be due to closed/open casebacks?

I noticed on Nomos website they offer both options on a couple of models and that would be more or less in line with the closed case back pricing...

Fingers crossed I'm wrong and someone gets a good price though!

Cheers

Master
    Nomos make fine watches, my partner has worn one for years. But they are a bit naughty with UK pricing....which has historically been higher than for other buyers in Europe . Their website goes to considerable lengths to hide this from UK buyers by concealing european prices. The simple truth is, if you order a Nomos from here, you will pay more....from the same German factory.
    I complained to Nomos about this unfair treatment of UK buyers. They told me I should arrange to order from an address elsewhere in Europe. Talk about cynical.......
    Pity, because they make fine watches. But they treat UK buyers as milch cows , overcharging and concealing the normal European prices.
    Order from, say, a German dealer. The saving will pay for a nice weekend trip to pick it up.
    Last edited by paskinner; 29th November 2016 at 01:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Nomos make fine watches, my partner has worn one for years. But they are a bit naughty with UK pricing....which has historically been higher than for other buyers in Europe . Their website goes to considerable lengths to hide this from UK buyers by concealing european prices. The simple truth is, if you order a Nomos from here, you will pay more....from the same German factory.
    I complained to Nomos about this unfair treatment of UK buyers. They told me I should arrange to order from an address elsewhere in Europe. Talk about cynical.......
    Pity, because they make fine watches. But they treat UK buyers as milch cows , overcharging and concealing the normal European prices.
    Order from, say, a German dealer. The saving will pay for a nice weekend trip to pick it up.
    Spot on it's even worse with the dollar. I worked it out once and the rates were outside historical limits.

Craftsman
    I will forgive them a bit of naughtiness on the exchange rates as their watches are so lovely and very much bucking the behemoth trend. Anyone seen the new nachtblau range for example? Just wonderful.

Plus I just ordered a new shell cordovan strap for mine and not only is it well worth the money (so supple. I previously had an aftermarket strap) they put in lots of nice goodies including some delicious dark chocolate with the message, bitter

I am a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk