closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Give England A Chance Tomorrow?

Master

Does Anyone Give England A Chance Tomorrow?

Just wondering if anybody out there gives England a chance of upsetting the odds tomorrow night?
    I'm thinking it'll be close but 2-1 to the boys in dark blue.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Who gives a toss

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Who gives a toss
    The ref normally...

Craftsman
    England should on current form just win? But then they do have a habit of upsetting us!

Master
    Sadly think England will destroy us. With Chesney in charge whose team selection and tactics are as mystifing as his media interviews, picking Broonaldo the plastic hard man. Play a game retire, fancy the next one, come back, retire etc - bloody joke.
    Hope they play well but a draw maybe the best we can hope for.

Easy win for England I reckon. Let's face it - Scotland aren't exactly Iceland or Slovenia.

I thought we were talking about cricket.

I lost interest in the England football team when most of them lost interest in playing for it. I'd rather see it made up from players from the Championship.
    "A man of little significance"

If the match was decided on pure endeavour then England could be in trouble, unfortunately it's not and I expect us (Scotland) to lose 3-0

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I thought we were talking about cricket.

I lost interest in the England football team when most of them lost interest in playing for it. I'd rather see it made up from players from the Championship.
    Agree.

Can't say I care.

M

Master
    How would England winning be "upsetting the odds"? They are huge favourites, not many pundits give Scotland a chance.

Do I expect Scotland to "upset the odds"? outside chance I suppose, but no. England by 3 goals. ;)

I see it going to penalties....................

I definitely think England can upset the odds. South Africa haven't won in their last 5 and are very much in a rebuilding phase. England are too, but have got a good run of form behind them recently with Eddie Jones at the helm, plus Jonny May is back!

Oh wait, or were you talking about something else?!?! :)

I thought the proper England vs Scotland game took place during the 6 Nations - what is the "football" people are referring to?

England by 25 points - easy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Who gives a toss
    +1

That doesn't work for Scotland ;)

Grand Master
    I've little interest in football thesedays.

In the early 70s England v Scotland was a very tasty fixture, with several of the Leeds Utd glory team facing each other on opposite sides. Those were the days when Scotland produced real quality players, many of whom headed south to ply their trade in the old first division. Billy Bremner and Eddie Gray opposite Jack Charlton and Alan Clarke, Man Utd's Denis Law opposite Bobby Charlton.......... these were must-see games and the old Home International Tournament at the end of the season was always enjoyable.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Just wondering if anybody out there gives England a chance of upsetting the odds tomorrow night?
    I'm thinking it'll be close but 2-1 to the boys in dark blue.
    "boys in bright pink" surely.

1-1 draw all over it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Of course you would, you're in it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

It will be a tough game for sure. But I'll go with England by 12 points.

I'm a big football fan.......but another who couldn't give a toss. England are an insult to association football - dull players, dull tactics.......

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I thought the proper England vs Scotland game took place during the 6 Nations - what is the "football" people are referring to?

It's a qualifier for a World Cup finals where 32 finalist teams compete from an original 204 nations as opposed to that other minority sport to which you refer.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Head says England 2-0 or 3-1 but I thought that 17 years ago and we murdered you 1-0 at Wembley after you murdered us 2-0 at Hampden. Only a fool would call this with confidence.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    No Drinkwater = No chance

Master
    Blog Entries
    England are so pathetically poor right now (aren't they always some would say - apart from their media) Scotland might just sneak it 'cos they're not much better.

It really should be a no contest given the depth of players the English lot have to choose from but there's no class in any of those that they do pick.

So, it'll be interesting. The really comedic thing is IF England win they'll suddenly be world beaters with world class players - really! Get a grip.

It's sad also to say this is the parlous state of British football - dire!

Obviously I hope the Scots win and stick it right to the English, but I've just smelt the coffee and woke up!!

Jim

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    How would England winning be "upsetting the odds"? They are huge favourites, not many pundits give Scotland a chance.

Do I expect Scotland to "upset the odds"? outside chance I suppose, but no. England by 3 goals. ;)
    Ehh-Its called a tongue in cheek comment-light hearted banter and all that.
    As for the rugger lads-at my school that was just for those that couldn't play football.
    Agree with Paul about the halcyon days where half of the famous Leeds team were Scots,in fact Billy Bremner came from the school I went to.
    Changed days and I don't think any England team will be capable of greatness until they start limiting the number of non-English players in the premiership.Too many self interested parties for that to happen though.
    Anyway back to tonight and I shall be a 90 minute bigot-Get right in about them English Bar Stewards.

Craftsman
    Should be a comfortable win for England, but you never know.

Scotland are dire, and will probably fail to qualify for yet another major finals.

Head says 1-1, heart would love a wee sneaky odd-goal winner to make it 2-1.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    England always look good at the expense of the Scottish team, even though they are garbage.

England 3 - Scotland 1

posted by a Scotsman

I'd rather see it made up from players from the Championship.
    So would I, there are some excellent players in the Championship. A Championship England would still beat Scotland.

"Deep fry your Brexit, we're going to deep fry your Brexit...".

Gotta love the Tartan Army.

I think we're going to get a whupping....
    At least that should get that twat Strachan fired afterwards.

Cheers,
    Adam.

A 0-0 meh with, as the Mash would say, Wayne Rooney looking like he's wandering around Ikea.

Looks like he's bought a doormat from Ikea and stuck it on his head....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    So, it'll be interesting. The really comedic thing is IF England win they'll suddenly be world beaters with world class players - really! Get a grip.
    Trust me win or lose no one in England thinks our football team are "world beaters" but why give up on a tired old stereotype eh?

If it wasn't bad enough we have to wear a pink shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Trust me win or lose no one in England thinks our football team are "world beaters" but why give up on a tired old stereotype eh?
    Correct, we all know we're poor. We just have gears to go through that I doubt Scotland have.

God it's on ITV, can't face those awful betting ads. I'll watch the Good Old Days whilst waiting for Omnibus which tonight of course is Leonard Cohen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Correct, we all know we're poor. We just have gears to go through that I doubt Scotland have.
    It's your press that need to be more agreeable.they set you up and the gullible ones, of which there are many, fall for it all the time.

England are very very poor and have no real quality. If the gears you've referred to are glacial to dead slow then you're quite right.

Master
    Blog Entries
    On a real world note.

Proud of both teams and FAs to have the balls to wear Poppy's. Respect. Well done efa and SFA.

It's your press that need to be more agreeable.they set you up and the gullible ones, of which there are many, fall for it all the time.

England are very very poor and have no real quality. If the gears you've referred to are glacial to dead slow then you're quite right.
    Agreed and my gears analogy is relative; we have more gears than Scotland and less than......Iceland.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Are you sure that NO ONE in england thinks that. The RoTW must be deaf dumb and blind. Is nauseating.

Or is that the stereotype 👍😜

Agreed and my gears analogy is relative; we have more gears than Scotland and less than......Iceland.
    I'm not sure about gears but the first half was devoid of any talent.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice response TTC. I'll be keen to see those gears really swing into action in the second 45. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Not often I hear English pundits tell the truth about their team. But I am now.

The game is at Wembley isn't it? A home game for England.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    I'm not sure about gears but the first half was devoid of any talent.
    Spot on. Scotland as expected all huff and puff and no capcity to blow the house down. England fallen idols making sure their hairdos and painted nails are kept nice.

2-1 England I reckon.

Nice response TTC. I'll be keen to see those gears really swing into action in the second 45. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Not often I hear English pundits tell the truth about their team. But I am now.

The game is at Wembley isn't it? A home game for England.
    We are terrible Jim, not just in this game but generally. To think we all wanted rid of Sven yet we've never again hit the heights he led us to. I just want to get back to being excited about watching us and that's why I'd give Harry the job. I defy anyone to tell me there's a better manager fit for England at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    It's a qualifier for a World Cup finals where 32 finalist teams compete from an original 204 nations as opposed to that other minority sport to which you refer.
    But at least it's a minority sport (rather than a corupt entertainment business, performed by high paid actors and drama queens).

England Vs South Africa tomorrow - and an opportunity to "Swing Low" at the Rugby Club with the boy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    We are terrible Jim, not just in this game but generally. To think we all wanted rid of Sven yet we've never again hit the heights he led us to. I just want to get back to being excited about watching us and that's why I'd give Harry the job. I defy anyone to tell me there's a better manager fit for England at the moment.
    Agree. Very sad the whole thing.

2-0 where's the remote?