closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2024 MotoGP

2024 MotoGP

Great racing in today's Moto3 race...Moto2 and MGP to come!

A change to Pirelli tyres from Dunlop is providing a bit of novelty...as well as the usual progression of young riders.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Great racing in today's Moto3 race...Moto2 and MGP to come!

A change to Pirelli tyres from Dunlop is providing a bit of novelty...as well as the usual progression of young riders.
    Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that the bikes were on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten that the bikes were on today.
    The MGP sprint race was yesterday. Again, the change to Pirelli adds something new into the mix.

Master
    I’ve given up on MGP. For the first time in many years, I’ve not renewed my subscription. I suspect I’ll glance at the results, but for me just to many Spanish and Italian, riders and to many Ducatis.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I’ve given up on MGP. For the first time in many years, I’ve not renewed my subscription. I suspect I’ll glance at the results, but for me just to many Spanish and Italian, riders and to many Ducatis.
    T'was ever thus...remember Agostini and MV Augusta?

This year's MGP may well be another Ducati fest but watching the others improve is half of the interest. Rider skill is more apparent than in 4 wheeled racing, IMO.

Being able to see the more junior classes at the same meeting adds something to the mix as well. Then it's off to WSBk, BSB and the FIM European championships to see where the talent comes from / ends up.

Master
    T'was ever thus...remember Agostini and MV Augusta?
    I’m only 62🤪🤪

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the WSBK from Philip Island, literally had me shouting at the screen, jumping off the couch and closing my eyes. And I can’t wait for BSB, as I have a young lad to support in the Supersport class on a great bike, so I’m hoping he has a season to give him a leg up and I’m looking forward to getting to a few rounds to watch him.

I’m only 62浪浪

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the WSBK from Philip Island, literally had me shouting at the screen, jumping off the couch and closing my eyes. And I can’t wait for BSB, as I have a young lad to support in the Supersport class on a great bike, so I’m hoping he has a season to give him a leg up and I’m looking forward to getting to a few rounds to watch him.
    It's great to follow the progress of a young rider. In my case it has been Deniz Öncü. He was a pint sized contender (couldn't put two feet on the ground astride a motorcycle) from ATC, through Red Bull Rookies (with his twin Can) into Moto3 and now Moto2 (just took 15th place and a point as the leading rookie).

In the premier series, Ducati rule the roost...for the time being. Not long ago it was Honda or Yamaha...but not KTM are coming on strong.

MotoGP....3 manufacturers, 3 nationalities and riders aged 19 to 30 in the top 10.

The lack of UK representation says a lot about UK backers. Fortunately Michael Laverty is leading an attempt to penetrate the European (and world) series. We have decent riders but the competition from Italy and Spain is somewhat daunting.

That said, talent will out. Belgium will support Baltus (named after Sheene and carrying his number 7)...it cannot be too long before we have a Brit to shout for in the premier classes rather than the companion series.

Having just watched Danny Aldridge order a rider off the grid (where he had stalled his bike and delayed the start) I found this video from 2 years ago:

Master
    I’m watching out for Joe Francis in BSB Supersport. He’s a talented rider whom I built an R6 for some years ago, but he’s had a few poor seasons and needs a good one to get noticed again. In the past he’s beaten Kyle Ryde, Bradley Ray, Ben Curry, Tarran Mkenzie and other notable names, but since his Traction Control days, just never had the consistency to get a top ride. I’m hoping that’ll change for him this season.🤞🤞

This is the R6 track bike I built for him.

And this was his Traction Control race bike.

The other rider I’m following closely is little Sullivan Mounsey, he’s gone to Redbull Rookies this year following a strong season last year In the U.K. He’s a smashing young lad, with a wicked sense of humour. Very bright and determined, definitly one to watch.

Master
    6 ducatis in the top 7😟 Top Japanese bike 11th.

6 ducatis in the top 7 Top Japanese bike 11th.
    OK...KTM were only 2nd and 9th...while Aprilia finished 8th and 10th...with Yamaha 11th and Honda trailing in after that.

The interplay between manufacturers, teams and riders with the FIM, Dorna, IRTA etc is intriguing...if not entirely beneficial.

I'm entirely a spectator and cannot compete with your personal involvement as posted above. You must have a closer perspective on the interaction of sponsors, teams etc etc than I will ever achieve. I am at the mercy of the media to keep me informed about issues and developments.

At the moment I don't hold out much hope of MLav's riders getting into the top 10 (much though I would like them to) but I hope that his sponsorship will bear fruit in the junior series (ECT and Jnr GP). I applaud and am grateful for his efforts to support and promote UK riders amongst the competition from Spain and Italy. Likewise, Dorna's Talent Cup series (Northern, British and Asia) seem to show a management that is determined to promote and international interest.

PS Dorna are far from perfect, IMO. Very much family controlled and too closeted (secretive / closed) for the best interest of the sport. However, I hope that they can improve.

Having just watched Danny Aldridge order a rider off the grid (where he had stalled his bike and delayed the start) I found this video from 2 years ago:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9OK65ffsM
    I also found part 2 informative: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQsP1YxKIU

Master
    OK...KTM were only 2nd and 9th...while Aprilia finished 8th and 10th...with Yamaha 11th and Honda trailing in after that.

The interplay between manufacturers, teams and riders with the FIM, Dorna, IRTA etc is intriguing...if not entirely beneficial.

I'm entirely a spectator and cannot compete with your personal involvement as posted above. You must have a closer perspective on the interaction of sponsors, teams etc etc than I will ever achieve. I am at the mercy of the media to keep me informed about issues and developments.

At the moment I don't hold out much hope of MLav's riders getting into the top 10 (much though I would like them to) but I hope that his sponsorship will bear fruit in the junior series (ECT and Jnr GP). I applaud and am grateful for his efforts to support and promote UK riders amongst the competition from Spain and Italy. Likewise, Dorna's Talent Cup series (Northern, British and Asia) seem to show a management that is determined to promote and international interest.

PS Dorna are far from perfect, IMO. Very much family controlled and too closeted (secretive / closed) for the best interest of the sport. However, I hope that they can improve.
    I too am now just a spectator, I only ever had a small involvement, which I enjoyed immensely at the time.
    Sadly I honestly believe we’ve seen the last of British riders in MGP. Even 8 years ago when I went to Spain with BSB the tracks we visited were absolutely flooded with kids as young as 6 or 7 and all they did was ride mini moto all day long, from 10am to 5pm it was non stop. These kids were drifting backing it in, elbows down, knees down unbelievable. We have absolutely nothing like that in the U.K., and if we did someone would complain about the noise and it’d be banned.
    This is where it begins, those youngsters I was watching back then are probably amongst the current crop of Moto 3 riders, and the best will move on up and so it continues. We don’t have a chance of developing young riders to these levels. It’s a bit depressing really and one of the reasons I’ve lost interest.

Anywho I’m off to the TT in June, first visit since 93, at least we’ve got something that the rest of the bike world rave about. Was also there in 92 for the Hizzy, Foggy battle.👍👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    I cant find anywhere to watch the highlights like there was last year.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

Learn German...link?

Plenty on Youtube

Master
    Blog Entries
    Learn German...link?
    I like bratwurst and beer and I can shout, does that count?

I like bratwurst and beer and I can shout, does that count?
    Probably.

My post may have some across as condescending, but it wasn't meant that way. I had been skiving off of free streams for F1 and MotoGP for quite a while with Ch4 highlights as a backup until a subscription to Discovery+ took one of those out of the equation (plus covering BSB etc).

I don't know what to make of there being no UK main stream coverage of MotoGP. It's a time of interest IMO (see the Jake Dixon Diaries) but it's down to commercial interests and if the support is lacking then there will not be any coverage.

Craftsman

Live qual/races on https://www.threenow.co.nz/. Need a VPN/smartdns to watch, but free to register. But can't see any highlights listed. https://www.vidio.com/categories/519-motogp has live and catchup. Indonesian provider, about £35 for year.

Highlights are on ITV4 at 8pm tonight and Will subsequently be on ITVX.

Master
    Talking of Jake Dixon, hope he’s OK. That highside was brutal😟

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Highlights are on ITV4 at 8pm tonight and Will subsequently be on ITVX.
    Thats what I was looking for but couldnt find.

Thanks for all the replys.

Glad it’s back. Seems to have been a long winter.

Looks like normal service will resume but with the added spectacle of the KTM being on the pace and MM lurking!

Off to Austin in a few weeks, so very much looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk