closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your main hobby - what's been your biggest mistake/regret?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Loved sports cars (before kids came along) and the last one I had was a 2004 NSX. I sold it for 37K when the recession hit. Had I just parked it up in the garage it would be worth 60K+ now.
    The Audi Rs2 I sold for £13k which a few months back went for £35k...
    That's one of many cars I've owned 😥

Craftsman
    No learning the Lute earlier in my life. I've been playing for 4 years now and love it.

Blog Entries
    Mines car based too, I always been car mad since I was young, biggest regrets:
    Part ex'ing my Integrale Evo 1 for a Civic Type R
    Turning down an E30 M3 Cecotto for £9k
    And the worst by far, dithering and then missing out on a rubystone red 964RS for £33k, which is now a £250k car!!!!

Master
    Traded my 993 for £20K (now worth £45Kish). Sold the 996 turbo I replaced it with for £27K (also ca £45K today). At least the kitchen is extended and still looks good

Master
    Cycling. I wish I'd not let 'life get in the way' so much and done more of it (some would have been good...) over the last ~10yrs.

I am making changes to ensure I get more in going forward....

DIY car restorer (who is becoming increasingly out of his Internet fuelled depth)

Much as I've loved tinkering with various cars and motorbikes over the years, my hobby now consists of what I like you call my "Japanese wheelbarrow".

A previously mint MX5 with nothing from the gearbox back, a stripped interior, roll bar, shopping list of turbo bits.... All spread across two garages.

Its taking me so long, I really hope I remember how to bolt it all back together!

Master
    Lack of space meant I sold off almost all my 1:18th car collection, all TV & Movie related.

Loads of James Bond ones, Fast & Furious models etc. Bought at sensible money and I at least broke even when I sold them a couple of years ago, but the price of them (especially the Ertl & Joyride models) have gone through the roof now! £30 models are trading at £100-£150, so it's scuppered any ideas I had of getting back into the collection.

Biggest regret was selling "The Car" model from the 1970's B-Movie of the same name. The standard black one is now £150+ to buy IF you can find one. I sold mine for about £60 and thought I'd had a right touch.

Actually no, the three car set from Two Lane Blacktop ('55 Chevy, Plymouth 'Cuda & Dodge Daytona) is probably the one I miss most.

Or... the three car set from the original Gone in Sixty Seconds (Mach 1 Mustang - Eleanor, '429 "Boss" Mustang and Pontiac GTO). Yep, that's the one.

I'm off for a cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligrub View Post
    No learning the Lute earlier in my life. I've been playing for 4 years now and love it.
    You are Richie Blackmore and I claim my £5.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Mountain biking, stopped when we bought our first house and kids came along. Got back into it but I'm 40 now and the knees aren't what they were. Gutted that I missed out on years of downhill lunacy when younger.