closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TT Daytona 116503 - am I wrong to like this?

Craftsman
    Does anyone know whether the 116503 is available with a blue dial (as it did with the 116523)? I haven't been able to see it on rolex.com, but i'm not sure whether that means it definitely doesn't exist?

Thanks

Master
    Yes the blue racing dial with arabic numerals is an official option for it. One of the nicest options too imo.

https://goo.gl/images/tDYPBb

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Yes the blue racing dial with arabic numerals is an official option for it. One of the nicest options too imo.

https://goo.gl/images/tDYPBb
    Current?

Blue is not available as a dial configuration on Rolex.com nor is there an entry for a blue dial 116503 in the December 2017 UK master price list.

H

Master
    There are too many dials to list them all in the price list I gather... It's current and an official option for both 116503 & 116508 & 116518.

https://imgur.com/a/Wsr9POv#4e43kLr

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    There are too many dials to list them all in the price list I gather... It's current and an official option for both 116503 & 116508 & 116518.

https://imgur.com/a/Wsr9POv#4e43kLr
    Rolex UK's Excel price list currently has 3,631 entries comprising all standard dial / bracelet permutations. There is no blue dial 116503 listed.

Is the master catalogue image you appear to show taken from the secure MyRolex Ad resource? That may be homogenised for international AD use and so not highlight the fact that a certain dial is not a standard offering in a given territory.

The earlier image you showed, identifiable as a 116503 because of the revised bezel detail, would appear to be in an Asian market. Rolex do typically offer different permutations to different territories.

There is no question that 116503 has indeed been offered with blue dial in some territories.

Now, Rolex UK may be willing to fit / supply a blue dial upon request --- indeed I would go so far as expecting this to be the case --- but at this moment I don't think it is a standard supply for the 116503 here.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 16th June 2018 at 13:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Rolex UK's Excel price list currently has 3,631 entries comprising all standard dial / bracelet permutations. There is no blue dial 116503 listed.

Is the master catalogue image you appear to show taken from the secure MyRolex Ad resource? That may be homogenised for international AD use and so not highlight the fact that a certain dial is not a standard offering in a given territory.

The earlier image you showed, identifiable as a 116503 because of the revised bezel detail, would appear to be in an Asian market. Rolex do typically offer different permutations to different territories.

There is no question that 116503 has indeed been offered with blue dial in some territories.

Now, Rolex UK may be willing to fit / supply a blue dial upon request --- indeed I would go so far as expecting this to be the case --- but at this moment I don't think it is a standard supply for the 116503 here.

H
    You may well be right, i dont live in the UK. It's certainly been sitting in windows at Scandinavian ADs since a long time. Ordering one and fitting it is a small job that any AD could do, unless local affilliates stand in the way I guess... The policy of keeping the replaced dial etc does not exist here for instance. Yes its from my myrolex login.
    Last edited by 744ER; 16th June 2018 at 19:40.

Master
    I saw that combo in a New York AD earlier this year. Odd to have regional variations on such a “normal” combo.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the input all. Seems like my best chances of getting one from an AD is to look around overseas; another option is to settle for the black and get rolex to replace it with the blue dial.. but I assume that they might require a full service to do that which would make it way too expensive..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    Thanks for the input all. Seems like my best chances of getting one from an AD is to look around overseas; another option is to settle for the black and get rolex to replace it with the blue dial.. but I assume that they might require a full service to do that which would make it way too expensive..
    If you buy new, it's possible a dealer would be able to have the dial swapped via Rolex as part of the deal. Worth a chat to a good AD such as C.H. Moody or the like.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    If you buy new, it's possible a dealer would be able to have the dial swapped via Rolex as part of the deal. Worth a chat to a good AD such as C.H. Moody or the like.
    Much thanks for the recommendation, never knew that was possible!