closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos x Hodinkee Metro

Master

Nomos x Hodinkee Metro

Just announced, usual collaboration fare but the interesting thing here is the price - $2560USD, whereas the cheapest manually wound Metro on Nomos' store right now is $3480. OK, it's basically inline with grey dealer money so no huge attraction from this parish but this one is chronometer certified unlike their usual pieces.

Not bad; the solid case back is a nice touch. 38.5 mm without a date really messes up the seconds subdial positioning, unfortunately.

Nomos is fantastic, but I'd go for one of their normal models over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Not bad; the solid case back is a nice touch. 38.5 mm without a date really messes up the seconds subdial positioning, unfortunately.

Nomos is fantastic, but I'd go for one of their normal models over this one.
    +1 not as special as the Zenith. Good pricing though - i wonder if that includes VAT or is that in addition?

I like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    +1 not as special as the Zenith. Good pricing though - i wonder if that includes VAT or is that in addition?
    I think Sales Tax is done state by state

Craftsman
    Nah... they just spoiled the watch...

Journeyman
    I think it is a great looking watch, and the price decrease is good for competition in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dang... sold out in 1 hour...

what's up with all these Hodinkee LE's recently?

Master
    damn wanted one tbh

Craftsman
    I Should go on Hodinkee more often, I didn't know they did LEs and I do have a soft spot for the Metro.

Craftsman
    I like that must make a nomos my next purchase

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    but this one is chronometer certified unlike their usual pieces.

My newly arrived Metro has managed 0 seconds variance over the last two 24 hours periods I tested it, so I don't feel chrono certification is an issue with this movement.

Nice looking watch, but I think my normal one looks better.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasH View Post
    My newly arrived Metro has managed 0 seconds variance over the last two 24 hours periods I tested it, so I don't feel chrono certification is an issue with this movement.

Nice looking watch, but I think my normal one looks better.
    How do you find the lugs on your Metro? If you change strap can they take a normal spring bar or do you have to have a strap that takes their "quick release" bar? I'm very interested in a regular metro having tried the whole range at SalonQP.

Doesn't the ampersand work anymore... Oh wait - & - it does
    Gray

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Doesn't the ampersand work anymore... Oh wait - & - it does
    "In art or fashion, the use of X indicates a collaboration by two or more artists, e.g. Aaron Koblin x Takashi Kawashima. This application, which originated in Japan, now extends to other kinds of collaboration outside the art world."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X

Craftsman
    How do you find the lugs on your Metro? If you change strap can they take a normal spring bar or do you have to have a strap that takes their "quick release" bar? I'm very interested in a regular metro having tried the whole range at SalonQP.

I've read a review where the writer replaced the strap with a normal NATO, so they can indeed use a normal spring bar.

btw, having now read the review on the Hodinkee version, I note it uses the (excellent) standard Alpha movement, and not the (better) more desirable in house DUW 4401.

The loss of the sapphire crystal display back is also a significant negative with a watch that's such a nicely decorated movement.

Oddly the review claims the steel caseback allows for a thinner watch, at 7.75mm, but the Nomos Datum Gangreserve is in fact thinner at 7.65mm. I suspect it is because they domed it slightly (double-radiused, per the review).

Lovely watch, but IMO quite inferior to the Nomos Datum Gangreserve.

Master
    Five years ago, Nomos was seen as a slightly obscure, excessively Germanic, also ran. They made lovely watches bought by too few people. Just shows what design flair, a straightforward manner and second-tier pricing can achieve. Give it another five years and they will probably be giving more 'senior'' watchmakers a serious run for their money.
    But Nomos, careful with those prices.

"In art or fashion, the use of X indicates a collaboration by two or more artists, e.g. Aaron Koblin x Takashi Kawashima. This application, which originated in Japan, now extends to other kinds of collaboration outside the art world."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X

Affectation - behaviour, speech, or writing that is pretentious and designed to impress 😈
    Gray

Nomos appear to forgotten to write Hodinkee on the dial. How very uncollaborative.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Five years ago, Nomos was seen as a slightly obscure, excessively Germanic, also ran. They made lovely watches bought by too few people. Just shows what design flair, a straightforward manner and second-tier pricing can achieve. Give it another five years and they will probably be giving more 'senior'' watchmakers a serious run for their money.
    But Nomos, careful with those prices.
    I agree with you, except for the prices comment. For what they are, and their obvious quality when you see them, the lower end (priced) Nomos' are rather cheap IMHO. They have a lot of amazing watches sub £3k.

The £10k plus ones are, I agree, rather too expensive. But then, they do sell, so who am I to say they are overpriced...

I believe the Lambda's (£13k) sold out on release, but I note they are available for immediate dispatch now. (Metro has the longest wait and is now down to 6 months from 10.)