closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "US Army Watch" . . . TM!

Master

"US Army Watch" . . . TM!

I've been here long enough to realize that, if it says "US Army Watch TM", it almost certainly ain't. However, does anyone know anything about the Company? Here's their logo . . .

The reason I ask is that my beloved Stocker and Yale P660 came from CountyComm.com in a dark green cardboard box with silver lettering US Army Watch TM and a decidedly non-military <u>four</u>-page leaflet similarly emblazoned. I'm certain that the watch itself is genuine, BTW. A gent over on Timezone also bought a Stocker and Yale 184A which came similarly packaged from U.S. Wings Inc. some time back. There's only about one country that makes fancy cardboard boxes these days, especially dark green ones :-(

Can it be that this company bought up Stocker and Yale's remaining inventory and re-packaged them?

I see that U.S. Army Watch has it's own branded watches now. Here's a new game . . . type "US Army Watch" into Google and see the ratio of wannabe's to actual military!! Es preety beeg, senores!

Happy New Year All,

Re: "US Army Watch" . . . TM!

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA
    ......... Here's a new game . . . type "US Army Watch" into Google and see the ratio of wannabe's to actual military!! Es preety beeg, senores!

Happy New Year All,
    I did, and this came up from 1942 which I thought was neat. :D

Auxiliary Fire-Control Instruments (Field Glasses, Eyeglasses, Telescopes, and Watches) ... in .pdf
    http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref ... _9_575.PDF

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/TM/index.html

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"
    The white star in a gold border on a black field over white "U.S. Army" on a black field bordered in gold is trademarked by the United States Army. Shame on whoever is using it as a company logo!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii
    The white star in a gold border on a black field over white "U.S. Army" on a black field bordered in gold is trademarked by the United States Army. Shame on whoever is using it as a company logo!
    The only difference being the font, by the looks of it. Shame indeed! Here's a page from the distributor's site -http://www.dual-time-watches.com/01L181M.html - showing this fine "licensed" offering:

<u>Must</u> have . . . . not!

Great first link John. I actually have that TM 9-1575 manual mentioned in the second link.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"
    I have found out what these are.

There are civilian watches available through the Federal Supply System for non-monetary awards ("attaboys.") The do have NSN assigned and the Federal supply catalog list them as Veterans Affairs procured.