closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: White Rally Rallye Straps: Where to find/make? DB10 no more; Stew doesn't make white.

White Rally Rallye Straps: Where to find/make? DB10 no more; Stew doesn't make white.

Dear All:

I'm interested in having a White Rally Strap made to go with a watch. However, DB10 no longer produces their straps sadly, and Stew Morley of Heurville no longer produces his white nubuck (called Bonneville Cream).

May I ask whom I may go to in order to get one as close to a DB10 strap as possible please? I'd prefer to not have to go the route of a super high end French strap maker as these are more sporty and less costly than the ones the French strap makers typically make.

It's amazing that it is as difficult as this to find a White Rally / Rallye strap!

Thank you very much in advance.

You might try Watch Band Center in Germany. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I found it looking for "20mm, grained leather". Then you scroll through to get to the white options. They have thousands of straps - if that's not exactly what you're wanting they may have it under a different category.

Assuming you are after the smaller holed corfam style strap? Shame James and Mel are no longer doing theirs as it would have been perfect.

Larger tropic style rally available cheaply on eBay. Perhaps not perfect but perhaps a viable short term option until you can track your preferred one down.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Ma...REaqkUK2fYnotQ

Might be worth keeping an eye out for a large hole Tropic...

Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    You might try Watch Band Center in Germany. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I found it looking for "20mm, grained leather". Then you scroll through to get to the white options. They have thousands of straps - if that's not exactly what you're wanting they may have it under a different category.
    They also have the Meyhofer Alton in 16, 18, 20 & 22 mm:

Master
    Not sure how much you're wanting to spend, but you could send Pav Straps a message, he can make them to any specification you ask for and he does damn fine work.

Dear All:

Thank you for your comments thus far. I followed up with some of your advice/pointers and I have this to report back, hopefully, I'll receive some feedback again from you! Thank you again!

One out of the ordinary is this after market stainless Rally bracelet! Yes, it's rally but stainless and not a strap, but a bracelet. I don't think i've seen one of these since the 1970s on a Seiko back then! It could be hideous, or it could be really cool. I wonder who might be able to use Photoshop and combine this with an Alaska Project watch to see?!?

Omega Alaska Project Stainless Vollmer Stainless Rally Bracelet by nycnynycny, on Flickr

These others are leather, or silicon. None pop out at me as being gorgeous, though the leather ones are passable. None have red stitching, of course. I'd think that has to be customized.

The silicon ones are hard to figure out via pictures, as they may look cheap in person, or they may ok ok. How they would wear is another issue - would they look good with a little wear? Or would they look like cheap plastic throwaway straps on throwaway $15 watches?

The leather straps with faux alligator grain is usually a huge no-no for me - i dislike faux croco. On the other hand, with these Rally straps with so many holes in them, I find the faux alligator grain to be OK! What do you good folks thing, may I please ask?

Thank you so much in advance!

My favorite is still the no longer produced DB10 white rally with red stitching!

Omega Alaska Project Faux Alligator Grain White Rally NO TAPER by nycnynycny, on Flickr

Omega Alaska Project Piero Magli Leather Rally Small Holes by nycnynycny, on Flickr

Omega Alaska Project Saddle Leather White Rally by nycnynycny, on Flickr

Omega Alaska Project White Leather Meyhofer Rally ALTON Style by nycnynycny, on Flickr

Silicon ones:

Omega Alaska Project White Silicone Rally by nycnynycny, on Flickr

Omega Alaska Project White Silicone Smooth Surface Meyhofer SCARPERIA Style by nycnynycny, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dualmonitors; 17th October 2016 at 18:40.