closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    £15.5K to rent a car for 4 years, plus maintenance, tyres and only 8K miles per year.
    You could make that argument against any lease.

This is a top spec model from a high quality car manufacturer, and is a price that I can't see lower anywhere else online (and I've looked around a lot) at less thank £4k a year. If you open the link you can adjust the mileage to suit your usage and also the term. I shared as I know it's a competitive deal - which is exactly what this thread is for. Why are you here if not interested?

Personally, I'd rather lease than buy new - get a brand new car, pay less than depreciation, and I would take on a 36 month lease max to reduce risk of high maintenance costs. If you don't like it, no idea why you would comment on this thread, would assume you'd have better things to do...

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

I prefer to lease some really good deals around, I read somewhere that anything less than paying 25% of the list price for 2years is a good deal.

Just signed up for an Audi e Tron for £500 per month including maintenance seams a bargain

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    £15.5K to rent a car for 4 years, plus maintenance, tyres and only 8K miles per year.
    Is there a cheaper way of getting same ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    I prefer to lease some really good deals around, I read somewhere that anything less than paying 25% of the list price for 2years is a good deal.

Just signed up for an Audi e Tron for £500 per month including maintenance seams a bargain
    Do you have a link to etron deal ?

Golf TDi 1.6 GT 5dr (OTR 24.5k)
    3+36 10k
    213pm exc

^ does this sound reasonable? Just been offered a stock one and still getting to grips with my first lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Golf TDi 1.6 GT 5dr (OTR 24.5k)
    3+36 10k
    213pm exc

^ does this sound reasonable? Just been offered a stock one and still getting to grips with my first lease.

I just did a quick check online and first I found was this:

https://www.bluechillicars.com/car-l...i-115ps-5sp-gt

3+35 and 10k is £220 Inc VAT

Best to shop around online. It's much easier if you know the specific car you want.

Some sites to try:
    Select car leasing
    Leasing.com
    Applied leasing
    Contract cars
    Cars2buy
    Britannia Car Leasing
    Willow Leasing
    Pantheon
    Lease Hub

Again, no affiliations - just been looking around A LOT! Best of luck grabbing a good deal

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DA56 View Post
    Is there a cheaper way of getting same ?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a link to etron deal ?
    Link to etron deal please

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Link to etron deal please
    https://www.fleetsauce.co.uk/offers/...-5dr-auto/1938

It was through these guys but looks like it’s gone up, as my contract is £501 and some pence for 8,000 miles including maintenance. If you want a copy pm me with your email and I will send you the quote and you can try and get the same

Journeyman
    https://www.fleetsauce.co.uk/offers/...-5dr-auto/1938

It was through these guys but looks like it’s gone up, as my contract is £501 and some pence for 8,000 miles including maintenance. If you want a copy pm me with your email and I will send you the quote and you can try and get the same
    £5k deposit rules it out for me but thanks anyway.

Not a bargain to me - cannot imagine paying that to lease a car, any car.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    As opposed to buying it for £39k, losing 60% over four years (£23,400) and then having to find someone to buy it when you want to sell it!

It looks like a no brainer to me

Plus of course, the financing costs unless you’ve paid cash for it and the probable lowball px from the dealer that you’re getting your next car from.
    Agreed....... providing it's still under warranty in year 4

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuietWater View Post
    What about renting a car? Buying one is not an option for me right now, so I'm looking to rent one for about a month. I found this web site, hope it looks reasonable enough.
    Does anyone here have any experience with this booking company? I'm afraid they'll take a commision which I could probably avoid by contacting the car provider directly.
    Never tried any but you could also look at Drover or there is another french company who have just started up doing the same thing. Car subscription s.

There is an electric company again doing the same but do quote good deals apparently on the BMW i3. Bear in mind these will seem quite expensive but include everything but fuel.

Master
    I've never had PCP before, but been offered the following on a car for my wife.
    Can anyone in the know please tell me if this is a good deal.

It's a pre-reg Skoda Citigo 5Dr Colour edition
    On the road price £11,480.
    £750 deposit
    47 months at £109.87
    Option to purchase £3,420.
    10,000 miles per annum.

Are those figures correct? My simple man maths works out the total cost over 4 years is £9333.89, a £2k saving on list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post

£750 deposit
    47 months at £109.87
    10,000 miles per annum.

Quote Originally Posted by rgee View Post
    Are those figures correct? My simple man maths works out the total cost over 4 years is £9333.89, a £2k saving on list.
    Your maths is correct - It could be because it’s a pre-reg car and has around 15% off the list price and it then effectively on 0% finance. A good deal on a decent little car!
    Last edited by mr noble; 25th April 2019 at 08:55.

Master
    Yes, the figures are correct. They've offered it to me at a retail price of £7756.54 which they told me is net price. They gave me the deal as I've also ordered a new Octavia from them.
    It's all smoke and mirrors to me but as long as the overall cost is a decent deal I'll go ahead.
    Last edited by Cynar; 25th April 2019 at 09:19.

Master

£750 deposit
    47 months at £109.87
    10,000 miles per annum.
    Yes, the figures are correct. They've offered it to me at a retail price of £7756.54 which they told me is net price. They gave me the deal as I've also ordered a new Octavia from them.
    It's all smoke and mirrors to me but as long as the overall cost is a decent deal I'll go ahead.
    Just saying if you paid the cash price via your planned deposit £750 and took a personal loan for £7k over 48 months at 3.3% you’d pay back ~£7480 @ £156 per month, making the total cost £8230 ish saving you a grand...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Just saying if you paid the cash price via your planned deposit £750 and took a personal loan for £7k over 48 months at 3.3% you’d pay back ~£7480 @ £156 per month, making the total cost £8230 ish saving you a grand...

It’s what he said
    Cheaper on a cash loan
    However, if you could get them to throw in a service pack for free.....
    I’d sign
    Just try and get an extra bell or whistle
    Advantage of pcp is you can terminate after half paid if you’re fed up with it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    It’s what he said
    Cheaper on a cash loan
    However, if you could get them to throw in a service pack for free.....
    I’d sign
    Just try and get an extra bell or whistle
    Advantage of pcp is you can terminate after half paid if you’re fed up with it
    They won't offer me that price if I pay cash. Presumably because they're making on the finance.
    As I said, smoke and mirrors.

It’s worth looking at the T&Cs as there’s often no penalty for paying the finance off after the first month or so.

You can then get the deal and transfer the debt to a cheaper rate.

It’s worth looking at the T&Cs as there’s often no penalty for paying the finance off after the first month or so.

You can then get the deal and transfer the debt to a cheaper rate.
    Yep. You have the right to cancel the finance by paying it off. Won't impact the price as the deal is done and you're already in the car. Will impact the sales person depending on when you cancel. I think 6 months ensures most people still get that part of the comission.

Master
    To be honest I intend to hand it back at the end and get another, so I'm happy with the £109 monthly payment.

To be honest I intend to hand it back at the end and get another, so I'm happy with the £109 monthly payment.
    In that case a pure lease deal may be cheaper.

Master
    In that case a pure lease deal may be cheaper.
    A quick google turns up nothing anywhere near the price.

A quick google turns up nothing anywhere near the price.
    Fair play; worth a look though.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Just sent Merc GLC Coupe back after 2 years and awaiting delivery of a new Golf R Estate. Will be paying £289 per month on a 6/23 with 10k/yr

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Just sent Merc GLC Coupe back after 2 years and awaiting delivery of a new Golf R Estate. Will be paying £289 per month on a 6/23 with 10k/yr

Stuart

That’s not a bad deal for the R estate, I missed a a great deal a year ago at Xmas for one as I took to long to decide it was 2/23 @ £300 with servicing included gutted. My mate ended up getting an R and I’ve drove it and loved it so I’m looking to get one in 12 months when my V90 goes back

I looked at the V90 cross country a while back, they were on a real good deal as I remember. Went to my local Volvo dealer to see the estate version and it was a huge vehicle. Nice spec, but bloody big!! Looking forward to getting the Golf R wagon now though.

Stuart

Master
    I’m coming to the end of my second Golf R deal and although I was offered the estate version I really didn’t fancy a third.

Thing is now I’m really struggling for inspiration, nothing seems to be taking my fancy in terms of a replacement.

This looks a good deal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    I’m coming to the end of my second Golf R deal and although I was offered the estate version I really didn’t fancy a third.

Thing is now I’m really struggling for inspiration, nothing seems to be taking my fancy in terms of a replacement.
    Just extended wifeys for another 12 months @ £216pm.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Just extended wifeys for another 12 months @ £216pm.

Pitch
    Can I ask who you spoke to when arranging that, I didn’t realise it was an option?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Can I ask who you spoke to when arranging that, I didn’t realise it was an option?

Thanks
    Email vwfs direct and they will forward a quote. FormalExtensions@vwfs.co.uk

That is the email I used and I course happy to chat through if you PM me bud.

Pitch

I did the same regarding an extension with VWFS on my Audi. Max they will discount is 20%, but 20% off your monthly and no deposit is a decent deal to me.
    I had also just paid £450 for a service and £300 for a couple of tyres, so technically gaining some of that back as well made it a no brainer.

What made me laugh was when I got the contract direct from an Audi dealership, they told me no option to change or extend the lease, and no option to buy the car. As well as extending, I was offered the option to buy the car as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiejack View Post
    What made me laugh was when I got the contract direct from an Audi dealership, they told me no option to change or extend the lease, and no option to buy the car. As well as extending, I was offered the option to buy the car as well
    That’s similar with bmw and alphabet. It’s almost like they are rival companies even though the bmw dealership did the original deal, they are almost competing against alphabet at the end. Nothing in it for them I guess by extending a lease, whereas alphabet were very negotiable on offering a purchase price - even asked me what I’d be prepared to pay!!

Master
    I did the same regarding an extension with VWFS on my Audi. Max they will discount is 20%, but 20% off your monthly and no deposit is a decent deal to me.
    I had also just paid £450 for a service and £300 for a couple of tyres, so technically gaining some of that back as well made it a no brainer.

Audi let me extend but only because I had ordered another car from Audi and only until it had arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Audi let me extend but only because I had ordered another car from Audi and only until it had arrived.
    I extended my Q7 for an extra 12 months, did it in the last 3 months

What made me laugh was when I got the contract direct from an Audi dealership, they told me no option to change or extend the lease, and no option to buy the car. As well as extending, I was offered the option to buy the car as well.
    WTF! I passed on that bargain S4 deal last year because my contact at Audi said there’s no option to buy!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    WTF! I passed on that bargain S4 deal last year because my contact at Audi said there’s no option to buy!
    I need to clarify my comment. It wasn’t technically audi/VWFS who offered me the car, but the auction house VWFS use to offload lease cars. They contacted me whilst the car was still VWFS owned, 3+ months in advance. VWFS must be onboard with this, because otherwise how did they have my home address to contact me and offer the car so far in advance.
    So technically Audi/VWFS are not selling the car to customers, a third party is.

I need to clarify my comment. It wasn’t technically audi/VWFS who offered me the car, but the auction house VWFS use to offload lease cars. They contacted me whilst the car was still VWFS owned, 3+ months in advance. VWFS must be onboard with this, because otherwise how did they have my home address to contact me and offer the car so far in advance.
    So technically Audi/VWFS are not selling the car to customers, a third party is.
    Interesting. Sounds like definite collusion, odd the dealers say otherwise but as pointed out seems VWFS and the bricks and mortar retailers sing from different songbooks.

Craftsman
    My VWFS contract stated that I could not buy the leased GTD that I had a few months ago directly, though makes sense if BCA or another auction body could offer it to the leaser.

The 4 series deal looks good but that model is coming to an end soon right? And did anyone get an s90 via Santander? I have one and all things considered it’s a really good car apart from it’s fuel economy. Average 27/28mpg locally

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    My VWFS contract stated that I could not buy the leased GTD that I had a few months ago directly, though makes sense if BCA or another auction body could offer it to the leaser.

The 4 series deal looks good but that model is coming to an end soon right? And did anyone get an s90 via Santander? I have one and all things considered it’s a really good car apart from it’s fuel economy. Average 27/28mpg locally
    We got a V90 a good car with lots of toys but has no personality

Craftsman
    We got a V90 a good car with lots of toys but has no personality
    I’m the same with my V90, wish I’d got the D5 2.3 engine rather than the D4

Craftsman
    True the car doesn’t have much of a “soul”, but I do like how I can drive across countries (work in Brussels, home is Birmingham) in comfort and ease. The GTD still had a firm ride and was noisy, my RS6 was firm as expected and drank a lot of fuel (but best all rounder car I have ever owned!) so it’s nice to be in a quiet, smooth environment.

I have a T4, feels quite sluggish and it’s not even an R-Design, but does its job well. Was about to place a deposit on another RS6 but then this S90 lease turned up as a car that was in stock. Made financial sense

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone seen any good deals on decent spec Volvo XC40/XC60 in passing? Just starting to look now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Anyone seen any good deals on decent spec Volvo XC40/XC60 in passing? Just starting to look now.
    Not a recent one but as an example, I pay £386pm for an XC40 First Edition (D4) on a 6+35. Took that out in April 2018. That was by far the best I could get at the time and was directly with Volvo FS.

As the car was new to the market, it had a bit of a premium but that's a figure to keep in mind.

At the same time, an XC60 Rdesign D4 was £387 on 6+23. However, the MY changed the day after I ordered and they couldn't confirm figures so I swapped to the XC40

Thought this might be a popular choice on here

Pricy but the motoring equivalent of Mrs Gyp’s sister!

That's a cracking deal to be fair.

Just heard my Golf R wagon is being delivered Thursday. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about with these cars.

Stuart

Master

That is a bargain!