closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    The XC90 R Design D5 arrived home 4 weeks ago and it is fantastic.

After 12 years of Audi, it was a leap of faith but the Chinese billions have done the trick, Volvo is going to upset the Germans in the years to come....well apparently the new X5 has already been brought forward two years due to the pain BMW are suffering at the hands of the XC90.

I appreciate there will be some badge queens who would not consider Volvo over the German or RR but look beyond and for me it is a better package and under £6k a year!!!!!

ta
    Pitch
    Of all the cars I've looked at in this class the Volvo makes the most sense, plus i think it looks great. Likely to be our next car too

The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

The XC90 R Design D5 arrived home 4 weeks ago and it is fantastic.

After 12 years of Audi, it was a leap of faith but the Chinese billions have done the trick, Volvo is going to upset the Germans in the years to come....well apparently the new X5 has already been brought forward two years due to the pain BMW are suffering at the hands of the XC90.

I appreciate there will be some badge queens who would not consider Volvo over the German or RR but look beyond and for me it is a better package and under £6k a year!!!!!

ta
    Pitch
    We were all set to go for an XC90 as well given the seemingly better value, but this survey has really put me off:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-7/

We both work full time so reliability is really important for us.

We've not had a lease car before - what happens if it goes wrong?
    Last edited by Snipe; 26th May 2018 at 18:18.

Master
    Other than:

All repair work was carried out under warranty, though.
    What did you mean?
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 26th May 2018 at 18:10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    We were all set to go for an XC90 as well given the seemingly better value, but this survey has really put me off:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-7/

We both work full time so reliability is really important for us.

We've not had a lease car before - what happens if it goes wrong?
    Any warranty work is carried out as per if you owned the car.

Regards reliability, remember the XC90 was the very first of the new platform and the first cars were subject to teething problems which seem to have been addressed.

Pitch

Craftsman
    I’m looking for a hatchback for my wife. Just seen a 3 year deal on the BMW 220i Sport Tourer Luxury Auto at £180 a month. Seems a good deal to me for a £30k car, anyone got any views on the car or the deal? It’s a 9 + 35 lease and I’ve never leased before.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I’m looking for a hatchback for my wife. Just seen a 3 year deal on the BMW 220i Sport Tourer Luxury Auto at £180 a month. Seems a good deal to me for a £30k car, anyone got any views on the car or the deal? It’s a 9 + 35 lease and I’ve never leased before.

It’s dependent on mileage. If it’s 10k, then a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    It’s 5k, I think what I actually need is about 8k.

Master
    Post your deal on PH car buying thread, you may get a better deal offered?

Craftsman
    Completely new to this so looking for advice please. We have a 64plate golf at the moment worth about 9-9.5k. Thinking of leasing something similar, has anybody px’d a car against a lease deal deposit & received the balance in cash back.
    Thanks CK

Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Completely new to this so looking for advice please. We have a 64plate golf at the moment worth about 9-9.5k. Thinking of leasing something similar, has anybody px’d a car against a lease deal deposit & received the balance in cash back.
    Thanks CK
    Not the common way, but I believe YES leasing do offer a "sell your car for you/ take it off your hands when your lease is delivered" type service. Often fleet side rather retail side run leases hence not usually a p/ex offer. Lease hire isn't a deposit it's just an initial rental figure often seen as 3, 6 or 9x the monthly lease figure or an inital figure of say £2,400 + 23x monthly figure.

A common place to see / share the latest deals is the Pistonheads thread: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...1713219&i=8860

Guide here: https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/guides/
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 12th June 2018 at 11:13.

Craftsman
    Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Thanks CK
    I've leased cars in the past through my local BMW garage and they've taken a car off me as part of the deal so yes it's doable. Only thing though, sometimes the lease deals available on these sites are better than your local dealership can offer. Not sure but I think it's maybe because they have done a deal on 20 or 30 cars to get a certain price and the local dealer might not have the buying power. I'm sure others will know more than this, but this is my understanding of it.

Thanks to this thread I got a great deal on a Honda Jazz for my son. I'm looking for myself now! I'm thinking about a Volvo V60, would need 10-12k miles per year. Anyone seen anything really competitive on the leasing side of things? Other options also considered but I think I need a mid sized estate for lugging kids and musical instruments around!

Finally got my BMW X1 XDrive 20D M-Sport delivered, came with metallic, the upgraded 19" alloys, leather upgrade and privacy glass and because it was a 67 pre-registered car instead of being a 2018 plate means I got it on a 2 year deal, 10k miles per annum, 6 months upfront for £1750 deposit and £295.00 per month.

A 2018 plate of the same model is around £3000 upfront and £500-£550, if your not bothered about looking for latest plate look out for pre registered lease deals, you can save a lot...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Just thought I’d revive this. My lease is up on my 640 Gran coupe and thinking of keeping it unless I see something at a good deal. They want 24kish which may go down as I’ve 2 months left. Lot of car and extras for the money I think.

Have to be something pretty good to replace. £500 pm maybe £550.

Blog Entries
    I have been a lease guy for a lot of years and the current car goes back first week in September i have asked for inspection and collection separately as if there is an issue with say a tyre i can sort it cheaper than MB but back to the newbie got a deal on a MB GLC 4matic AMG line with the premium pack ( sunroof ,memory seats) for 2K deposit, £340.00 Pm inc vat, 8K pa excess at 8p pm inc vat over 36 Months inc Tax non maintained but reckon two services over the period.My old dealer in Devon will be supplying the car even though they could not be bothered to get back with a proper quote and the lease is not via MB this time as they have become useless( employ more staff to answer the phones) Looked the PH link nothing came close.
    It is a “ oil burner” but will return with our driving an average of 48 mpg as to diesels loosing or maybe not loosing value not a problem, plate not a problem as it will come on SWMBO’s private one
    Last edited by mart broad; 31st July 2018 at 14:55.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I have been a lease guy for a lot of years and the current car goes back first week in September i have asked for inspection and collection separately as if there is an issue with say a tyre i can sort it cheaper than MB but back to the newbie got a deal on a MB GLC 4matic AMG line with the premium pack ( sunroof ,memory seats) for 2K deposit, £340.00 Pm inc vat, 8K pa excess at 8p pm inc vat over 36 Months inc Tax non maintained but reckon two services over the period.My old dealer in Devon will be supplying the car even though they could not be bothered to get back with a proper quote and the lease is not via MB this time as they have become useless( employ more staff to answer the phones) Looked the PH link nothing came close.
    It is a “ oil burner” but will return with our driving an average of 48 mpg as to diesels loosing or maybe not loosing value not a problem, plate not a problem as it will come on SWMBO’s private one
    I would of gone for that deal also if I hadn't got my X1 deal, there are some great deals on the MB GLC AMG 220.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Good deals on Mercedes E class at the moment, all variants incl saloon, estate and coupe. Here is an example: http://www.vanarama.co.uk/mercedesbe...ic-145281.html

Also deals on the Jaguar XF. Here is an example: https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/c...0755-2019.html
    Last edited by Spy; 2nd August 2018 at 07:11.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Good deals on Mercedes E class at the moment, all variants incl saloon, estate and coupe. Here is an example: http://www.vanarama.co.uk/mercedesbe...ic-145281.html

Also deals on the Jaguar XF. Here is an example: https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/c...0755-2019.html
    For £1.5k down you can drive a posh Merc for <£300???

Seems cheap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post

For those that do this I'm intrigued. This e class costs about £12.5 k over 3 years for 10k miles. That would buy you a 12 plate 50k mile version of the same thing. Yes it needs an MOT and probably a little more servicing but you would expect trouble free motoring for a number of years really.
    So genuinely why would you lease, what makes that decision for you?
    I suppose I'd like a new car but one a few years old looks much the same often.

Craftsman
    The answer is in the depreciation.

A new car is under warranty, so no costly repairs, and tyres, brakes etc should last the length of the lease, depending on mileage.

Road tax is also included in lease cost.

So the question is, if you bought this Merc estate new and kept it for three years, will you have lost more than £12.5k in those 3 years.
    Also, you don't have to put down/borrow the full cost of the car, only the lease cost.

2 years is usualy better as you can then pick up another lease for 2 years. The cost of this Merc estate over 2 years is £7,800. I sure that you would lose more than that over 2 years if bought new. In fact, you will probably lose that amount the day you drive it off the forecourt so this 2 year lease is good value.

Finally, comparing a 5 year old used car with 50k miles to a new car with 0 miles and under warranty is a little unfair. Leasing is for people who prefer not to have the hassle of maintaining a used car and would buy new and change their cars regularly anyway.
    Last edited by Spy; 2nd August 2018 at 12:27.

Leasing tends to be cheaper than owning a car for 2-3 years, and then selling it for a new one. That’s comparing leasing to a cash purchase, not loans with interest. If you needed a loan to buy, leasing is even cheaper.

If you don’t normally have new cars, and it doesn’t matter, or you do high miles, then leasing doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    For those that do this I'm intrigued. This e class costs about £12.5 k over 3 years for 10k miles. That would buy you a 12 plate 50k mile version of the same thing. Yes it needs an MOT and probably a little more servicing but you would expect trouble free motoring for a number of years really.
    So genuinely why would you lease, what makes that decision for you?
    I suppose I'd like a new car but one a few years old looks much the same often.
    Im guessing because that is a 6 year old car.

If everyone bought 6 year old cars, we wouldnt have any more 6 year old cars after 6 years.

Leasing can be cheaper than buying new in a lot of cases, and for some a full warranty is a very good safety net, especially with some cars that are v expensive to put right when the go wrong - like a 12 plate E class for example.
    It's just a matter of time...

My brother in law is a business development manager for a large UK based car dealer.
    He deals with mainly Mercedes and as already been said on this thread there's some amazing deals at the moment. Other than the fact he's my BIL I have no affiliation with the company.
    The vehicles can be deleivered nationwide however he is based in the Slough and is responsible for a large area. If anyone is interested I can pass on his details to you or PM me yours to pass on etc.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother in law is a business development manager for a large UK based car dealer.
    He deals with mainly Mercedes and as already been said on this thread there's some amazing deals at the moment. Other than the fact he's my BIL I have no affiliation with the company.
    The vehicles can be deleivered nationwide however he is based in the Slough and is responsible for a large area. If anyone is interested I can pass on his details to you or PM me yours to pass on etc.

Master
    I’ve been looking at X3’s on and off for a few months. As a guide they’ve been around:

£600 per month plus 6 months deposit including vat (or on personal) for a 3.0l M Sport. 3 yrs. 10k.

Yesterday BMW are importing a number on a specific deal as long as it’s registered by 31st August:

£471 per month plus 6 months deposit. Again 3.0l M Sport. 3 yrs. 10k. Also has folding mirrors, protection glass and extra storage pack (about £900 in extras). There’s about 10 blue and 10 grey available.

That quite a big saving over 3 years. Think the 2.0 was around £407pm.

I found one with m sport plus pack, heads up and sun roof for just over £500 all I’m so considering that.

Journeyman
    Good thread. I just went the way of leasing. Picked up a Volvo XC60 T5 R Design for £3000 deposit and £402 pm maintenance included. That’s over 3 years with 10k p/a. Given the equivalent PCP from Volvo worked out at over £760 pm I couldn’t really see a downside!

Got the car from Select Car Leasing who we’re really professional.

Very nice indeed! Enjoy your new car!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Im guessing because that is a 6 year old car.

If everyone bought 6 year old cars, we wouldnt have any more 6 year old cars after 6 years.

Leasing can be cheaper than buying new in a lot of cases, and for some a full warranty is a very good safety net, especially with some cars that are v expensive to put right when the go wrong - like a 12 plate E class for example.
    This. And If you’ve seen the new E Class, a huge amount has changed since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’ve been looking at X3’s on and off for a few months. As a guide they’ve been around:

£600 per month plus 6 months deposit including vat (or on personal) for a 3.0l M Sport. 3 yrs. 10k.

Yesterday BMW are importing a number on a specific deal as long as it’s registered by 31st August:

£471 per month plus 6 months deposit. Again 3.0l M Sport. 3 yrs. 10k. Also has folding mirrors, protection glass and extra storage pack (about £900 in extras). There’s about 10 blue and 10 grey available.

That quite a big saving over 3 years. Think the 2.0 was around £407pm.

I found one with m sport plus pack, heads up and sun roof for just over £500 all I’m so considering that.

I'd jump on that if was you. It's a WLTP deal for this month only and if you don't get it they pre-register the X3 or, by now, someone else might have scooped it up. The X3 is a fine car but the one to have is the M40i which is a weapon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I'd jump on that if was you. It's a WLTP deal for this month only and if you don't get it they pre-register the X3 or, by now, someone else might have scooped it up. The X3 is a fine car but the one to have is the M40i which is a weapon.
    That's good to know, I ordered it, currently in a boat and due in the next two weeks. The BMW garage lent us one for a few days to try. I was looking at the M40i but they was nothing on that deal plus (as my wife told me) I'm not really driving much myself so won't make the most of it, especially as when I do drive my 2 year old is with me. The 3L isn't as quick as my 640 but still nippy at 5.8 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That's good to know, I ordered it, currently in a boat and due in the next two weeks. The BMW garage lent us one for a few days to try. I was looking at the M40i but they was nothing on that deal plus (as my wife told me) I'm not really driving much myself so won't make the most of it, especially as when I do drive my 2 year old is with me. The 3L isn't as quick as my 640 but still nippy at 5.8 secs.

Which one did you go for?

The M40i can be had for around £470 plus VAT on, for example, a 9+23/8k per annum PCH deal. Adding options on a BMW feeds into the RV which helps mitigate the cost....especially with an option like M Sport Plus pack.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Which one did you go for?

The M40i can be had for around £470 plus VAT on, for example, a 9+23/8k per annum PCH deal. Adding options on a BMW feeds into the RV which helps mitigate the cost....especially with an option like M Sport Plus pack.
    I went for the 3.0d M Sport on personal with m sport plus pack, heads up display and sunroof as extras on 10k a year for 3 years. On a personal deal at 3k deposit and just over 500pm all in. Couldn’t see any on the M40 anywhere near that. When I say ‘I’ it’s more for my wife as I drive 2 miles to work a day and back.

I’ve bought both my sons (19 and 17) Ford Focus 1.0 eco boost 2014 plates in manual and I drive one of them to work and strangely quite enjoy it. They have absolutely no guts whatsoever but I feel safer for them.

I’ve just manage to secure what think is an incredible 27% reduction off list for a brand new Mercedes E class cab that was in the showroom. Lucky it was also the exact spec I was looking for. A pcp deal on 20k mileage per annum. He threw gap insurance and a full tank of fuel in as well. The sales guys said that they have some great savings on certain cars this month.

My Audi doesn’t go back until the end of the month so it’s going to be a long two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Andyp1973; 16th September 2018 at 20:18.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DazBock View Post
    Good thread. I just went the way of leasing. Picked up a Volvo XC60 T5 R Design for £3000 deposit and £402 pm maintenance included. That’s over 3 years with 10k p/a. Given the equivalent PCP from Volvo worked out at over £760 pm I couldn’t really see a downside!

Got the car from Select Car Leasing who we’re really professional.

Joining this thread a little late. But that Volvo looks lovely. And a nice deal by sounds of it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Joining this thread a little late. But that Volvo looks lovely. And a nice deal by sounds of it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    If you’re looking at the XC60 then Santander have probably the best lease rates around at the moment. You need to be a 1-2-3 customer but for the saving you can quickly open an account online.

Tend to be 18 month deals but you can be driving a a T5 XC60 for £399 a month with no initial rental. Just momentum spec though on the website but you can ring and get quotes on any model.

The new V60 estates work out at pretty amazing prices.

https://www.santanderconsumer.co.uk/...racthireoffer/

Like most things though you will probably be looking into next year for delivery now.

I didn’t want to spend quite this much on something to run back and forth to the office in so ordered a VW Arteon. Downside is a potential 6 month lead time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    If you’re looking at the XC60 then Santander have probably the best lease rates around at the moment. You need to be a 1-2-3 customer but for the saving you can quickly open an account online.

Tend to be 18 month deals but you can be driving a a T5 XC60 for £399 a month with no initial rental. Just momentum spec though on the website but you can ring and get quotes on any model.

The new V60 estates work out at pretty amazing prices.

https://www.santanderconsumer.co.uk/...racthireoffer/

Like most things though you will probably be looking into next year for delivery now.

I didn’t want to spend quite this much on something to run back and forth to the office in so ordered a VW Arteon. Downside is a potential 6 month lead time!
    Very helpful link. Will keep this in mind next time I change. Nice bonus of no deposit too!

Craftsman
    My brother got a great deal on an XC90 direct with Volvo £3800 down and £378 per month for 23 months 10PA

Blog Entries
    Volvo S90 D4 2.0d Momentum Auto Saloon
    18 Months
    7000 Miles Per Anum
    INITIAL Rental =£2500 + vat
    17 x Monthly rentals: £69.99 + Vat
    10K per annum £2500+vat initial rental 17 rentals £86.99+vat

OR
    NO INITIAL (1+17): 7k £209.99 + Vat
    NO INITIAL (1+17): 10k £226.99 + Vat
    R-Design £15+vat a month more

NO STOCK Factory order Jan Delivery onwards
    (Can order for New March 19 plate)

- - - Updated - - -

Please Email for Application
    EMAIL ME DIRECTLY

Must Be Quick, Limited Numbers
    (click below)

keith@centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk

Journeyman
    some nice lease deals on here.....but I typically don't spend more then 2000 a year on a car in terms of TCO.....

Master
    18 Months
    7000 Miles Per Anum

OR

- - - Updated - - -

EMAIL ME DIRECTLY

(click below)

That looks a fantastic deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wantasub View Post
    some nice lease deals on here.....but I typically don't spend more then 2000 a year on a car in terms of TCO.....
    You might just get a scooter for that (if you're lucky of course.)

Advice on Business two car leasing

Novice at leasing. My mate owns her own business with her sister and they want to lease a car each through the business.

Just need two small (polo etc) cars doing upto 8k a year. Who's best for them to look at? Any help welcomed as ever?

Come on TZ Hive mind - help these ladies out!!

Cheers

Master
    Make a start here which searches across multiple companies. There are loads of options for refining your search.

https://leasing.com

Master
    18 Months
    7000 Miles Per Anum

OR

- - - Updated - - -

EMAIL ME DIRECTLY

(click below)

Anyone see a good deal on an V90 estate?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Anyone see a good deal on an V90 estate?
    There were deals but seem to have finished as they are only pushing the S90.

I picked up the V90 Estate direct from my local Volvo dealer after showing them a quote I’d received from another.

3+24 @ £312 including VAT for the R-Design so might be worth asking Volvo directly but make sure you tell them the price otherwise they’ll offer you a silly price as that’s what happened with me.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbaws View Post
    There were deals but seem to have finished as they are only pushing the S90.

I picked up the V90 Estate direct from my local Volvo dealer after showing them a quote I’d received from another.

3+24 @ £312 including VAT for the R-Design so might be worth asking Volvo directly but make sure you tell them the price otherwise they’ll offer you a silly price as that’s what happened with me.

We did the same, direct from Volvo East London, we got a momentum as the Mrs was not keen on the R Design in metallic with family and winter packs for £282 a month for 18 months. But the V is always more than the S, there was a good V60 deal a few weeks ago but the cars went quickly

Master
    If anyone see any decent Range Rover lease deals let me know.

Tesla Model S 75D with enhanced autopilot. £10k down. £698 P/M, 48 months/10k miles per year.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Tesla Model S 75D with enhanced autopilot. £10k down. £698 P/M, 48 months/10k miles per year.
    £43.5k to rent a car for 4 years?
    Sorry but that’s just nuts to me....

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    £43.5k to rent a car for 4 years?
    Sorry but that’s just nuts to me....

Works out at £906 per month all in which is a steal for that car and you can pay £38k at the end and keep it. You'd pay around £250 a month more for a BMW M5 and the Tesla is in a different league. Don't forget no fuel bills/road tax/congestion charges either.

I test drove it today- seriously considering it
    Last edited by ryanb741; 2nd November 2018 at 23:06.