closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    Be careful with the VW deal. Most people are being quoted 2023 for Transporters at the moment.

Pete
    Really? I’ve been told next June/July and if it doesn’t turn up by end of July I can get a full refund of the broker fee..
    I suppose I’d rather have a few hats in the mix as we may be in this Covid era of unknown issues for quite sometime…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    2 deals I’ve juts signed up for..
    VW transporter 2.0tdi £1250 deposit £135 per month 24 months term 5k miles

Toyota hilux invincible x 2.8tdi auto £1900 deposit £215 per month 24 months term 5k miles

Seems incredibly cheap motoring for the money. Only downside is factory orders so won’t be till July/august/September for delivery…
    Fine for me…£350 a month for two vehicles combined 10k miles
    It's not though, is it?

Your VW costs £135 x 23 + £1250 = £4355 or £181.46 per month over the term.

Your Toyota costs £215 x 23 + £1900 = £6845 or £285.21 per month over the term.

That's £466.67 in total per month, before fuel, insurance & maintenance. Actually, it will be slightly more as I see you've mentioned brokers' fees in another, later post. They seem to be £200 & £360 respectively.

I'm not knocking your deals. I'm only expanding your supplied figures.
    Last edited by jwg663; 24th November 2021 at 12:05.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    It's not though, is it?

Your VW costs £135 x 23 + £1250 = £4355 or £181.46 per month over the term.

Your Toyota costs £215 x 23 + £1900 = £6845 or £285.21 per month over the term.

That's £466.67 in total per month, before fuel, insurance & maintenance. Actually, it will be slightly more as I see you've mentioned brokers' fees in another, later post. They seem to be £200 & £360 respectively.

I'm not knocking your deals. I'm only expanding your supplied figures.

If you check the links your own calculations are not correct either. Jim...

1. VW = 9+23 profile @ 23 x £138.88 (inc VAT) plus 1 x £1,249.88 (inc VAT) plus £239.99 (inc VAT) Brokerage fee = £4,684.11

2. Toyota = 9+23 profile @ 23 x £195.00 (inc VAT) plus 1 x £1,755.00 (inc VAT) plus £360.00 (inc VAT) Brokerage fee = £6,600.00

Total per month, over 24 month term = £470.17 inc VAT.

However if the O/P is a VAT registered business he will also be reclaiming/offsetting half of the VAT on all the above rentals, plus all of the VAT on the brokerage/admin fees.

I'd be amazed if he actually gets the VW deal/the van at all as their lead times are horrific and still subject to huge delays for 2022...

My calculations were based on the round figures supplied by Yeti in his initial post on the subject. I (foolishly, perhaps) expected them to be accurate.

The links were in a later post.

He didn't mention brokerage fees until a further post.

I don't know if the vehicles are for a VAT registered business.
    ______

​Jim.

My calculations were based on the round figures supplied by Yeti in his initial post on the subject. I (foolishly, perhaps) expected them to be accurate.

The links were in a later post.

He didn't mention brokerage fees until a further post.

I don't know if the vehicles are for a VAT registered business.
    Regardless of fees etc I’m still happy with the deals as I like the fixed cost per month as opposed to spending a big chunk of savings on a car.
    Please also remember I don’t pay the road tax on a lease car so this is a saving.
    My business is investing of which I can generate typically £150pcm on an outlay of circa £20k. Two vehicles purchased outright would be £70k so I use my initial savings pot to make money to then lease my cars which typically end up not costing me a lot of money by way of depreciation. Not for everyone agreed. But works for me.

This thread seems to have gone quiet recently. Do the lease deals tend to dry up towards the end of the year?

I'm actively on the look out for a lease deal as we need a new motor next year. Went to look at the VW T-Roc today which looks nice, particularly the SEL spec.

Anyone got any tips on how to find the best deals? Is it a case of signing up to a few mailing lists?

Edit: I've never leased before!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    This thread seems to have gone quiet recently.
    I suspect because the supply of new cars has dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Anyone got any tips on how to find the best deals? Is it a case of signing up to a few mailing lists?

Edit: I've never leased before!

First port of call for comparison is a site like -

www.leaseloco.com

There are other, similar sites, but Leaseloco is pretty comprehensive.
    ______

​Jim.

First port of call for comparison is a site like -

www.leaseloco.com

There are other, similar sites, but Leaseloco is pretty comprehensive.
    Super, thank you

Master
    Bit of a random one but im in the market for a new (ISH) car - I dont really care too much for cars its more about the deal but the lease market has gone through the roof and I cant see any deals as such if anyone has a nice vehicle ideally with less than 50k on the clock and thinking of selling to the trade please contact me as id happily pay a premium

Ultimately im after a deal and not anything specific but saw this
    Land Rover Range Rover Sport
    3.0 P440e Dynamic SE 5dr
    3 yr deal 8000 miles

£812.90
    Per month, inc. VAT

£5,177.42

Total Upfront
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 7th June 2022 at 08:53.

[QUOTE=R0bertb00th;6005894]Bit of a random one but im in the market for a new (ISH) car - I dont really care too much for cars its more about the deal but the lease market has gone through the roof and I cant see any deals as such if anyone has a nice vehicle ideally with less than 50k on the clock and thinking of selling to the trade please contact me as id happily pay a premium

3.0 P440e Dynamic SE 5dr
    3 yr deal 8000 miles

£812.90
    Per month, inc. VAT

£5,177.42

Total Upfront[
    /QUOTE]

Flipping hell, different world

Don’t bother with Range Rover. The build quality is shocking, I’ve owned 3 and kept thinking one more it can’t be as bad as the last one but the faults kept coming. Engine failure is a reality with them so budget for hefty repair bills. 2 good friends of mine in the space of the last 3 years needed engines. I think they were both the 3 litre td units

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Read it wrong

Expecting my VW Transporter at the end of the month. The way cars/vans have gone I’m really happy with the deal I secured. 24 month deal, £135 per month and £1250 deposit. To me it is cheap motoring.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Bit of a random one but im in the market for a new (ISH) car - I dont really care too much for cars its more about the deal but the lease market has gone through the roof and I cant see any deals as such if anyone has a nice vehicle ideally with less than 50k on the clock and thinking of selling to the trade please contact me as id happily pay a premium

3.0 P440e Dynamic SE 5dr
    3 yr deal 8000 miles

£812.90
    Per month, inc. VAT

£5,177.42

Total Upfront

Biblically lousy deal.

And with JLR you can kiss goodbye to any promised lead time or price protection from the funder too...

Expecting my VW Transporter at the end of the month. The way cars/vans have gone I’m really happy with the deal I secured. 24 month deal, £135 per month and £1250 deposit. To me it is cheap motoring.
    Can I ask who that is with please?

Just ordered my wife an Audi A4 Avant 40TSI S-line with tech pack for January delivery.
    List price is a tad over £42k.
    £2600 deposit and £280 per month on a 24 month deal with 5k miles per year and 0.10p a mile thereafter.
    All signed and confirmed, spoke to the broker today whose advised the same car is now £600+ a month…
    Over the moon!
    (Broker was select car leasing)

Just ordered my wife an Audi A4 Avant 40TSI S-line with tech pack for January delivery.
    £2600 deposit and £280 per month on a 24 month deal with 5k miles per year and 0.10p a mile thereafter.
    All signed and confirmed, spoke to the broker today whose advised the same car is now £600+ a month
    Over the moon!
    hmm with tech pack 307.13/pm :https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasin...bebd5e6/config either way looks like you got the tech pack for free compared to this one

RS Megane goes back in November, but with eldest about to start driving I might run a cheap one that they can have once passed their test, then look again at leases.
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 7th July 2023 at 12:40.

My Seat Ateca arrives on Monday. I ordered it last October and the price I agreed then seems to be a steal when I look at comparative pricing today. Managed to get a 24 month deal on 10k miles per year (3.6p a mile thereafter), maintenance and no deposit for £268 per month. Only problem is my wife has decided that she now wants the car and I’m back to square one looking for something to replace my stop gap car.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    hmm with tech pack 307.13/pm :https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasin...bebd5e6/config either way looks like you got the tech pack for free compared to this one

RS Megane goes back in November, but with eldest about to start driving I might run a cheap one that they can have once passed their test, then look again at leases.
    Is that included vat? Doesn’t seem a bad deal but you wouldn’t know until you called and tried to order one whether you could guarantee the quoted price. Seems strange Select had the deal running and have now pulled it so am surprised others could undercut them as I believe select are pretty big…

Master
    All signed and confirmed, spoke to the broker today whose advised the same car is now £600+ a month…
    Over the moon!
    Had an A4 40tsi black edition for 2 yrs on lease.
    Looked the part and is nice internally.
    Driving experience is poor though .Like driving a big sofa and miles behind a 3 series.
    Like yours the deal was good though so served it's purpose.
    Last edited by Hood; 7th July 2023 at 14:49.

Over the moon!
    Fair, but £600 a month was bsing you

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk