Thread: Rogue One - New trailer

Rogue One - New trailer

New trailer out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

Ooooh, exciting

Brighty

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah. :-)

I like that a lot. It pushes all the right buttons.

FANTASTIC. I don't bother seeing many films at the cinema, but this is a must.
    Thanks for posting OP.

As much as I hate the cynicism of Disney milking the Star Wars universe for all its worth, this does look good. Let's hope the health and safety was better than Force Awakens ;-)

Was it already common knowledge before this trailer that Vader was in it?

Brighty

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Was it already common knowledge before this trailer that Vader was in it?

Brighty
    yep. He appeared briefly at the end of the last teaser they released too - along with the breathing noises.

Am very much looking forward to this - much as I'd rather they just get on with the new trilogy this looks awesome too.

The recently released Russian poster for it looks amazing. Pushing the war film angle further than ever - even more than Stormtroopers wading through the surf, which pushed my nerd buttons...

I'm really looking forward to this. Looks like a nice mix of the old school 70's original, but with sensible use of modern special effects to expand the story without making it look too shiny and 'Star Trekky'. I also like the idea of a prequel to Star Wars (I don't go along with 'A new hope' as a title - the film I saw multiple times in 1977 was called simply Star Wars!) - nice to see Vader back to his old scary self, hopefully no sign of whiny Hayden Christensen - shudder _!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Master
    It's a great trailer but so we're the trailers for The Episode IV remake (sorry, Episode VII) and I was really disappointed with the film. I truly hope that's not the case this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Great trailer, there's been a lot of speculation about Vader being in it since a fan noticed a ship that looks identical to Vader's star destroyer the Devastator flying past the Death Star in the first teaser trailer for Rogue One, the same ship that was chasing down Princess Leia in the opening scene from the original SW film.

As this is set directly prior to the original Star Wars, it wouldn't have made any sense for Vader not to be in this movie?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    There has been reports of reshoots taking place (which is not necessarily unusual on a film of this scale) and of a second director being brought in to oversee the edit. I hope both are not a sign that there are problems, because I'm looking forward to this and I really want it to be a good old fashioned Star Wars tale. As much as The Force Awakens was a rehash of the original Star Wars film, it had a similar "real" look and tone to the original which felt nostalgic to me, rather than the CGI fests of the prequels.

Journeyman
    Looks good!

Craftsman
    Looks great. I broke my rule of not watching for trailers for this.

(I find these days a trailer basically shows a much abridged version of the whole film, so there are no surprises left when I watch it. It's just filling in the blanks largely.)

Blog Entries
    I find old trailers for say Star Wars or empire strikes back quite bland in a good way without revealing too much - they need to do the trailers for the modern ones in this way also - if you watch the old trailers on 80's vhs they show a lot of random scenes which aren't too revealing of the overall film and usually accompanied by the deep voiced American guy who dominated the narration over most of what I can remember nearly all American /uk released films in 80's and 90's . Just YouTube a few original trailers and see... There were hardly major spoilers just scenes that fitted to the narrators overview on the trailer !!

Basically what vole boy has above mentioned

Colin

Blog Entries
    This needs a bump as it's only two weeks away - more trailers have surfaced

Ive just watched one of the newer trailers and have to say that it really does look good.

I'm in.

Blog Entries
    Yes the trailer with the Japanese subtitles look excellent and the final trailer is brilliant .
    Bridging the gap between revenge of situ and a new hope -this stand alone war film seems to be better than force awakens .

Plus no opening crawl

I love the piano over the trailer and the finale music seems epic .

Journeyman
    Got already tickets for 4DX in cinema. Wohhoo.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Iv always liked Star Wars, watched the odd film here and there through the years and have seen them all and know the story, the last release was great we watched it in IMAX in Virginia USA, but after watching that trailer I feel a bit 'meh' about it...! A lot of scenes just look like remakes from the older classics.