closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

My local Rolex AD (Fraser Hart in Kingston) advised that Rolex seem to be ramping up production and that they are getting more sports models. The SD in particular is coming in more frequently. Hulk, BLNR, Cameron still scarce. Daytona still very elusive and recipients decided by head office who vet the waiting list for the Daytona (waiting lists for other models done at branch level). So basically unless you are super desperate to get one don't pay above list for the SD as these will be much more available in 2018.

Master
    Just landed back from St Lucia, and the watch shop in the airport had an amazing selection of pretty much every flavour of Rolex, aside from Daytona, BLNR, SD or Cameron (I was wishful thinking!)

Great passion and knowledge from the ladies behind the counter, far superior to what I’ve experienced in the UK.

Fell in love with the white gold GMT Pan Am, but it’s a never never for me

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Bricks & Mortar shop in Devon not AD had a meters first 4 line submariner in window on friday....owner doesnt want shop openly advertised here though i can respond to PM's i guess - i have no idea of price.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Black Bay Bronze today in Michael Spiers in Plymouth if anyone is interested.

^^^^^^
    Dam, I missed that one!

I was in there yesterday, looking at some of their DJ's.

Though, I did see that they had both the black & blue dial Milgauss, as well as an Explorer 1.

Craftsman
    Can't Rolex just pause on making the Milgauss and Explorers and make a few more Daytonas and BLNRs.... that would make a lot of people happier, they would sell more watches and give them a chance to sell existing stock..

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    Can't Rolex just pause on making the Milgauss and Explorers and make a few more Daytonas and BLNRs.... that would make a lot of people happier, they would sell more watches and give them a chance to sell existing stock..
    I’d say it’s working just fine for them as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I’d say it’s working just fine for them as it is.
    And the explorer, whilst more readily available than the most sought after models, is not a particularly common sight in AD windows either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And the explorer, whilst more readily available than the most sought after models, is not a particularly common sight in AD windows either.
    I agree with this.

Over the past two weeks, I have visited two different cities and two different Jewellers, both of whom had an Explorer 1 in the window.

When I enquired about them, I was told that they had arrived that week, in what they expected to be the last shipment from Rolex, until the New Year.

Craftsman
    Polar explorer 2 in the goldsmiths window at lakeside last night

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    In Meloneras (Gran Canaria) and both Rolex shops have the date and non date subs. Was here the same time last year and they both had them as well as BLNR’s in each back then.

Haven’t checked the prices and there’s the import cost as well I guess, as well as a ropey euro rate but supply is better than blighty.
    Prices will be shocking there!!! ...and that's before the VAT.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I was in tenerife late November.

Had a BNLR in the window which converted sterling at £7300 approx.

That's not vat included

2 pre-owned Daytona’s in Lunns, Belfast at lunchtime today.

Craftsman
    Those are a bit overpriced??

Those are a bit overpriced??
    Certainly the 116520. Mike Wood had a full set with recent service for under £11k last week.

Lunns are the only Rolex AD in Northern Ireland and therefore have quite a captive audience/market.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Black Bay Bronze today in Michael Spiers in Plymouth if anyone is interested.
    Really like the black bay and pelagos & the retro chrono too.. not so taken with north flag but sadly....spiers in Exeter today has now has a big Tudor display with David Beckham's stupid boat race in window behind all the watches & it's put me right off them...

SWAG in Bluewater had quite a line up yesterday if you want to pay well over rrp

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    2 pre-owned Daytona’s in Lunns, Belfast at lunchtime today.
    Never seen one with numerals, like that?

not popular?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Never seen one with numerals, like that?

not popular?

Al
    White gold!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    White gold!

Race dial is lovely on the WG version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    SWAG in Bluewater had quite a line up yesterday if you want to pay well over rrp
    Imagine there's no lists
    It isn't hard to do
    No need for greed and premiums
    A dealership full of stock

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    Just release more watches
    And the world can live as one.

Master
    Just seen on their Facebook page that Mercers Jewellers in Enniskillen, an ex Rolex AD, have 2 x 116520 both a black dial and a white dial.

No affiliation blah blah blah, however have dealt with Jonathan of Mercers on numerous occassions and he is a gentleman.

£9150 for a BLNR and £12250 for a SD43......wow!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Imagine there's no lists
    It isn't hard to do
    No need for greed and premiums
    A dealership full of stock

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    Just release more watches
    And the world can live as one.
    Ha ha very good :-)

A 10% rise, no maybe a 15% rise would soon put paid to all this over rrp pricing. That said for many years europe was far cheaper than than U.K. it’s only been like it here for 18 months so maybe they are happy to do nothing for now.

Master
    Blog Entries

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Pragnells in Mayfair have a SS gmt Black and airking in the window.
    Last edited by Middo; 23rd December 2017 at 16:36.

Just seen a New Daytona in the window of the AD out here

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Just seen a New Daytona in the window of the AD out here
    Nice - new white gold version that

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Nice - new white gold version that
    I was guessing it had to be a gold model being there in the window

Master
    Rolex Explorer in WOS Glasgow today-not that rare a find but there for somebody

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Just seen on their Facebook page that Mercers Jewellers in Enniskillen, an ex Rolex AD, have 2 x 116520 both a black dial and a white dial.

No affiliation blah blah blah, however have dealt with Jonathan of Mercers on numerous occassions and he is a gentleman.
    Would second That, a true gent.

Speaking with a chap this week, they had received their white ceramic Daytona recently in their shipment, they do not get many and do not do lists but are not allowed to put it in the window.

I said is that because the internet would explode,

Chap agreed, and yes they sold it very shortly after. Offer it only to preferred customers they know will not instantly flip it.

Seen a lot of white, yellow and rose gold Daytona’s on my travels in the last few weeks.

I was looking for a Explorer 1, found one, nice but not on me, so passed. Oh well.
    Last edited by pastrana72; 24th December 2017 at 01:59.

Craftsman
    Fair amount of SS rolex in goldsmiths in Reading. Had a Milgauss, Polar Explorer 2, Explorer, Air King and a ton of nice steel DJs.

Journeyman
    I picked up a brand new SS sub date from the local AD today - actually purchased it just before christmas but was away and only got back in town today.

Was initially put on the waiting list in the last week of November and was told 1 year at the time. In fact the weekend before i went away on Christmas i had visited the AD and they were still saying a 1 year wait..

Looks like availability must be getting a lot better these days. I can't believe the prices still being quoted on watchfinder for 1-2 yr old used models.

Very happy with what is my first ever Rolex, but incredibly underwhelmed by the service - not even offered a water/coffee/tea at the AD whilst we waited for the watch/ bracelet to be adjusted.

Craftsman
    Went through LHR T3 yesterday... next to no steel... just some datejusts.

Went through LHR T3 yesterday... next to no steel... just some datejusts.

I hope it's a bit better in a couple of weeks when I'm there.

Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Not a SS in sight at Heathrow T5 and just a YM2 and White Milgauss at Schiphol today!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kermorvan666 View Post
    I picked up a brand new SS sub date from the local AD today - actually purchased it just before christmas but was away and only got back in town today.

Was initially put on the waiting list in the last week of November and was told 1 year at the time. In fact the weekend before i went away on Christmas i had visited the AD and they were still saying a 1 year wait..

Looks like availability must be getting a lot better these days. I can't believe the prices still being quoted on watchfinder for 1-2 yr old used models.

Very happy with what is my first ever Rolex, but incredibly underwhelmed by the service - not even offered a water/coffee/tea at the AD whilst we waited for the watch/ bracelet to be adjusted.
    You got it a year faster than expected. Sounds like great service to me :-)

Craftsman
    Will be checking out T5 in a couple weeks as well... how I wish for a DS D-Blue to be sitting there!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Siysiy View Post
    Will be checking out T5 in a couple weeks as well... how I wish for a DS D-Blue to be sitting there!!
    Admire your optimism!

Been kicking myself since I didn’t buy a Hulk that had just arrived there 18 months ago!

Remember desperately trying to book a one way flight to Iceland whilst there to get the Vat free price. Bloody BA App wouldn’t let me. I guess because I was already checked in and through security for a flight to Bologna.

Quote Originally Posted by Siysiy View Post
    Haha good luck with that one lol

Master
    Fair amount of SS rolex in goldsmiths in Reading. Had a Milgauss, Polar Explorer 2, Explorer, Air King and a ton of nice steel DJs.
    That’s often the case in AD’s - unfortunately they aren’t the ones that are difficult to get hold of.

Long shot I know, but if anyone is travelling to Bucharest, in the window of the Rolex AD in the Marriott hotel, they had ceramic subs, date and no-date, both two tone (date version of course) and SS, a couple of DJs and an Explorer II polar.

I think I saw a DSSD inside and last time I visited, they also had the deep blue version.

Unfortunately, they were closed today so not sure of the stock inside or the prices, I wanted to try on the polar Explorer.

Kind Regards,
    Catalin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Inq24; 7th January 2018 at 20:44.

Craftsman
    How do prices in the UAE compare to over here? Need to buy the wife a 116234 and wondering whether to buy out there or over here. Are WoS in T3 likely to have one in stock?

Master
    Every time I've time I've been I've found the Dealers over there more often than not more expensive, may get lucky at the Airport but wouldn't rely on it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    How do prices in the UAE compare to over here? Need to buy the wife a 116234 and wondering whether to buy out there or over here. Are WoS in T3 likely to have one in stock?
    VAT aside they are about the same if not a little cheaper than the UK, the popular sports models are easier to get too. High street dealers have a little wiggle room even on SS sports models ( not Daytona, BLNR or D blue). You will find most SS sports on Dubai and AD airports, I picked up my deep blue in Dubai airport, they remembered me from my inbound flight and offered me a BLNR that I had asked about too ( if I could wait 40 mins).
    Last edited by Middo; 8th January 2018 at 17:05.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    VAT aside they are about the same if not a little cheaper than the UK, the popular sports models are easier to get too. High street dealers have a little wiggle room even on SS sports models ( not Daytona, BLNR or D blue). You will find most SS sports on Dubai and AD airports, I picked up my deep blue in Dubai airport, they remembered me from my inbound flight and offered me a BLNR that I had asked about too ( if I could wait 40 mins).
    Thank you for your help.

I didn't think there was any VAT/sales tax in the UAE? Or are you saying that their prices are similar to our duty free ones? It's the 36mm datejust that I'm (more specifically my wife is) after.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for your help.

I didn't think there was any VAT/sales tax in the UAE? Or are you saying that their prices are similar to our duty free ones? It's the 36mm datejust that I'm (more specifically my wife is) after.
    You can order a DJ36 to the Rolex Boutique at Heathrow and they will hold it for you (for 2 weeks IIRC).

Master
    Thank you for your help.

It will be the VAT / Duty sue returning to the UK.

Since Jan 1st though, there is now a 5% VAT added in Dubai, and retailers have taken the opportunity to raise prices by 10% or more

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad View Post
    You can order a DJ36 to the Rolex Boutique at Heathrow and they will hold it for you (for 2 weeks IIRC).
    Thanks - I'm going through T3, flying VAA so not sure whether this is an option. Will give WoS a call and see what's what.