timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 4075

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why ‘certified’?
    Makes it special, gives the owner an even warmer feeling!

Master
    Sky Dweller priced at £34,500 in Mappin and Webb Chester. Looked to be a bi metal ( Im no expert on Sky D’s ).

Next to two subs that had no price and “ exhibition models only” All other watches had no prices on too, maybe an error.

Steve

Ps Could be the same group stock NotaGlove saw at another Mappin and Webb dealers on 20th August.
    Last edited by higham5; 19th September 2023 at 14:58.

Recent trip to Bluewater to help a friend try a few watches on and give my thoughts.

Mappin & Webb registered my mates interest in a few, Rolex Sub (ND & date) plus the 39 Explorer. Unsure how successful he will be, but he's smitten by the brand and only really wants a Rolex and more so now a Sub.

Odd that as previously mentioned my local M&W stopped doing Rolex, but Bluewater happy to ROI.

Anyways thought I'd quickly try on the new ND as only experience was when I nearly purchased the maxi case variant.

My honest thought, as lovely in the flesh it was, the white gold indices, the finishing and monochromatic look, it felt huge compared to my BB58. Think mainly due to the crown guards.

Think my day's of wanting one and probably getting one are over, maybe if I were to ever look a 2 liner 14060m would be my choice. (& yes I know my Tudor is not as good as the Sub)

Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Recent trip to Bluewater to help a friend try a few watches on and give my thoughts.

Mappin & Webb registered my mates interest in a few, Rolex Sub (ND & date) plus the 39 Explorer. Unsure how successful he will be, but he's smitten by the brand and only really wants a Rolex and more so now a Sub.

Odd that as previously mentioned my local M&W stopped doing Rolex, but Bluewater happy to ROI.

Anyways thought I'd quickly try on the new ND as only experience was when I nearly purchased the maxi case variant.

My honest thought, as lovely in the flesh it was, the white gold indices, the finishing and monochromatic look, it felt huge compared to my BB58. Think mainly due to the crown guards.

Think my day's of wanting one and probably getting one are over, maybe if I were to ever look a 2 liner 14060m would be my choice. (& yes I know my Tudor is not as good as the Sub)[/

Think my day's of wanting one and probably getting one are over, maybe if I were to ever look a 2 liner 14060m would be my choice. (& yes I know my Tudor is not as good as the Sub)
    I found the same when I recently went to try a SD43 & ND sub. Both were nice but have zero charm. I really wanted to love the SD43 having already owned a 2017 11460 which I sold it as it was a bit boring and a 116660 deep sea which I sold after 6 months . I have now got a 14060 2 liner which wears about the same as a 58 and is super comfortable on my 7.5 inch wrist.
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 25th September 2023 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    The older 5 digit models are far nicer looking in my opinion compared to the newer more jewellery like 6 digit references.

Craftsman
    Are we still thinking the chance of getting a No date sub new is slim? Two years on the “list” with nothing. I’m very tempted to go a different route now that the markets simmering.

Craftsman
    When WOS say they’re taking expressions of interest for the Submariner then your (mine as well!) chances are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    When WOS say they’re taking expressions of interest for the Submariner then your (mine as well!) chances are better.

I’ll still not hold my breath but we live in hope I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    Are we still thinking the chance of getting a No date sub new is slim? Two years on the “list” with nothing. I’m very tempted to go a different route now that the markets simmering.
    Just be persistently annoying, if you can, call in to the shop at least once a month and ask how you're getting on in the list. They'll recognise you soon enough and get the idea you really want it. They'll have hundreds of names of people who called in once and never to be seen again.

I called in to an AD at the weekend, they had a Sub on display. It'll be on display for a couple of weeks before the buyer gets it. If I had my name on the list for a Sub for two years, and they had them on display over that period, I'd be asking where mine was. The sales staff can't keep fobbing you off forever.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Just be persistently annoying, if you can, call in to the shop at least once a month and ask how you're getting on in the list. They'll recognise you soon enough and get the idea you really want it. They'll have hundreds of names of people who called in once and never to be seen again.

I called in to an AD at the weekend, they had a Sub on display. It'll be on display for a couple of weeks before the buyer gets it. If I had my name on the list for a Sub for two years, and they had them on display over that period, I'd be asking where mine was. The sales staff can't keep fobbing you off forever.
    I guess that’s part of the problem. I live a good 30miles from the nearest retailer so only call in every now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The older 5 digit models are far nicer looking in my opinion compared to the newer more jewellery like 6 digit references.
    That is lovely

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    I found the same when I recently went to try a SD43 & ND sub. Both were nice but have zero charm. I really wanted to love the SD43 having already owned a 2017 11460 which I sold it as it was a bit boring and a 116660 deep sea which I sold after 6 months . I have now got a 14060 2 liner which wears about the same as a 58 and is super comfortable on my 7.5 inch wrist.
    Meant that is lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

On the topic of ND Subs... mine arrived a bit out-of-the-blue about 2-years after expressing interest in a different store. The SA had moved store in the interim within the same group, and the store I registered with no longer stocked Rolex, so I'd written it off. I picked up the old email chain to send the SA a message about a completely different watch for a family member, without mentioning the Sub. A week later I had a call to buy the Sub, and ironically never heard back on the ladies OP! So I do think it's all a bit random and popping up on the radar when stock arrives probably helps. I kept it for about a year but ultimately moved it on.

Master
    All exhibition only in Bangkok and Dubai duty free.

Master
    6 SkyDwellers now available in Chelmsford, can't see who is going to buy these.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post

6 of the rankest skys

RIAC

Master
    Blimey look at those asking prices. Nuts.

Master
    I was lucky enough to get a 124060 in May, traded my DJ41 with WoS as I can't read it anymore. The Sub arrived in a scarcely credible 2.5 days (enquired on the Wednesday, summoned to collect on the Saturday morning), that really is the stars aligning.
    The only casualty is likely to be my 126660 Cameron, the Sub's been worn every day bar 2 since I got it, the Cameron's not getting a look in. Truthfully, it wasn't getting much wear beforehand. I think I'm going to look to move it on in favour of a Fifty Fathoms. One of my work colleagues is keen but told me on Monday that he ordered a new Doxa over the weekend & his wife is furious & wants a new kitchen as "compensation"...

Master
    If it’s any indication of the market, Watches of Switzerland shares under £5 for the first time since November 2020.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a 124060 in May, traded my DJ41 with WoS as I can't read it anymore. The Sub arrived in a scarcely credible 2.5 days (enquired on the Wednesday, summoned to collect on the Saturday morning), that really is the stars aligning.
    Crikey. Here I am 2 years later still waiting on a 124060! Any previous purchase history?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Crikey. Here I am 2 years later still waiting on a 124060! Any previous purchase history?
    Same here although I had a catch up with the sales associate last week and I’ve been offered a GMT Rootbeer as an alternative.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Yep; DJ41, James Cameron, El Primero, Rose gold Defy, Seiko Captain Willard, Black Bay Heritage 41mm. Mind you, I'm aware that there are people who've spent lots more money or have been customers longer. Most of my stuff has come from WoS Oxford Street & I know a few of the staff, which presumably helps. I also think that there's a large element of luck in it all. I went in there on a Wednesday evening to discuss chopping the DJ in, it was agreed that I'd bring everything in on the Tuesday following (Coronation weekend was in between), they'd pay me (a fair offer too) & call me when a Sub came in.
    In the phone message on the Saturday morning they said a Sub had arrived unexpectedly on the Friday night & I was the lucky winner! As I said, I think that previous spend, belief that one is not a flipper & will keep the piece, rapport with the sales staff & luck are all vital points in the process. Luck is certainly a major factor...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post

That slate dial rose gold was a star not so long ago.....

Goes to show what's to come.

Master
    Speaking to my barber this week. He was cutting the hair of a chap who has been working for Rolex for 3 months in an AD and has already got a steel submariner. Seems bizzare not to be fulfilling customer orders first.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Speaking to my barber this week. He was cutting the hair of a chap who has been working for Rolex for 3 months in an AD and has already got a steel submariner. Seems bizzare not to be fulfilling customer orders first.
    Why? Watch in watch out. Retailer job done

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Why? Watch in watch out. Retailer job done
    It's a sale and another on their totals for the year, nothing more. Reinforces the 'load of old b@llocks' that is the 'building a relationship.'

If things are slow then it's out of the safe ready for the next one.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    6 of the rankest skys

Three or four on display in Goldsmiths Newcastle too! Might have said display only, but I’d be surprised if they are not available.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    That slate dial rose gold was a star not so long ago.....

Goes to show what's to come.
    The price increase doesn't help. the OF ones were 30k not too long ago.

Main problem with PM SkyDweller pricing is when the Oysterflex version came out it took on the exact same price as the full PM and the full PM had like an £8k-£10k price rise for no reason.

I got offered white gold Sub with blue bezel and a yellow gold skydweller on Oysterflex today. Neither are anywhere near my wish list. DM me if anyone is interested. Am still waiting on a silver OP41.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I got offered white gold Sub with blue bezel and a yellow gold skydweller on Oysterflex today. Neither are anywhere near my wish list. DM me if anyone is interested. Am still waiting on a silver OP41.
    I quite liked the WG Sub with blue bezel when it came out, but couldn't get one. Now with the prices where they are, I just don't think it's worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    I quite liked the WG Sub with blue bezel when it came out, but couldn't get one. Now with the prices where they are, I just don't think it's worth that.
    I'm pretty sure everything I got offered can't be flipped for a profit. All the big hitters are obviously passing on these pieces.

I asked for one (or the green) in May, when I picked up a watch. The shop phoned me last week. I turned it down. Decided to wait for the green.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I asked for one (or the green) in May, when I picked up a watch. The shop phoned me last week. I turned it down. Decided to wait for the green.
    I switched from Green to Silver when I tried the silver on. Its sublime.

I knew the Rolex AD staff well however when I picked up a green sub Hulk, and a yellow gold green dial Daytona John Meyer - both times I happened to be near the store so just called in to say hi …neither watch was on display …. they just out the blue asked if I was interested . The John Meyer in particular proved a good buy- thank god I didn’t turn it down.

Master

Or have some self respect and don't be persistently annoying.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It’s usually part of the package when you start working at most AD’s nowadays from what I gather.

Surely it makes sense to have your staff wearing a Rolex in your Rolex AD?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It’s usually part of the package when you start working at most AD’s nowadays from what I gather.

Surely it makes sense to have your staff wearing a Rolex in your Rolex AD?
    I was in Bucherer Covent Garden the other day-Rolex SA told me they were not allowed to wear Rolex when working for the precise reason that customers were getting annoyed that staff seemed to be getting preferential treatment. The SA told me she had a GMT Pepsi on jubilee that she couldn't wear to work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    I was in Bucherer Covent Garden the other day-Rolex SA told me they were not allowed to wear Rolex when working for the precise reason that customers were getting annoyed that staff seemed to be getting preferential treatment. The SA told me she had a GMT Pepsi on jubilee that she couldn't wear to work.
    My AD staff all have a Rolex, all different too….

Whilst they harvest info on their customer base and play games on who gets what and when?

Does that sit well with you?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

At Bucherer??

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Whilst they harvest info on their customer base and play games on who gets what and when?

Does that sit well with you?
    I suppose that’s an “if the cap fits” scenario but at my AD I get the watches I order in the timescale I’m told I’ll get them.
    I always get updates and great service, so IMHO they deserve their little perks.

The customer facing guys (even the sales managers) won’t make the rules regarding waiting lists and who gets what, it’ll be people in ivory towers who never have to deal with the unwashed masses, so ire against the guys on the firing line seems petty to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    At Bucherer??

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    No, I deal with DM Robinson.

Even the security guys have Subs on in mine and they are not demos either

Master
    I noticed an Oyster Perpetual ‘celebration’ dial (the one with the multicoloured bubbles / circles / dials) in the window of Watch Club yesterday, I was wondering if I’d ever see one in the wild. In person it looks at once fabulous and a bit of a mess, and in 41mm is no shrinking violet either. I’d still be tempted by the presumably slightly more subtle 36mm, in a dreamworld where one was obtainable at list. As for this one, as they say, if you have to ask the price you (probably) can’t afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I noticed an Oyster Perpetual ‘celebration’ dial (the one with the multicoloured bubbles / circles / dials) in the window of Watch Club yesterday, I was wondering if I’d ever see one in the wild. In person it looks at once fabulous and a bit of a mess, and in 41mm is no shrinking violet either. I’d still be tempted by the presumably slightly more subtle 36mm, in a dreamworld where one was obtainable at list. As for this one, as they say, if you have to ask the price you (probably) can’t afford it.
    I'm not wealthy enough to pay the going rate on these but, much like I won't pay 5 figures for a 16710 cos I remember when they were unloved at £3.5k in 2014, I simply couldn't pay £15k plus for something that retails at £5400.

Master
    I'm not wealthy enough to pay the going rate on these but, much like I won't pay 5 figures for a 16710 cos I remember when they were unloved at £3.5k in 2014, I simply couldn't pay £15k plus for something that retails at £5400.
    Try £22,750 ;-)

https://www.watchclub.com/rolex/oyst...4300-year-2023

Master
    I love mine and it’s 41mm, also have a few other colour OP in the 36mm range my wife has a few in 31mm. If you ever want to try both sizes let me know. Honestly it’s the first 41mm OP I have and I was worried about the size but actually feels comfortable and wears great on my smallish wrist.

I know when I brought my omega of you a number of years ago we had similar thoughts about watch sizes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I love mine and it’s 41mm, also have a few other colour OP in the 36mm range my wife has a few in 31mm. If you ever want to try both sizes let me know. Honestly it’s the first 41mm OP I have and I was worried about the size but actually feels comfortable and wears great on my smallish wrist.

I know when I brought my omega of you a number of years ago we had similar thoughts about watch sizes.
    I agree that the 41 wears much better than you’d expect, it may look larger in the window than on the wrist. I think they worked a bit of magic compared to the old 39 to get it sitting well, and it isn’t actually 41mm anyway. Congratulations on getting hold of one, I’m surprised to have even seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I agree that the 41 wears much better than you’d expect, it may look larger in the window than on the wrist. I think they worked a bit of magic compared to the old 39 to get it sitting well, and it isn’t actually 41mm anyway. Congratulations on getting hold of one, I’m surprised to have even seen one.
    But why no white dial 41...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    But why no white dial 41...sigh.
    The silver dial is the one, trust me. Absolutely gorgeous. I agree re: size. The OP41 wears well on my 18cm wrist. Now if only the 32xx movement issue wasn't a thing.....